Why was the 107.5 thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FORKCOCK

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2006
Mt. Pleasant
Did someone from the station get upset?

If that's the case, I have less respect for them today than I did yesterday.

Looks like 107.5 was using the FGF board for a side show which is probably not allowed. They came on answering questions on this format instead of their own. That's just a guess, but it was what I think happened.

Heath is fine. Jay is tough to listen to most of the time. Repeats himself constantly- and asks the longest questions when doing an interview of anyone in South Carolina. I honestly believe Jay thinks his audience is made up of complete idiots. I am sure some are- but most aren't.

I'll turn it off if they are talking movies or David Letterman or anything of the sort. Crap, everyone was talking Letterman yesterday. Didn't need to hear the local people adding anything.

Reactions: RayGilda
Heath Cline( a legend in his own mind, lol), was having discussions. He got knocked around a bit and left. That's all I know.

tumblr_moclglX0Ez1rzzl6oo1_250.gif

No idea why thread was closed, but folks are welcome to say anything they want about me here or anywhere else. Only time I'll comment is if someone says something that is factually untrue. Liking or disliking the show or any aspects of me as a person are opinions, which folks are certainly entitled to have.

Reactions: carolinacockfan
No idea why thread was closed, but folks are welcome to say anything they want about me here or anywhere else. Only time I'll comment is if someone says something that is factually untrue. Liking or disliking the show or any aspects of me as a person are opinions, which folks are certainly entitled to have.
I, for one, listen to you regularly, but I don't think telling people here that only lies will get your attention is a good practice. If I'd like to hear your opinion on something, I'd prefer to make the title "Heath what do you think about ..." as opposed to "Heath Cline kicked my puppy," or "Heath once drank 64 beers on a cross-country flight."

I enjoy your show and demeanor Heath. You easily could have a national show. The rest of 107.5 is cringe-worthy.

I enjoy your show and demeanor Heath. You easily could have a national show. The rest of 107.5 is cringe-worthy.
Agree...I have always said you are the only real professional there.

I don't think they want you doing your show...on their site....seems reasonable....

I wish 107.5 would dump the morning show and put Carey Rich on .

Carey can't do a show by himself. He's ok as a cohost, but has to have someone in studio with him. That's why Carey never did a solo show on 560 and why they had Matt Barber host 2 shows when Eric G. Left

107.5 is run by Brent Johnson, who has a passion for music. He's done well in radio, but just isn't a sports guy. He's a music DJ who likes sports, not a rabid sports talk show host who loves sports first.

Heath and Tommy are the only ones on that station Fulltime whose first love is sports. Jay loves politics and the rest are music guys.

Doesn't mean they are bad guys, but it doesn't make for the best radio. Brent and Tim BS their way around the lunchtime show way too much. HavING an opposing opinion is fine as long as it is intelligent and researched. Brent far too often talks out of his butt

Heath once slaughtered a hamster on the air for ratings. It was still better radio than anything else that station has to offer.

I agree on Brent, he's a DJ first, but he's worked hard on his sports knowledge.
I thought I read in The State where Heath actually does the show from Raleigh because he and his wife moved there for her job.

107.5 is run by Brent Johnson, who has a passion for music. He's done well in radio, but just isn't a sports guy. He's a music DJ who likes sports, not a rabid sports talk show host who loves sports first.

Heath and Tommy are the only ones on that station Fulltime whose first love is sports. Jay loves politics and the rest are music guys.

Doesn't mean they are bad guys, but it doesn't make for the best radio. Brent and Tim BS their way around the lunchtime show way too much. HavING an opposing opinion is fine as long as it is intelligent and researched. Brent far too often talks out of his butt
Michael Haney is also very knowledgeable about sports. He's a little younger than the other guys so he has a different perspective sometimes but I enjoy listening to his takes. And sure he's a music guy, too, which I appreciate because I'm a music person myself, but give credit where credit is due.

I couldn't get through the litany of ads/spots on the morning show -- it was unbearable and I no longer attempt to listen.

Listening to Heath, brings me back to my kindergarten days. He thinks he's the teacher and we are little niave children.

Reactions: RayGilda
Did someone from the station get upset?

If that's the case, I have less respect for them today than I did yesterday.

No, nobody from the station got upset to my knowledge and nobody reached out from 107.5 to let us know that anyone was upset.

We made the decision to lock it because it was getting out of hand with all sorts of stuff that isn't allowed on this board including personal attacks and a lot of other garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT