ADVERTISEMENT

Smart TV .....

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Got a new 50' smart TV. But it doesn't come with ESPN3. What do I do? Does anybody have 1 of those Google chromocast things? Just humor me please thanks.

I have one. WatchESPN app on iPhone 6 plus works perfect. Just open the app, select the event you want to watch, and then click the chromecast icon in the upper right hand corner to play the event on your tv.

I have the Roku 3 and Apple TV also. Both work very well.

Roku 3 is probably the best of the group.

Check and see if the TV has 'Intel WIDI' technology, or some DLNA technology first. You might be able to just stream to that from an iPhone or iPad as well.

I got a chromecast (which is definitely fantastic) and then a few weeks later after fiddling around in the TVs settings/config....found I didn't really need the chromecast.

As long as IOS device (or even computer) are on the same network as the TV, I can stream directly to TV (LG 2014 model). Just another .02.

Unbiased opinion here....just don't let the new tube deter you from actually going to games in person this fall!

7306011_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=66;canvasWidth=105
Best 330 bucks I ever spent. Hisense 40 inch w/ built in Roku TV from Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisense...u-tv/7306011.p?id=1219265948986&skuId=7306011

I just bought a Roku 1($49)as my old one which was 6 or 7 yrs old did not have utube. My tv is an 18 yr old 60" Hitachi and still going strong. Only spent $142 to have it serviced one time so it is too old for Roku 3. A tv with built in Roku sounds great but how to replace the Roku when it is no longer being serviced by them?
Roku 1 is great with Netflix and utube and a bunch of other channels. The only thing I don't like about Roku is that they don't allow you to record in most cases. I hope to be able to cancel DTV and its $124PM bill someday.

I just bought a Roku 1($49)as my old one which was 6 or 7 yrs old did not have utube. My tv is an 18 yr old 60" Hitachi and still going strong. Only spent $142 to have it serviced one time so it is too old for Roku 3. A tv with built in Roku sounds great but how to replace the Roku when it is no longer being serviced by them?
Roku 1 is great with Netflix and utube and a bunch of other channels. The only thing I don't like about Roku is that they don't allow you to record in most cases. I hope to be able to cancel DTV and its $124PM bill someday.
18 years old ????? Lol

18 years old ????? Lol
I just ditched ATT Uverse last week. Tired of paying 200 per month. Did keep internet. When dead period is over I'll probably get Sling if Apple hasn't come out with an affordable package with SECN. Already have the appletv but does me no good for SEC at this time.

Got a new 50' smart TV. But it doesn't come with ESPN3. What do I do? Does anybody have 1 of those Google chromocast things? Just humor me please thanks.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Amazon Fire tv, I have 2 Fire tv sticks - the 40 dollar version and they work great. They had slightly better specs than the roku counterpart.

I just ditched ATT Uverse last week. Tired of paying 200 per month. Did keep internet. When dead period is over I'll probably get Sling if Apple hasn't come out with an affordable package with SECN. Already have the appletv but does me no good for SEC at this time.
Roku has Sling tv. You would think satellite providers would be making an effort to reduce costs to customers instead of the opposite. They may regret their greed.
It only costs $20PM compared to my DTV with a $124PM charge and that's with no special movie or sports channels.

Last edited:
We have Apple TV and Love it. Can watch all ESPN but we have uverse and subscribe to ESPN. Don't know it we could do this without cable

We have Apple TV and Love it. Can watch all ESPN but we have uverse and subscribe to ESPN. Don't know it we could do this without cable

At this time, you have to be a cable subscriber to get watchespn. Apple is coming out with a lineup in June that hopefully will include esp. and scen. If not, I'll get sling.

I have a smart TV and a Chromecast. Have used Chromecast to watch sports while on vacation using only my phone as the wifi hot spot. Worked great.

We have Apple TV and Dish. Have an 8 year old Samsung which is a workhorse of a TV-except that little cycling problem. Checked out YouTube, learned how to replace 4 capacitors in the power supply and now it works great.
Want to get rid of Dish once I figure out the most cost effective packages to purchase.

Silly question I guess. Is there a way to download/record content on a flash drive or something else and save them to use on multiple devices such as a smart tv or tablet...?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT