ADVERTISEMENT

Soonerscoop saying Venables to OU.

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
Soonerscoop saying Venables to OU. I don't know if true, just what one Sooner site is claiming.

Cam Marino also links Venables to the opening, citing his close relationship with athletic director Joe Castiglione.

Seems awfully quick, even if he's the first choice you think there would be a couple more days of sure diligence.

10755933.png

Reactions: humble servant
Somebody posted a picture of Venables son, DJ and Bryan Bressee with the upside down Texas hook em sign. Be hilarious if Venables goes and poaches the tater team.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Somebody posted a picture of Venables son, DJ and Bryan Bressee with the upside down Texas hook em sign. Be hilarious if Venables goes and poaches the tater team.
One tweet from sports site had DJU going with him. Who knows....it could be interesting, it may be much ado about nothing.....but it gives us something to talk about.

OU Insider's Parker Thune says ity is Venables or Jeff Lebby from Miss State.
Prior to being Kiffin's OC, Lebby was OC for Josh Heupel at UCF. By the way, I know you don't like him but, Heupel did a good job in his first year at UT, especially considering the mess he inherited there (losing probably more players to the portal than any other school and replacing a Head Coach who was clearly over his head).

Reactions: Scuba_do
One tweet from sports site had DJU going with him. Who knows....it could be interesting, it may be much ado about nothing.....but it gives us something to talk about.

I was perusing some Oklahoma boards. Apparently one bleacher report that had it as a done deal with DJ going with him was from a fake account.

Serious question, do you think Oklahoma would want DJ? Did they see him play?

I was perusing some Oklahoma boards. Apparently one bleacher report that had it as a done deal with DJ going with him was from a fake account.

Serious question, do you think Oklahoma would want DJ? Did they see him play?
He's young and he looked good the year before in a replacement role. Just not sure he was ready yet to have to carry the team. He has some talent.

It would make sense that OU goes after a defensive coach since defense has been their weakness since Riley has been HC. Having said that, seems to me that college rules have been favoring the offense in recent years. I'd be hiring an offensive guy. But, if it's Venables, I don't want to say anything BAD about him. "Soonerscoop Saying Venables to OU". GOOD.

It would make sense that OU goes after a defensive coach since defense has been their weakness since Riley has been HC. Having said that, seems to me that college rules have been favoring the offense in recent years. I'd be hiring an offensive guy. But, if it's Venables, I don't want to say anything BAD about him. "Soonerscoop Saying Venables to OU". GOOD.
Just glanced to see what he is reporting. Evidently David Hood hasn't been able to get any information. Saying the football complex is silent, all coaches are on the road recruiting, and other sources have no clue.

Just glanced to see what he is reporting. Evidently David Hood hasn't been able to get any information. Saying the football complex is silent, all coaches are on the road recruiting, and other sources have no clue.

And while perusing a Clemson site, I read where the twitter picture of DJ and Venables son is supposed to be an old picture. But that's from an anonymous message board poster.

If it is him, I think Dabo will get a good replacement. But, you never know. I do know that clemson's rise coincided with BV becoming their DC. That's why I say "GOOD" if he is the one.

And while perusing a Clemson site, I read where the twitter picture of DJ and Venables son is supposed to be an old picture. But that's from an anonymous message board poster.
Saw that also. He didn't respond when someone pointed out DJU's injured hand....which I assume was recent.

He's the most talked about name with that opening right now. Make no mistake, this would be a gigantic loss for Clemson. if not for their D, they would be lucky to be a 6 win team this season. The Venables hire was THE hire that changed things at Clemson.

Kirby Smart says hello

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT