ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP wide receiver Jacob Cowing (SC offer)

That kid is the best player on a really average team. They only threw 27 passes in the bowl game, and he caught 2. He deserves better.

Jacob Cowing from UTEP was 7th nationally in 2021 with 1,354 yards receiving, 7 TDs and 69 catches. Texas hasn't offered yet, but schools are starting to line up, including offers from Oregon, LSU, Mississippi State, Arizona, Arizona State and Virginia Tech, but one of the first was South Carolina.
This is wild how we are picking up other players from other schools. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this new way of picking up players from other schools.

Pretty soon, the NCAA will change the rules and instead of transferring from the portal, you'll see trades made between schools...

Last edited:
This is wild how we are picking up other players from other schools. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this new way of picking up players from other schools.

Pretty soon, the NCAA will change the rules and instead of transferring from the portal, you'll see trades made between schools...
Instead of trades, become Alabama's triple AAA team and keep their 4th, 5th and 6th string guys. You would probably finish 2nd in the SEC and clinch a playoff spot. Tell Saban "just send us any guys not quite good enough for your 85 man limit, as you can always get them back from us in the portal if they excel here."

UTEP transfer wide receiver Jacob Cowing announced via his Instagram story that he will make his decision Monday between Oregon, Arizona, Florida, LSU, and South Carolina. The 2021 First Team All-Conference USA honoree will play in either the Pac-12 or the SEC in 2022.
Cowing entered the transfer portal on Dec. 21 after three seasons at UTEP — the only program to offer him out of high school. The latest of his three seasons was his best and one of the best put together by any wideout in the country, logging 69 receptions for 1,354 yards (good for seventh in the country) and seven touchdown catches.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...ep_transfer_wr_jacob_cowing/s1_16787_36878468

UTEP transfer wide receiver Jacob Cowing announced via his Instagram story that he will make his decision Monday between Oregon, Arizona, Florida, LSU, and South Carolina. The 2021 First Team All-Conference USA honoree will play in either the Pac-12 or the SEC in 2022.
Cowing entered the transfer portal on Dec. 21 after three seasons at UTEP — the only program to offer him out of high school. The latest of his three seasons was his best and one of the best put together by any wideout in the country, logging 69 receptions for 1,354 yards (good for seventh in the country) and seven touchdown catches.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_...ep_transfer_wr_jacob_cowing/s1_16787_36878468
If feel better us being that far down the list if it was in alphabetical order.

personal opinion:

Arizona on the list to be polite to neighbors. If I am wrong he is homesick.

Oregon is offering the big NIL bucks.

SC has Rattler and will thus be throwing. Grew frustrated at run first UTEP.

Florida is a puzzle, maybe the new Florida coach from Louisiana has some connection.

LSU is also strong NIL and it is a big stage.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
personal opinion:

Arizona on the list to be polite to neighbors. If I am wrong he is homesick.

Oregon is offering the big NIL bucks.

SC has Rattler and will thus be throwing. Grew frustrated at run first UTEP.

Florida is a puzzle, maybe the new Florida coach from Louisiana has some connection.

LSU is also strong NIL and it is a big stage.
So basically the highest bidder will win. I'd be willing to bet on that.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I mean, hell, UTEP went to a bowl game. I guess the GF, baby and the homesickness was the draw. I was homesick in college and I went to a college 30 minutes from my home.
UTEP also targeted this guy, who was such a standout, only a couple of times in the bowl game, as UTEP is primarily a rushing team. So he had good reason to be frustrated there.

Oklahoma had a WR hit the portal today!! Time to step on up boys and get him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT