ADVERTISEMENT

What else will it take ….

Neanderthal

Aug 15, 2001
… to get those who are “let’s wait and see fans” to get fully on board with this basketball team? Some have said this team will fold down the stretch, or doesn’t have wins over good teams, or will not do well in the conference, or whatever the reason. This team has been good all year, has had a few slip ups as has every team in the country, and is going to be in the thick of it throughout. Get on board if you ain’t already. 😁

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Paris is such a good guy. Such a shame so many fans revolted against him last year.

👍!
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

I am always full onboard, but stay reserved for the first couple of years. The basketball team is doing great, but I will hold judgement for good or bad for another year. We thought the team had turned the corner with the final four run and we all know how that story ended

I am always full onboard, but stay reserved for the first couple of years. The basketball team is doing great, but I will hold judgement for good or bad for another year. We thought the team had turned the corner with the final four run and we all know how that story ended
While I am all in on this team and this coach I can respect this opinion. There are a lot of coaches that peak early here and then cannot build upon it. Muschamp and Horn are a couple that come to mind. A really good year one or two and disaster afterwards.

Lamont Paris is certainly going to get a hefty raise and extension after this season. I am hopeful that he can lead us to consistency in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. Right now I’m just trying to enjoy the ride of today.

Reactions: bayrooster
Best to try to enjoy it while it's here. It's not like we have a storied history of sustained greatness in any of the major men's team sports.

What I like about this team is that there are no real stars. It's kind of a throwback squad with all of the players knowing their role and together operating at a high level. For example, Johnson is probably the most well known name and he's been cold as ice from the floor these last few wins. Yet, last night he lead the team in rebounds from the guard position. We also managed to only shoot 33% from the floor and still won the game on the road versus a stacked #5 UT team because of players like Johnson working the intangibles.

Paris is obviously the other key input to the success thus far. His style of play and cool demeanor (Jamie Foxx vibe) are clearly infectious throughout the team. And if the vote was today, he's probably the coach of the year. We were picked to finish dead last in the SEC. Instead, we're 18-3 and just knocked off the two best teams in the SEC.

Best to try to enjoy it while it's here. It's not like we have a storied history of sustained greatness in any of the major men's team sports.

What I like about this team is that there are no real stars. It's kind of a throwback squad with all of the players knowing their role and together operating at a high level. For example, Johnson is probably the most well known name and he's been cold as ice from the floor these last few wins. Yet, last night he lead the team in rebounds from the guard position. We also managed to only shoot 33% from the floor and still won the game on the road versus a stacked #5 UT team because of players like Johnson working the intangibles.

Paris is obviously the other key input to the success thus far. His style of play and cool demeanor (Jamie Foxx vibe) are clearly infectious throughout the team. And if the vote was today, he's probably the coach of the year. We were picked to finish dead last in the SEC. Instead, we're 18-3 and just knocked off the two best teams in the SEC.
Great points. The great thing we have is experience. We are an older group full of transfers. I also think these transfers are hungry either bc they were overlooked on their own former teams or overlooked in recruiting by bigger programs. They’re also pretty talented diamonds in the rough we have found along with a good coach.

Sustained success is historically difficult at USC. Can it be achieved? We will have to wait and see but like you I agree let’s just enjoy the moment and worry about the next few seasons when they get here. Especially in todays transfer portal age.

We have 5 players that will finish their college ball this year. 3 of them play a lot of ball, Mack, Clark, and Cooper. I wish them well. Players like Stute, Meechie, and Jacobi have another year left. I sure hope they don't transfer.

Paris already has 2 very good-looking commitments, Trent Noah and Okku Federiko, and is being considered by a couple others. Get into the Tourney and even more guys will consider us.
If you can fit, a freshman can be a starter for Lamont, i.e. CMB. We have 4 other freshman this season and they do get some playing time to grow.
We will see if Paris has another good portal result this coming year, but he is obviously building one heck of a team. Him being such a good coach, I feel we will see the success continue.

Dawn's first season - 10-18 Lamont's first season - 11-20
Dawn's second season - 14-15 Lamont's second season - 18-3 to start.
This man can coach, and he follows Dawn's lead. Can he be as good as her? Who knows? He is just getting started.

He has a $2.3 million / yr. contract (lowest in SEC) for 3 more years getting an extra $100,000 per year.
I feel if he gets in the tourney, they should change that salary to $3 million (avg. in SEC is 3.8) and $500,000 / every year he gets in with bonuses for higher levels like sweet 16 etc.

BTW, Dawn makes right at $3.2 million / yr. until 2028. If Lamont is getting more wins, he should get similar money. It was her 4th year before she got us to the women's tourney, but she has stayed there 12 years in a row now. Would love to see Lamont do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT