ADVERTISEMENT

What will we be discussing 35 days from now?

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
Stadium atmosphere was great. More USC fans than expected.
Mitch looked shaky, but settled down. Throws for +250. A little wildcat from Cooper, but no other QB's.
Line blocked well, and Wilds runs for +100. Williams will see moderate time at back, but looked good.
Will be Deebo's coming out game. Cooper +100 receiving.
D line and LB's hold UNC for -100 rushing.
D backs look much more confident.
UNC will get underneath stuff, and move the ball down the field, but struggle to get the ball in the end zone.

Us: 34 Them: 20

Fire the entire athletic dept, they are the cause of my profound personal anguish :)

Reactions: n2usc2
90+ degrees at kickoff combined with UNC's uptempo passing attack wears out Hoke's defense, but a few turnovers make the difference. The offensive line is shaky and mitch holds the ball too long, taking a few sacks. Wilds and Williams combine for 150+ rushing yards. Deebo catches a deep touchdown, showing potential for a breakout season. We win 31-28

Time for Spurrier to retire.
Still looks like Whammy's defense.
Recruiting has let us down.
Why can't Spurrier find a QB.
Time to find a real OL coach.
Time to find a strength & conditioning coach.
We will be lucky to win 3 games.

Will be discussing how there were no changes to the way the defense played, our offensive line can't block and make a hole for the backs, having trouble with the snap from center, again, and the QB play is like 2007 and shows that we don't have a QB to step up and take over, yet.

Mitch looked shaky, but settled down. Throws for +250. A little wildcat from Cooper, but no other QB's.
Line blocked well, and Wilds runs for +100. Williams will see moderate time at back, but looked good.
UNC will get underneath stuff, and move the ball down the field, but struggle to get the ball in the end zone.

When does baseball fall practice begin?

Reactions: RayGilda
When does baseball fall practice begin?

I will be looking for yours, basses, and sandford's comments on the 4th.....hopefully not, "I told you so"....

What part of Beaufort did you live at? I am currently living on the base at Laurel Bay.

Mine was meant as a joke. Although, we usually don't play that well in the first game and immediately begin questioning a lot of areas.

I'm hoping we're discussing our win!

Blackout or whiteout or (insert color)out
The effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the band
Who should/shouldn't toast during the Alma Mater
Uniform Combinations
Standing up or sitting down during the game
;)

Too lazy to do the math, but I assume this is after the UNC game, so I'll say:

"man, the D looks tons better"
"Skai is da man"
" We are going to kill Clem's son! "
"Spurrier called a great game- great calls for Mitch"
"Elliot Fry for President"
"UNC can kiss my ass!- ACC sucks!"

Time for Spurrier to retire.
Still looks like Whammy's defense.
Recruiting has let us down.
Why can't Spurrier find a QB.
Time to find a real OL coach.
Time to find a strength & conditioning coach.
We will be lucky to win 3 games.

I agree that's what we'll be talking about, but it's important to note these topics will follow our 10 point win over UNC. We won't totally dominate UNC and we won't totally dominate Kentucky, but we'll beat both of those teams without ever being in serious trouble. Only after an ugly win at UGA will we start to think maybe this team is decent.

Reactions: Minarcsik
Announcer says conditioning an issue when we had hands on hips and gasping for air in 2nd qtr

Missed tackles all nite

Why didn't mitch throw it away

Why did kick returner run into the first guy in his sight every kickoff

How when clemons team bus crashed over a bridge... Was it hazing? And also how on earth every single person on board escaped with a bone bruise... Who knows?

Depends on the record. If things go south, I can just about predict which posters will be all over the board. If things are going good, I can predict the same posters who won't be posting so much.

Reactions: Tigerof66

They were who we thought they were. 3 is enough. Why do they keep playing us?

I will be looking for yours, basses, and sandford's comments on the 4th.....hopefully not, "I told you so"....

What part of Beaufort did you live at? I am currently living on the base at Laurel Bay.

Grew up on Bay St. Graduated USC in 1982. Stayed in Columbia until August, 1989 when I moved to Atlanta (where have the past 26 years gone?).

After my parents died and we sold the home on Bay St., my wife and I purchased a small vacation home behind the national cemetery - gives us a place to hang our hats when visiting family, friends and Hunting Island.

Do you have an outdoor TV antenna? I have one at my home in Beaufort, and have problems picking up Charleston stations WCSC (CBS) and WCBD (NBC). WTAT (Fox) and WCIV (MyTv & ABC) come in just fine. Yeah, WTOC (CBS) and WSAV (NBC) from Savannah come in just fine, but I have no interest in watching them. Grew up watching Charleston TV, and don't want Nielson and the FCC telling me I "have to watch Savannah." Is my outdoor antenna poorly positioned (too many trees in the direction of the TV towers in Awendaw) or are WCSC's and WBCD's signals that weak?

I just enjoy baseball more; like sandford - my comment was in jest (still curious about fall baseball practice, nonetheless). In addition, tickets are substantially less expensive than football, and less crowd and traffic hassles as well. Of course, we all want the football team to do well. For that matter, we should want all varsity sports at USC to do well each season, whether or not we follow all the sports.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT