ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever that was!

Dec 12, 2022
South Carolina
Questions here-

1. If we have no O-Line, why NOT start younger guys? They can’t play any worse.

2. WR’s- ZL balled out! Where is Sampson, Short, Caldwell, Nyck, CJ ADAMS, Eddie Lewis???????

3. D-Line- ZERO PRESSURE! They were getting pushed back!

4. Backfield- Blanton played well and Kilgore did as well. But, what are we going to do against Furman?

5. With all these injuries. We obviously will have to sit players and play freshman or younger guys. To see Doty and some other kid that I’ve never seen catch a ball? What in the HELL are we doing?

6. Beamer sugar-coated us all OFF-SEASON!

The Furman game should be an opportunity to correct many things that aren't working well, but we'll probably have to go all out just to get the win. Juice should probably sit that one out too so he'll be ready to play versus SEC opponents.

The Furman game should be an opportunity to correct many things that aren't working well, but we'll probably have to go all out just to get the win. Juice should probably sit that one out too so he'll be ready to play versus SEC opponents.
It won’t matter — Furman is a very good team that will beat us. UNC has shown every team in the solar system how to beat us.

Meh, it's still Furman. We will win, but there won't be the usual surge in optimism with UGA around the corner.

Reactions: tngamecock#
As bad as we played along the lines, if we had scored to make it a 7 point game (had 2 chances late in the game) if could have made the last few minutes interesting to see if UNC could get 1st downs with pressure on them.

But it didn't work out.

Lots of work to do. The offensive line will get better. Not sure how much better but they will improve some.

The injuries we have could be an issue though.

As bad as we played along the lines, if we had scored to make it a 7 point game (had 2 chances late in the game) if could have made the last few minutes interesting to see if UNC could get 1st downs with pressure on them.

But it didn't work out.

Lots of work to do. The offensive line will get better. Not sure how much better but they will improve some.

The injuries we have could be an issue though.
That’s the most injuries that I’ve seen to starters in one game than I can remember, ever!

Furman is #6 in FCS….we could lose

I have to disagree. Maybe it's just because I can't believe it's true.

Losing to Furman is the type of loss the ends coaching staffs, or at least signals they are on their way out.

Not sure we are that bad.

It’s pains me to say. But games like last night are a sign that this is going to be a down season. Maybe even the beginning of the end of a coaching staff.

I thought that by year 3 that the pieces should be coming together. But it looks like they are falling apart.

Last edited:

Losing to Furman is the type of loss the ends coaching staffs, or at least signals they are on their way out.

Furman is going to line up and hit you in the mouth. I don’t know much about them, nothing really, other than they always come to play. Typically the OL / DL is where you see the biggest difference in these type of games and with the problems that showed up last night, I think it could be a much closer white knuckle affair than anyone wants to admit.

If Rattler can get a second or so more than last night though, that may be all that is needed. Despite all the issues, he looked really good and was crisp. If he has a similar performance it shouldn’t be too close.

Ranked FCS teams are as good as the bottom half of FBS, some are even pushing top 30-40 FBS status. Furman beat North Carolina last time they played I believe.

Mess around with good FCS teams with caution

Okay, just let this sink in. We are talking up Furman as an opponent.

Furman.

Without preseason games, scheduling UNC at a neutral field is just plain stupid. We should have someone like Ball St. come to our house so we can beat the hell out of them and iron out any kinks we may have. This would also get many reps for backups. But no, we have to schedule an ACC team that has a Heisman candidate returning at QB with a team ranked in the top 25.
We will beat Furman by double-digits, even if it is only 10 points and give UGA a scare.

At the end of the day this is a 7-5 team at best. The schedule for next year is absolutely brutal. Someone needs to recognize NIL is the way and start that way now...

Reactions: tngamecock#
Without preseason games, scheduling UNC at a neutral field is just plain stupid. We should have someone like Ball St. come to our house so we can beat the hell out of them and iron out any kinks we may have. This would also get many reps for backups. But no, we have to schedule an ACC team that has a Heisman candidate returning at QB with a team ranked in the top 25.
We will beat Furman by double-digits, even if it is only 10 points and give UGA a scare.

At the end of the day this is a 7-5 team at best. The schedule for next year is absolutely brutal. Someone needs to recognize NIL is the way and start that way now...

100% agree about the scheduling. As bad as that oline is, the coaches probably would have seen something alarming that they could fix before we faced better competition.

Reactions: lakeworld
To me, if Rattler and Legette can play as well as they did Saturday, the Gamecocks should win, not easily, but win.
Problem is that Legette has never played like that before. Not even close and he has been here 5 years. The reason for my concern is we seem to be low on weapons with the injuries. No RB and Legette, who has never started, is our #1 receiver. Our backup QB is probably our second best receiver right now.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT