ADVERTISEMENT

Seventh Woods note from Carey Rich

If we can get Woods, that would be HUGE. I think our bball program will turn the corner when Dozier gets here next year and then can we turn on the afterburners if Woods comes here.

Reactions: funktavious
There's been some smoke in the past few days regarding Seventh Woods to USC. Recruiting analysts Jerry Meyer and Jamie Shaw have said a commitment could be imminent and could be as early as today or tomorrow. I haven't seen anything from any USC insiders though. Please please let this happen.

How about another run at Tevin Mack. Him and PJ together next year would be awesome, Seventh would be the cherry on top.

There's been some smoke in the past few days regarding Seventh Woods to USC. Recruiting analysts Jerry Meyer and Jamie Shaw have said a commitment could be imminent and could be as early as today or tomorrow. I haven't seen anything from any USC insiders though. Please please let this happen.
That would be great news!

giphy.gif

This would be phenomenal in conjunction with PJ.

Would be great if he decides to stay home and play. I know him and Dozier are buddies so that is probably helping our cause.

I still don't think he'll come. I know there's been a lot of talk, but that's all it is, just chatter from overly-optimistic fans. Not to say I'd be against the idea; I'll gladly eat crow if he does come. I just really don't see it happening.

I still don't think he'll come. I know there's been a lot of talk, but that's all it is, just chatter from overly-optimistic fans. Not to say I'd be against the idea; I'll gladly eat crow if he does come. I just really don't see it happening.

Ummm...it's more than just "chatter from overly-optimistic fans".

There are well respected national basketball recruiting analysts saying we are now in a prime position to land him which is far more than just fan chatter.

Word is our location, our being an Under Armour school (same brand his AAU squad uses) and his friendship with Dozier are starting to pay off.

Would be huge for USC basketball to get Woods on top of Dozier. Two very highly rated local kids. Dawn is doing it with WBB, keeping the talent in-state.

Ummm...it's more than just "chatter from overly-optimistic fans".

There are well respected national basketball recruiting analysts saying we are now in a prime position to land him which is far more than just fan chatter.

Word is our location, our being an Under Armour school (same brand his AAU squad uses) and his friendship with Dozier are starting to pay off.
Eh, maybe I'm just an overly-pessimistic fan. Carolina sports will do that to you.

So what's changed other than the coach from VCU leaving? He knew Dozier was coming here previously, we've had UA gear for several years, USC is still in Columbia, Frank Martin is still the coach, etc.

So what's changed other than the coach from VCU leaving? He knew Dozier was coming here previously, we've had UA gear for several years, USC is still in Columbia, Frank Martin is still the coach, etc.

I'm afraid you're thinking about Mack.

I'll believe it when I see it, but if this actually happens I will be so impressed with Martin.

I am glad we are still in the game. An in home is better than no visit at all. Woods is the type player we need to get if we ever hope to climb out of the hole we are in. IF Dozier is in his ear that can't do anything but help. GO get 'em Frank!!!.

Land Woods and I'd bet on Mack being the next domino to fall...

Reactions: FORKCOCK
GamecockWarrior and ReadRooster can't we all just get along? Don't understand all the petty constant sniping on this board. It just discourages posters and that's why we visit the board-to read posts.
I am already impressed with Martin and will be moreso if/when he lands Seventh who is destined for stardom on his name alone.

Getting these local kids to stay home is the start of building something special at USC. Staley has done it and Martin is starting to do it as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: FORKCOCK
GamecockWarrior and ReadRooster can't we all just get along? Don't understand all the petty constant sniping on this board. It just discourages posters and that's why we visit the board-to read posts.
I am already impressed with Martin and will be moreso if/when he lands Seventh who is destined for stardom on his name alone.

From what it appears, the new board format may be more discouraging to posters than any banter between me and the one suffering from permanent headsuptheassitis.

Because other people's best interests don't cross your mind. You being heard is clearly the most important thing. Because it's all about you. Now I get it. Thanks for explaining.
I don't give a crap if people listen to me not. It IS about me to point that if I have something to say not matter what anyone thinks about, I'll say it. It's called freedom of speech.

No problem here. Like I said I don't care. Someone wants to smack-post me for no reason it's no sweat off my back.

I don't give a crap if people listen to me not. It IS about me to point that if I have something to say not matter what anyone thinks about, I'll say it. It's called freedom of speech.
Wow. You have convinced me. You really do believe it's about you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT