ADVERTISEMENT

The USA women are playing for the world title and hardly anyone is talking about it

Who's the us and the no one? Lots of people in this thread care and millions of other fans care. Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean your bland generalizations account for everyone.

LOL Just because you are a fan doesn't mean anything either! I don't like womens soccer. Now womens beach volleyball, that's an exciting sport. But Im sure you would rather watch soccer cause it is the "in thing" with the media now lol

Please let football season get here so I will have something to watch and all you soccer lovers can watch old soccer matches from your dvr

LOL Just because you are a fan doesn't mean anything either! I don't like womens soccer. Now womens beach volleyball, that's an exciting sport. But Im sure you would rather watch soccer cause it is the "in thing" with the media now lol

Please let football season get here so I will have something to watch and all you soccer lovers can watch old soccer matches from your dvr
maybe if they let the women in soccer wear some of those beach ball volleyball outfits it would be better.....although some of them are fugly and probably need more clothes

I've been watching women's soccer probably before you were born. I remember the first game in 1985 and when it was the "it thing"long before this current World Cup. The beauty of soccer/futbol is while fans can enjoy it year round. We won't need to watch dvr'd matches as the EPL, Bundesliga, and La Liga will all begin in August. So, while you watch the SEC Network, ESPN Classic, and YouTube of old games soccer fans get to enjoy the WWC, Copa America, Gold Cup, and Euro Qualifications. Based on your comments if Women's Soccer wore bikinis you'd watch it which also depicts your simplistic and devaluing mindset. It's okay, soccer doesn't need your viewership it's doing quite well on its own.

I've been watching women's soccer probably before you were born. I remember the first game in 1985 and when it was the "it thing"long before this current World Cup. The beauty of soccer/futbol is while fans can enjoy it year round. We won't need to watch dvr'd matches as the EPL, Bundesliga, and La Liga will all begin in August. So, while you watch the SEC Network, ESPN Classic, and YouTube of old games soccer fans get to enjoy the WWC, Copa America, Gold Cup, and Euro Qualifications. Based on your comments if Women's Soccer wore bikinis you'd watch it which also depicts your simplistic and devaluing mindset. It's okay, soccer doesn't need your viewership it's doing quite well on its own.

No. I wouldn't watch it if they were naked. Have tried but doesn't interest me. To each his own. I have watched curling during the Olympics which is about as interesting though

i like it and i think that the usa women win easily 2-0....thats my prediction....i dont see japan even scoring....possibly 3-0....usa women are far better

I like a girl in uniform.
well duh
Krisalia-Women-Underwear-lingerie-10106584-280-400.jpg

I know some people take an attitude when it comes to women's sports. Occasionally, I'm one of them. That said, in general women's sports are of less interest than men's. And soccer is not a major draw in the US. I've watched most of the women's World Cup. I find it interesting. But I'm not watching a women's professional league

I know some people take an attitude when it comes to women's sports. Occasionally, I'm one of them. That said, in general women's sports are of less interest than men's. And soccer is not a major draw in the US. I've watched most of the women's World Cup. I find it interesting. But I'm not watching a women's professional league
i get that watching women isnt like watchn men....but these women are world class athletes.....i seriously doubt that the mens soccer team at usc could even keep up with these ladies

i get that watching women isnt like watchn men....but these women are world class athletes.....i seriously doubt that the mens soccer team at usc could even keep up with these ladies
Yes, these are athletes. But no, any quality men's college program would run circles around them.

Yes, these are athletes. But no, any quality men's college program would run circles around them.

You are aware they scrimmage men's programs and beat them? Also, you made a comment about soccer not being a draw. The WWC had 7 rating for the US vs Germany game. Don't even get me started on the ratings for the MWC and UEFA Champions League.

Sometimes, I feel like people in the state of SC are so back asswards. Anyway, that's another topic.

Reasons to watch women's soccer:

1) it's the USA
2) Alex Morgan is hot
3) it's 10X more exciting than any other sport on TV right now

You are aware they scrimmage men's programs and beat them? Also, you made a comment about soccer not being a draw. The WWC had 7 rating for the US vs Germany game. Don't even get me started on the ratings for the MWC and UEFA Champions League.
I never it wasn't a draw. I said I watch the USWNT, but have no interest in women's (or men's) pro soccer.
And you'll have to show me something about them playing and beating men's programs. Since reading your quote, I've looked. The only stories I can find are about them scrimmaging men's youth teams (U19 & U16) and losing...badly. Not saying i don't believe you, but I couldn't find evidence of them regularly beating men's programs.

I enjoy watching so many American men get scared about soccer and its rising popularity. The big, scary bogeyman is coming to get you!

Game was amazing. Got sloppy towards the end, but the endurance and technical ability some of them have to use only their feet to manuever and touch the ball is crazy. You should all try it... running full speed and trying to work your way around with the ball at your feet. It takes amazing skill and creativity, not to mention the endurance.

Great win for the women!! They worked hard and deserve it!

We are all equal. We should have one team for the country, with the best players making the team.

I guess futbol (soccer) will never catch on big here....
I was in Nashville for the Germany game, didn't go, but let me tell you, the fans were all over the place. May not be big in Columbia, but there are a lot of fans that watch, and will travel to watch the USA ladies play.

I never it wasn't a draw. I said I watch the USWNT, but have no interest in women's (or men's) pro soccer.
And you'll have to show me something about them playing and beating men's programs. Since reading your quote, I've looked. The only stories I can find are about them scrimmaging men's youth teams (U19 & U16) and losing...badly. Not saying i don't believe you, but I couldn't find evidence of them regularly beating men's programs.

Yeah...about that.....

the-fail-is-strong-with-this-one-thumb_zpsf2a7741a.jpg

Yeah...about that.....

the-fail-is-strong-with-this-one-thumb_zpsf2a7741a.jpg
Take it for what you will. The qualifier "major" is an important part of my statement. While MLS is 3rd or 4th in average attendance per event among professional sports in the U.S., in total attendance it is behind: NFL, NCAA football, MLB, NCAA basketball, NASCAR, etc. Hardly a "major" draw, Yoda.

The riveting goal-fest at BC Place in Vancouver earned a 12.9 household rating/share with 25.4 million viewers, peaking at 30.9 million viewers between 8:30 and 8:45 pm ET.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT