ADVERTISEMENT

UNC taking a chance in Charlotte against USC ?

superflyby

Mar 12, 2007
Monroe NC
Well that seems to be the take in this article in The State but written for the News Observer......I guess we aren't taking a chance.....at least according to them.

Larry Fedora acknowledges there are inherent risks in opening the football season against an SEC opponent at a neutral site on national television. The North Carolina coach also feels the TV exposure and recruiting impact from playing South Carolina in Charlotte on Sept. 3 offers a potential reward that far outweighs those risks.

“Everybody wants to start out with a win, that’s No. 1,” Fedora said. “Obviously, the pros are, it could be a great thing for this conference. Everybody is talking about it. It’s good for recruits. It’s good for our team as they prepare through the summer, to know that they have that big game coming up. The negatives are, if you’re not successful, how you manage your team not starting out with a win. That’s part of coaching.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/football/article28874851.html#storylink=cpy

Damn, sounds like UNC might be scared to show up. They can't play cupcakes every week and hope to become respected in the collegiate football world. As Rick said, " to be the man you gotta beat the man."

Today I made a straight up bet with a UNC grad I work with. We'll meet up in Charloote with friends for the game. I have no problem collecting the money just like Coach Spurrier when he takes Kevin Sumlin's 10 bucks.

Today I made a straight up bet with a UNC grad I work with. We'll meet up in Charloote with friends for the game. I have no problem collecting the money just like Coach Spurrier when he takes Kevin Sumlin's 10 bucks.

How much did you bet straight up?

How much did you bet straight up?
Just 20 Bucks. He's a customer of mine so he doesn't have to pay if he wins. He sent me a text this morning and said he expects next day Fed Ex payment after the Tar Heels win.

I wrote him back and told him he must still be in bed because he is dreaming and that Larry Fedora + Gene Chizik = the UNCarolina....

Reactions: debordieu cock
Well that seems to be the take in this article in The State but written for the News Observer......I guess we aren't taking a chance.....at least according to them.

Larry Fedora acknowledges there are inherent risks in opening the football season against an SEC opponent at a neutral site on national television. The North Carolina coach also feels the TV exposure and recruiting impact from playing South Carolina in Charlotte on Sept. 3 offers a potential reward that far outweighs those risks.

“Everybody wants to start out with a win, that’s No. 1,” Fedora said. “Obviously, the pros are, it could be a great thing for this conference. Everybody is talking about it. It’s good for recruits. It’s good for our team as they prepare through the summer, to know that they have that big game coming up. The negatives are, if you’re not successful, how you manage your team not starting out with a win. That’s part of coaching.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/football/article28874851.html#storylink=cpy

What are they afraid of? That we might give them a written test or something? ;)

Reactions: Tigerof66
I bet there's a lot of tobacco road corpses rolling over in their graves and some living zombies throwing up or in ICU right now. Probably some dorky higher ups in the ACC front office not too happy about this too...about as disgruntled as Dat-Boi groveling over "practically being an SEC team".

Fools like these know not what they say.

I bet there's a lot of tobacco road corpses rolling over in their graves and some living zombies throwing up or in ICU right now. Probably some dorky higher ups in the ACC front office not too happy about this too...about as disgruntled as Dat-Boi groveling over "practically being an SEC team".

Fools like these know not what they say.

YEP..nothing worse than waking up to a Chardonnay hangover.

ADVERTISEMENT