ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Moody passes

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
I met Tommy once at the funeral of a family member of my wife. He was as friendly as everyone says.

Will Muschamp
Shane Beamer
Monte Lee
Chad Holbrook
Drew Meyer
Coach Tanner
Coach Kingston and more make statements.

I listened to Tommy just this past weekend on the high school scoreboard show Friday night. (I flip back and forth between that show and Phil Kornblut's high school scoreboard show). Both shows do a great job highlighting high school sports.

Tommy knew all the coaches just like you'd expect and they would often call in to talk to him and his cohost Justin.

Tommy was talking about Bobby Richardson and presenting him an award just a week or so ago at an event at USC. The "Father of USC Baseball" award was created for Coach Richardson to honor him by the Letterman's Club. Tommy was talking about how Coach Richardson had been having some health issues but he came to the event.

It's going to be impossible to replace his knowledge of USC baseball. Lost a lot of knowledge and true stories with Tommy's passing. No one else out there like him and Tom Price before him.

The next person in line with that knowledge of USC baseball is probably Teddy Heffner.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT