ADVERTISEMENT

The players that left the baseball team flourished.....

superflyby

Mar 12, 2007
Monroe NC
...those that stayed batted .200. If those players had stayed in the program would they have been .200 hitters here too ? That gives me pause to wonder. The kids that left look like superstars and the kids that were suppose to be better bottomed out. I think the coaching has to be called out on that as well as this dumpster fire season. I await a spin from the ones who are going to defend this. I know Holbrook will be here for another year but this is just another alarm that is going off about this staff.....

Who are you talking about
George Iskendarian (Miami FLA): 58 gms, .379 BA, 3 HR, 50 RBI (led the Hurricanes in hitting - he did also lead them with 18 errors)

Erik Payne (Virginia Tech): 54 gms, ,343 BA, 9 HR, 53 RBI (remember Erik desperately wanting to get on the field for us? He also led his new team in hitting, but like Iskie led them with 13 errors)

Anthony Paulsen (Winthrop): 59 gms, .343 BA, 4 HR, 45 RBI (he didn't record a hit against us earlier this season in their 7-5 win against us, but he's the Eagle's 2nd-leading hitter, and he actually is one of their top defenders with only 2 errors and a .984 fielding %....

...those that stayed batted .200. If those players had stayed in the program would they have been .200 hitters here too ? That gives me pause to wonder. The kids that left look like superstars and the kids that were suppose to be better bottomed out. I think the coaching has to be called out on that as well as this dumpster fire season. I await a spin from the ones who are going to defend this. I know Holbrook will be here for another year but this is just another alarm that is going off about this staff.....
Not having to face SEC pitching probably helps.

I don't know the circumstances, but I always thought Iskendarian pulled the trigger too quickly in transferring. He was a really good looking player as well as Payne. It seems no one is willing to wait their turn anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT