ADVERTISEMENT

The Difference is Mostly "HYPE"

First off SS, you are the strangest dude I've run across on the internet and that is saying a lot. I can't believe that there is so much blind homerism on this board that even Gamecock fans aren't saying you are off your meds. Some of my best friends are USC alumni and they would say you are bat shit crazy.

Post the link and I will personally apologize and say you are awesome. You can't. It certainly appears you inserted false quotes. Why? Because you are a complete nut case that takes all this too seriously.

Now, I will be up all night in fear of your subpoena to Rivals and the impending defamation of character suit. Thanks.

Some of the best posters in the world are Gamecock fans on the Mainboard. I can't believe no one on here is calling this potato out. Do you guys have no pride?

SS, for future reference please address posts to me in Hindi. That way it will at least looked as goobered up as it reads.

SS is too crazy to be a dude..... that chick is off her rocker.

Waot, did numez really complete 68 of 142 throws for 803 passing yards, and connect for 2 TD's compared to 5 INT's his senior year?

Maybe there's a reason he wasn't featured in "pass happy" offense.

Look at GT. All they do is run the ball, so when they do finally elect to pass, it's normally wide open.

Watson has the best passer rating in the country (in college), with the longest per yard completion rate and played his best games against our toughest opponents.

14 TDs, 2 Ints

That's hype?

Wait, I get it. SS took his meds and got sleepy. Still embarrassed for all the regular sane posters on here that didn't chime in. Pitiful.

Im not saying that Watson isn't good or even great, but a lot of his hype and proven abilities are based on his play "with a torn ACL against Carolina. well its impressive but after our first game Kenny Hill was the next Heisman Trophy Winner so i dont know how much you can truly credit him with.. Carolina's defense was truly terrible last year and just about every QB we faced looked impressive and put up big numbers. no pass rush and no secondary.

Yes, where are the sane fans to join in this silly pissing contest between ss and you turds?

Seriously, guys over tossing out insults about "momma's basement" should look up the word irony. It's 11 o'clock on Saturday night and you playboys are so popular that you spent the night over on your rival's board. Winners indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
Think how you spent the last few hours and consider that last statement. You're selling yourself short, bubba. You're plenty stupid enough.

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
Thanks for your input but this thread is way past that. Is SS bat shit crazy or not? The fact that you read through this thread and comment about college football players tells me a lot about you. Jesus. I can't drink enough to be as stupid as you people.
Get off this forum and get over yourself... you must just have nothing better to do with your time and your tater friends probably dont like to talk over on your board either. the thread was about QBs and thats what my comment was about. You people are sad.

Not even close. Watson started substantiating the hype he garnered during his high school recruitment in his first collegiate game. The poise he showed and the throws he made as a true freshman against Georgia made people take notice that this kid could be real special. He was already being promoted as an elite QB well before the SC game. The SC game just added to the story line.

Not even close. Watson started substantiating the hype he garnered during his high school recruitment in his first collegiate game. The poise he showed and the throws he made as a true freshman against Georgia made people take notice that this kid could be real special. He was already being promoted as an elite QB well before the SC game. The SC game just added to the story line.
you are right about a lot of it coming from his high school career and him stepping in for boyd's backup. I am just saying that the way he ended the year with that hype from the SC game. i dont doubt or disagree he is a talent and value to clemson.

Reactions: LegalTiger
Guys....we all know SS1 is a little shy of a six pack. Most are probably embarrassed or like me...don't want to invest the Grey matter it takes into reading and discussing this mess. All of this debate this time of year cracks me up because 35 days from now, we will all have a more firm grasp of what's happening. DW is a good QB, no doubt. I don't care what Clemson does the weeks we don't play them. I'm from SC and understand the rivalry.....just not the obsessions by both of our fan bases. I dislike Georgia worse than Clemson. Lastly I don't think you can glean a lot from Nunez' senior season because he was surrounded by a poor team. Again...all we gotta do is wait 4/5 weeks and we will be able to talk trash with a few facts...I can't wait.....

Reactions: LegalTiger
There is another Clemson fan over stating the throw he made in the Georgia game where Clemson got waxed by the way. Anybody that thinks that Watson stood in the pocket and said "hey that LB has his back to me I'm going to throw this ball right past his earhole and my guy will catch it" is drinking too much orange koolaid. There are lots of Qb's out there that could have made that throw 1 time. Watson never made that kind of throw again. It was a lucky throw so Clemson fans need to quit making it out to be more than it was. That what you guys do with every Qb you have. Just look at your preseason Heisman's of Parker, Boyd and Stout LMAO

LOL. we wouldn't be having this conversation if Watson was an average QB. Any kid straight out of highschool who can play with the poise he showed and make the reads and throws he did will garner attention. It is what it is and he is an upgrade at the position like CJ was over Davis.

Suites I do have a link to that article. You made up all the quotes about Watson.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/08/georgias-no-1-qb-to-play-for-steve-spurrier/

LOL

@SportsSuites1 this is, without question, the most pathetic thing I've ever seen someone do.

You MADE UP quotes, tried to pass it as a legitimate article, and didn't even manage to Google the kid's name that you were lying about to make sure you spelled it correctly?

kys.

Welcome back. It was kinda quiet with you not around for a while. I look forward to not opening many of the pointless threads you are sure to start in the next few weeks.
Of which there have been several.

When Deshawn Watson signed with the tigers last year you would have thought the world stopped spinning. Clemson-leaning newspapers, tiger fans and Dabo wouldn't shut up. The guy's very good but has shown he's potentially frail; whatever - a LOT of that story has yet to play out.

A year later we signed 2015's #1 QB from the state of GA and not much hype followed. Today's GC 'headline' says Nunez probably 'won't redshirt'.

'Sneaky' press of things to come in 'special situations'? Perhaps.

This story did run last summer in the AJC after we inked him ...

The State of Georgia's No. 1 QB Signs With South Carolina

Another Georgia quarterback will get to play for Steve Spurrier.

Lorenzo Nunez, the state’s No. 1-ranked prospect at quarterback, committed to South Carolina over N.C. State after his football practice on Thursday at Harrison High School.

“He picked South Carolina because of several reasons,” said his father, Del Nunez. “He’ll get a coach (Spurrier) that is well-versed in getting quarterbacks to the next level, and teaching quarterbacks to play the position. The relationships we have with Coach Spurrier and (QB coach G.A. Mangus) are tremendous. South Carolina is located close to home, it’s an SEC program, and it has good academics. Those were the factors, I would say.”

Steve Spurrier landed another Georgia QB

Former Flowery Branch High School standout Connor Shaw just wrapped up his career at South Carolina, starting for three seasons and finishing as the winningest quarterback in school history.

“Coach Spurrier is evolving with the game,” Nunez said. “In the past, he’s always had a dropback passer. Connor Shaw was kind of his first true dual-threat guy. Now with guys that can run 4.4s and 4.5s at linebacker, you need a guy who can be mobile in the pocket. I can do that."

“I think (Spurrier’s) exact words were ‘I’m evolving with the game. In order to do that, I need somebody who can extend plays with his legs. Not be a runner, but extend plays with his legs.’”

Last year's No. 1 rated Georgia high school QB, Deshawn Watson signed with Clemson. "Watson was a great high school player, but in some ways not just me but many area coaches who were lucky enough to watch them both play many times think Lorenzo is even better," said Kennesaw's Harrison Hoya head coach, Matt Dickmann. "Lorenzo didn't quite have the passing numbers in high school that Watson did, but he wasn't always throwing it to a couple of 6'4" wide receivers either," continued Dickmann. "Running the football Lorenzo is just as good if not better than Deshawn. He's definitely faster that Watson, and Watson can run. When comparing every 2015 Top 20 dual-threat quarterback nationally Lorenzo is the fastest in the group. I think Lorenzo will have a tremendous impact on South Carolina's team almost immediately. He is very happy to be a Gamecock."

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Nunez is rated as a very high 4-star prospect, the No. 1 quarterback in Georgia, the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the nation, and the state’s No. 19 overall prospect. He had very little communication with UGA or Georgia Tech. Ohio State, Tennessee, Alabama, Miami and Clemson were among approximately two dozen other schools that also tried very hard to sign Nunez, who in the final analysis selected South Carolina over NC State. "In the end it came down to Coach Spurrier and the SEC," said Del Nunez.
That's a 'nice' story but it's miles from the Watson-hype. Guess we'll see soon enough. I've heard 'rumors' Dabo likes to PROMISE 'first carries, first pass, a start, whatever' to recruits against teams from their home state. Who thinks the HBC promised Nunez a 'start' against Georgia? I don't. He WILL get a chance to 'compete', though, and I'll BET he turns out to be a VERY GOOD one.

Reactions: Matte Black
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT