ADVERTISEMENT

USC lands JUCO infield prospect

USC's baseball staff has been looking to the junior college ranks for help in the 2015 recruiting class.

On Friday, Neosho County (Kansas) Community College's Jonah Bride pledged to Chad Holbrook and the Gamecocks.

An infield prospect, Bride had a standout campaign this season for the Panthers. He hit .471 with 14 home runs, 93 RBIs, 26 doubles and struck out just 13 times in 204 at-bats. Bride was also four for four on stolen bases.

Sounds good and nice numbers, but can he play???:)

Seriously, Bride is a solid pickup....he made 2nd-team 2014 Louisville Slugger All-American team, the same AA team that included current Gamecocks Alex Destino and Madison Stokes, and incoming commit Cody Morris. He is as great a defensive player as he is an offensive one. He only played one season in JUCO and tore that league up both at the plate and behind the glove. I'm excited to see what he can do for the Gamecocks next season...

Seriously, Bride is a solid pickup....he made 2nd-team 2014 Louisville Slugger All-American team, the same AA team that included current Gamecocks Alex Destino and Madison Stokes, and incoming commit Cody Morris. He is as great a defensive player as he is an offensive one. He only played one season in JUCO and tore that league up both at the plate and behind the glove. I'm excited to see what he can do for the Gamecocks next season...

Let's get him a real hitting coach in before Chad get's his hands on him...

Last edited:
Not to mention we beat out some other very good programs to get his commitment.

Hope we don't lose him to the draft as rant JC players eligible to be drafted following their 2nd season? With stats like his i would be surprised if a MLB team was not interested.

Juco players can be drafted at any time, no restrictions on them.

ADVERTISEMENT