ADVERTISEMENT

SoCal expected to announce hiring of Riley

Does he know how much money he'll lose to taxes? Maybe he plans to have his residence else where.

Riley introductory news conference at Southern Cal. Opening remarks by the first speaker - the AD I presume - explain a lot. Coach's comments begin at the 20:00 mark.

Last edited:
I'm surprised. I liked the idea of having great coaches in the SEC. If he's running away because of a tough SEC schedule then he lacks something.

Not afraid, maybe, but definitely tactical. If he can get USC back up and running, his path to the CFP is much easier. Much tougher to emerge at the top of the SEC heap.
He'd be looking at one tough conference game a year and maybe a couple of pesky games. They would also have to deal with Notre Dame. Nothing a great team couldn't handle.

Reactions: AltoonaSteve
He'd be looking at one tough conference game a year and maybe a couple of pesky games. They would also have to deal with Notre Dame. Nothing a great team couldn't handle.
This might sound dumb but we all might be forgetting one key piece, his wife. I think a lot of people discount how much of a say so wives of coaches have in these decisions. Lincoln briefly mentioned the chance to raise his family in a new location. Maybe they (or she) likes the LA lifestyle? That wouldn’t be the only reason to go but it might be a contributing factor.

Reactions: rogue cock
This might sound dumb but we all might be forgetting one key piece, his wife. I think a lot of people discount how much of a say so wives of coaches have in these decisions. Lincoln briefly mentioned the chance to raise his family in a new location. Maybe they (or she) likes the LA lifestyle? That wouldn’t be the only reason to go but it might be a contributing factor.
I'd like to learn later where the kids are going to school.

I was about to make the same rationale....this move sounds more like a wife decision than a husband decision. Mine would definitely choose LA over Norman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT