ADVERTISEMENT

Sad time for baseball fans

MT4125

Apr 1, 2008
Having to watch UNC and Clemson and then Leggett talk about their prospects for a regional. Don't say we're spoiled if it hurts that our team is out of it! I don't want to think about when Spurrier will retire and whether Mitch will be the only starting QB. It's baseball season!

Clemson is not getting in. After today they're RPI will be around 55.

Remember the 2000 season like it was yesterday. I still have the 2000 team photo poster.

I cried after that game!! And it hurt for a long while until 2010 & 2011, help wipe away the tears...

But, I can't believe how far we have fallen in less than 3 years...

Last edited:
I cried after that game!! And it hurt for a long while until 2010 & 2011, help wipe away the tears...

But, I can believe how far we have fallen in less than 3 years...

That team paved the way for our future success I always say. They won like 25 SEC games (a record at the time) and won like 56 overall games. They also won a ton of games in a row. We were a run away in 2001 at Stanford from the CWS and then made it to the title game in 2002 starting the 3 year CWS run through 2004 and then of course the glory seasons from 2010-2012.

If Clemson wants in they better hope some teams lose that could take their spot. Like Texas winning the Big12 as they are projected Two bid league. Texas win would bump them up to three. Also hafta keep an eye on the AAC tourney

Last edited:
Having to watch UNC and Clemson and then Leggett talk about their prospects for a regional. Don't say we're spoiled if it hurts that our team is out of it! I don't want to think about when Spurrier will retire and whether Mitch will be the only starting QB. It's baseball season!
Nothing lasts forever. We had a bad year period. Let's hope it's just a bump in the road and we can make a comeback next year. We've had a helluva run and this is a proud baseball program. I expect much better next year.

Nothing lasts forever. We had a bad year period. Let's hope it's just a bump in the road and we can make a comeback next year. We've had a helluva run and this is a proud baseball program. I expect much better next year.

I don't think it's a bump on the road.. We have witness a decline since the SR against UNCarolina...

We had that SR, but errors gave that SR away...

These were the same players that were ranked high in recruiting coming into Carolina and all of sudden they are asked to leave because Chad is cleaning house... He needs to look at his coaches starting with the hitting coach...

They were projected as a 3 seed before they beat Louisville....they are in...
I will believe it when it happens. But you're telling me a team in the mid 50s in RPI would still be on the bubble if they went 0-3 in the ACC tourney ? Because 1 wins get them in.

I will believe it when it happens. But you're telling me a team in the mid 50s in RPI would still be on the bubble if they went 0-3 in the ACC tourney ? Because 1 wins get them in.
They actually went 1-2 and Aaron Fitts says they are going to be in the tournament. It keeps Jack around for another year on the bright side.....

I'm not sure what kind of attitude Gamecock fans should have. We're just not used to success and the inevitable fall. It's easy to say that you expect much better next year, when next year is so far away. I think our fan base learned how high expectations can lead to serious disappointment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT