ADVERTISEMENT

USC's stadium project

Here is a good example of what our north end should look like. Rip up that 1950s high school crap and bring in the 21st Century.
Ann-Photo-2-PS.jpg

Reactions: Robhawk29
Here is a good example of what our north end should look like. Rip up that 1950s high school crap and bring in the 21st Century.
Ann-Photo-2-PS.jpg
If they choose to do a project like that I think it would enhance the stadium, but I would recommend not to create a logo in the lower section and this needs to be done in the South end zone. I like the north end zone having a single deck where you can have a view of the city.

If they choose to do a project like that I think it would enhance the stadium, but I would recommend not to create a logo in the lower section and this needs to be done in the South end zone. I like the north end zone having a single deck where you can have a view of the city.
With an addition no higher than that, upper seats elsewhere will still afford a view of the city, to whatever extent that is important.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Ann-Photo-2-PS.jpg
The problem that is holding USC back from doing something like that for whatever reason the school is very reluctant to knock down the Floyd building. So much so that we had to build the scoreboard over top of the building... I dont know if the Floyds are still alive or not, but maybe they could come to some sort of new naming accommodation if they were do something similar to what Texas has done.

That would be the perfect way to add more seating capacity, suites, and maybe a recruiting center with a view of the stadium.

The problem that is holding USC back from doing something like that for whatever reason the school is very reluctant to knock down the Floyd building. So much so that we had to build the scoreboard over top of the building... I dont know if the Floyds are still alive or not, but maybe they could come to some sort of new naming accommodation if they were do something similar to what Texas has done.

That would be the perfect way to add more seating capacity, suites, and maybe a recruiting center with a view of the stadium.
Hail! Name the new structure, or something significant, for Floyd if that's what it takes to get out of the 1950s.

The thing is, that would cost the school funds to build something new. Apparently this proposal they announced is for private funds and not public.

The thing is, that would cost the school funds to build something new. Apparently this proposal they announced is for private funds and not public.
There was stadium enhancement discussed to go on concomitantly. That's why Tanner was talking about suites and improved seating. I agree, those would not be part of the private development.

Eddie Floyd is still on the board of trustees. I would not be surprised that his influence matters in keeping that part of the end-zone from being improved. In fact, I'd be shocked if he wasn't involved.

He performed very poorly in a state house committee last session when asked some pointed questions about his personal involvement in getting a law student admitted to school by pulling personal strings from the his Board position.

He was unable to answer in a coherent manner why he did such a thing.

He's been on the board for over 40 years and should be ashamed of himself for serving that long. The folks that keep rubberstamping his approval in the legislature- which is virtually everyone there- should be ashamed that they do that.

The legislature should have long ago passed rules that limit BOT members to 12 or 16 years. But they refuse to do it.

Thankfully, we've had some board members voluntarily decide not to keep running after they've served 3 or 4 terms because they think someone else should be allowed to serve and may have different ideas to bring to the board.

Eddie Floyd is not someone that has ever felt someone else in the Florence, South Carolina area deserved to be on the board. USC is worse off for it.

Reactions: king ward
This project must be top secret. I thought there would be some update during the spring game.

This is going to go down as the biggest let down in the fanbase since Gary Gray.

It's just amazing people honestly believed private developers were going to put more than $1 billion private funds into the area.

This is going to go down as the biggest let down in the fanbase since Gary Gray.

It's just amazing people honestly believed private developers were going to put more than $1 billion private funds into the area.
Tanner's doing great things for stadium development, it's just so secret we don't know what. 🕵️‍♂️

Reactions: uscwatson21
Is there a high school in South Carolina with an end zone like that? Please tell me who.
The ones that have no stands at all in the end zone are no worse. There isn't a high school in SC that would do one that poorly if they were ever going to do one. But there are numerous high schools whose stands in general are far above those of our North End Zone. Dorman, River Bluff, York, Catawba Ridge - I could go on and on. Even their restrooms are better - and I mean better than ANY of our general seating area restrooms.

The ones that have no stands at all in the end zone are no worse. There isn't a high school in SC that would do one that poorly if they were ever going to do one. But there are numerous high schools whose stands in general are far above those of our North End Zone. Dorman, River Bluff, York, Catawba Ridge - I could go on and on. Even their restrooms are better - and I mean better than ANY of our general seating area restrooms.
The general seating area restrooms I remember look like they would be better suited for a prison work camp. However, when you gotta go you can't be too picky about where.

The general seating area restrooms I remember look like they would be better suited for a prison work camp. However, when you gotta go you can't be too picky about where.
Agreed. But when you pay what our people pay now, the facilities should be beyond the latrine stage. Even in your own home, you fix what needs fixing the worst first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT