ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins the Texas A&M coaching lotto?

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 28, 2021
They can afford to get just about anybody that want. Some coach is going to hit the jackpot with everything they need to win a national title.

Who do they hire?

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
They can afford to get just about anybody that want. Some coach is going to hit the jackpot with everything they need to win a national title.

Who do they hire?

A&M's issue has been one of timing. They used to recruit about like us prior to Fisher's arrival. Now they have been averaging Top 10 classes with their clout and NIL money.

At this point, they just need a decent staff motivated to capitalize on their talent. Fisher hasn't even been close to an average coach. He also had 120,000 million reasons to underperform at his ripe age.

Personally, I would target the younger and hungry Drinkwitz and his current staff at Missouri. He was very impressive at ASU and Missouri looks like a complete team in his 4h year there. Haven't checked his contract terms, but it really doesn't matter to A&M. They have an endless well of cash to make anything happen as evidenced by this incredible buyout.

aTm is clearly about to relieve another team or their Coach and I think it’s going to be Dabo Swinney. It makes the most since with his resume.

Clemson is losing steam. And Dabo is talking about moving on when people no longer appreciate him. (everyone can thank Tyler for that) It’s seems like he would want a breath of fresh air with a pay raise and better place to live than Pickens County.

aTm is committed to having a National Championship football team. He can pull top notch position coaches and aTm will give him the blank checks with more room for extra 0’s to pull in a killer staff.

Last edited:
aTm is clearly about to relieve another team or their Coach and I think it’s going to be Dabo Swinney. It makes the most since with his resume.

Clemson is losing steam. And Dabo is talking about moving on when people no longer appreciate him. (everyone can thank Tyler for that) It’s seems like he would want a breath of fresh air with a pay raise and better place to live than Pickens County.

aTm is committed to having a National Championship football team. He can pull top notch position coaches and aTm will give him the blank checks with more room for extra 0’s to pull in a killer staff.
No way Dabo leaves Clemson for aTm. He’s a God up there. 10 year contract making $11.5 million a year.

Reactions: 92Pony
Dabo would be an absolute fool to leave the easy road in the A-she-she (although, admittedly, finally, the conference is improving) for the pressure-cooker of A&M in the SEC. I wouldn't hate it if he did though.

Billy on TexAgs radio today:-Lanning not going to happen-Schumann likely not a candidate-Lane is not a candidate (Lane wants job)-Expects a coach will be hired by 2 weeks from today (if true, that eliminates DeBoer)So that leaves you with Elko, Traylor, Leipold, etc

Dabo would not be a good fit at aTm. His problem is not embracing the transfer portal or NIL.
I think he would be a great fit for Dabo, but a clear step down. Aggies wouldn't stop doing NIL, they just would keep Dabo out of it. I think he would not want the job. He is one of the few coach's who have had high million+ dollar deals for a long time. So money isn't a huge carrot like it is for a HC at a small school or Coordinator at a large one.

I think he would be a great fit for Dabo, but a clear step down. Aggies wouldn't stop doing NIL, they just would keep Dabo out of it. I think he would not want the job. He is one of the few coach's who have had high million+ dollar deals for a long time. So money isn't a huge carrot like it is for a HC at a small school or Coordinator at a large one.
With Dabo salvaging the season with the ND win, he’ll likely end up with a huge pay raise from Clemson to fend off any hostile takeover from aTm. Dabo’s in the catbird seat —as usual. Winning does that for a HC.

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
Usually, schools fill a vacancy with a skill set to fix whatever problem they have. My guess is Elko who once was their DC. Screw that. I'd go after Kiffin. In the right job, he will win the nc.
Rumor has it that they reached out to Dabo and Dabo turned them down. Not surprised. Even though Clemson has slipped a bit from their previous success, Dabo knows they will be naming buildings and streets after him in Clemson. He makes 11 mil a year and lives in a palace on the lake. Not too bad a deal.

Now I think Kiffen would be a grand slam hire there. What he has done at Ole Miss in regards to the portal, and with what NIL resources he has, have been impressive. And the guy can call plays. But TAMU is a weird place. Not everyone fits there. And it might not be a good fit for Kiffen as I think he is hoping to get Alabama when Nick retires. But if Kiffen did land in College Station, with what is basically an unlimited NIL budget, he would put their program where they want it.

He had several jobs he could have won a natty but didn't.

Other than southern cal, which was under very large sanctions, did he really?

Tennessee maybe, but he left for the aforementioned southern cal job very quickly.

He's obviously no guarantee, but his offensive mind, with a&m talent pool and money? I wouldn't want to face that annually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT