ADVERTISEMENT

Spartanburg recruit

Percy57

Jun 2, 2001
Did dabadabado Pull his offer to the Spartanburg recruit that visited TN.? Feaster was his name or something lik that.

I can tell you from personal knowledge, Feaster isn't going anywhere but Clemson. I am friends with the principal and play golf with him every few weeks. We talked about it several weeks back, Dabo has been to the school so much it isn't funny. I can tell you that Feaster is a very solid back. He has great hands, but like many HS kids do, he looks to bounce it outside more than run it up the gut and get the tough yards. Quickest RB I have seen since a guy named Steve Davis (Spartanburg High School/Auburn/Washington Redskins/Carolina Panthers).

I can tell you from personal knowledge, Feaster isn't going anywhere but Clemson. I am friends with the principal and play golf with him every few weeks. We talked about it several weeks back, Dabo has been to the school so much it isn't funny. I can tell you that Feaster is a very solid back. He has great hands, but like many HS kids do, he looks to bounce it outside more than run it up the gut and get the tough yards. Quickest RB I have seen since a guy named Steve Davis (Spartanburg High School/Auburn/Washington Redskins/Carolina Panthers).
Not discounting what you are saying, BUT isn't the head coaches visits limited to the player?

I give Dabo all the credit in the world and harp on Spurrier for his lack of interest in recruiting BUT if Dabo is going to the school that much is against the rules. Right?

Anyone know the rules as it pertains to head coaches and visits to a recruits school?

Spurrier came to the school after the season was over and tried to spend time with him. I know Dabo has been a handful of times whether it be to a game/ 7v7/ practices and other times

Ive seen Feaster play, he's another Spiller. I can't believe we wouldn't recruit this kid to the very last minute. We need to put Lattimore in his face over and over and over again. And I know Chris Miller loves Lattimore!

From his history, he only pulls schollys from less important prospects, uses them as an example. I don't think he's done it to a more important recruit.

Okay. Gotcha. So, he's not Marcus Lattimore re: his running style, right? Unlike Marcus, he doesn't run it up the middle, dragging 4-5 defenders for an additional 3,4,5,6 . . ., et al yards? He tippy-toes to the outside, right? Yeah, got it.

I think Feaster does set up his blockers well. He's a good good good football player. I didn't see him always looking for the outside.

He's a good one that is going to be really good. He's not a small kid either, put together perfectly to play running back if you ask me. He'll go outside only because he's faster than 99% of the guys he'll play against.

WCCP was talking this morning that Feaster was no longer a given for CU. That he saw some thing at Tennessee that he really liked and found out that CU wasn't the only school that had what he was looking for from a school.

By no means am I bashing the kid. I watched several of his games this year. I am a graduate of Spartanburg. I want the kid to do well. But I am also looking at the picture when he will be matched up with guys his size and larger. I agree that he bounces outside because he is faster than 99% of the guys he is facing. A lot of his touches also came on the Clemson type pass plays out of the backfield where he would take it 30,40,50 yards on a four yard pass. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him play at SC, however I think he fits Clemson's offense more so than ours.

There's a story on the Tennessee Rivals page this morning headlining Volquest.com's interview with Spartanburg's Feaster claiming he's 'reevaluating' his previous commitment to Clemson and seriously considering other options.
No details but that much is in the headline.
Checking the site I noticed that to-date UT hasn't obtained any RB commitments for 2016 so that could play a part in Feaster's decision, too.
I'd wager it carries more weight than his HS principal's druthers ... that and the fact Spartanburg's last really GREAT RB chose the SEC as his stage before heading to the pros.
We just need to keep letting him know that we'd love to have him here.

By no means am I bashing the kid. I watched several of his games this year. I am a graduate of Spartanburg. I want the kid to do well. But I am also looking at the picture when he will be matched up with guys his size and larger. I agree that he bounces outside because he is faster than 99% of the guys he is facing. A lot of his touches also came on the Clemson type pass plays out of the backfield where he would take it 30,40,50 yards on a four yard pass. Don't get me wrong I would love to have him play at SC, however I think he fits Clemson's offense more so than ours.
Sorry wasn't trying to insinuate you were bashing him.

Feaster, in my opinion, is not a track guy playing football, but a football player with track speed. I haven't seen a running back in person as dynamic he is. Lattimore was a "true" running back, could do about everything really good. Feaster in my opinion does everything exceptional except run between the tackles.

If he got with a different offense, say USC or Georgia, that emphasizes being a "true" running back then his NFL chances will be increased.

Only thing Im not certain of with Feaster is what his body type is going to be in 3 or 4 years. He looks pretty big on the field, but maybe he's not going to be the size of an every down back in the NFL. Lattimore would have been.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
I wish someone. Anyone of these media heads around here would hold Dabos feet to the fire with a specific question about how he decides which players can visit other schools while committed and which can not. It's just another huge pile of upstate BS that gets a free pass from the media.

I wish someone. Anyone of these media heads around here would hold Dabos feet to the fire with a specific question about how he decides which players can visit other schools while committed and which can not. It's just another huge pile of upstate BS that gets a free pass from the media.

Let's face it, Dabo owns the press in this state. Question him, lose access. He won't even speak to Kornblut unless it is at a press conference setting.

I think we all know the answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he makes exceptions for the exceptionally talented players (high 4 stars and 5 stars).

I think we all know the answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he makes exceptions for the exceptionally talented players (high 4 stars and 5 stars).

He wants to pretend that he's Nick Saban with 3 Star recruits. 5 star recruits, not so much. He tried that with Nkemdichie sp.

Feaster seems like a good kid after reading article about him. Good luck wherever he decides to go

Feaster in the end will be a Tiger. He likes the recruiting process and might take some visits but look for Dabo to shut it down during his Senior Season.

Why do really good kids go to the acc? You would think they would want to play against the best.

From his history, he only pulls schollys from less important prospects, uses them as an example. I don't think he's done it to a more important recruit.
^^^^this^^^^....if anyone thinks dabo is going to pull his scholly they are kidn themselves...its all smoke and mirrors....he makes examples of the lesser to try and keep the better in line

I don't know but something is changing their minds. Sucks.

Other than the big time recruits getting $$$$, and I can't be convinced that Feaster hasn't had it handed to him, the big advantage of playing in the ACC is it's less wear and tear on the body because the league isn't as physical. If I were an ACC coach/recruiter I would use that angle to try and get players to my team.

Apparently Dabo is very selective in enforcing his own rules that he brags so boldly about. Just depends on the player. Feaster is probably good enough for Dabo to overlook all his "all in" talk where he pulls the offer from a committed player that then takes a visit. A lesser player would be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT