ADVERTISEMENT

Will we beat Tenn this year?

Dec 29, 2014
I'm not so sure. I think we will be improved but they had a young team last year and it's at home. Plus it just seems like Butch has spurrier's number. I don't know just not feeling good about it. If we had beaten them last year I'd be feeling a lot better

We can score @ will on them and if the D improves we will win. Spurrier owes Tennessee a loss, especially after what the 2013 loss in Knoxville cost us.

We can score @ will on them and if the D improves we will win. Spurrier owes Tennessee a loss, especially after what the 2013 loss in Knoxville cost us.

How do you figure? We did last year, but where's the QB going this year?

I think the Gamecocks should be careful with this game. They beat you last year, they are MUCH improved and are certainly capable of a 4th quarter comeback again on your arses. I wouldn't get too cocky on this game.

We were better than them the last two years and they found a way to win (or we found a way to lose). They should be better than us this year, and its a home game for them. They're the favorite imo.

I'm not so sure. I think we will be improved but they had a young team last year and it's at home. Plus it just seems like Butch has spurrier's number. I don't know just not feeling good about it. If we had beaten them last year I'd be feeling a lot better

After the past two years, I don't see us beating them.

I expect us to be competitive in every game. I'm not fond of saying we're 'due' for a win over this team or that team. I prefer to say that we 'owe' certain teams a beating. As far as the Vols are concerned, we owe them for ending Lattimore's career, ruining our 2013 season and whipping us in WB last year. They have hurt us the last 3 seasons and we've shown them way too much respect. Football is war and I'm looking for the Gamecocks to make the enemy Vols pay this fall.

All the big road games will be tough. Playing at Texas A&M, Mizzou, UGA, and Tenn; winning 1 of those would be good. All those teams will be favored.

We couldn't beat them when we were good and they sucked. Now that we're getting worse and they're getting better, I sure ain't predicting a "W". (It's Friday night and I've had a few beers...I'm feeling disgruntled) :)

Just how do you propose South Carolina will score at will on UT with a new QB and rebuilt OL?

1 - I think offensive line has been one of best areas in recruiting and the OL performed well last season even with significant injuries.

2). We have Pharoh Cooper coming back and will have a legitimate #2 WR in Debo Samuel to compliment him. This was missing last season and Pharoh still had an outstanding season in spite of little to no help from Shaq Roloand.

3). Some people in the message board business have already said Connor Mitch is better than Dylan Thompson already early in Spring ball. Also, Connor can run and that will improve our zone read running game.

3). David Williams and Brandon Wilds will be and shape and Wilds ran for 143 yards on Tennessee last year. With the threat of a running QB, our rushing game will gain more yards on the 2015 Vols than we did on the 2014

I think Tennessee is a legit SEC contender. I can easily see them in the SECCG with their QB...

1 - I think offensive line has been one of best areas in recruiting and the OL performed well last season even with significant injuries.

2). We have Pharoh Cooper coming back and will have a legitimate #2 WR in Debo Samuel to compliment him. This was missing last season and Pharoh still had an outstanding season in spite of little to no help from Shaq Roloand.

3). Some people in the message board business have already said Connor Mitch is better than Dylan Thompson already early in Spring ball. Also, Connor can run and that will improve our zone read running game.

3). David Williams and Brandon Wilds will be and shape and Wilds ran for 143 yards on Tennessee last year. With the threat of a running QB, our rushing game will gain more yards on the 2015 Vols than we did on the 2014
4.) I just wish this stuff is gonna happen and nothing I said made much sense and I'm just a blind shamecock pumper.

Reactions: uscdoc
This is a game that we really need to win. We should have beat them the last 2 seasons. We underestimated them in both games and we can't afford to do that again. From a talent standpoint the 2 teams are really close. UT has done some serious recruiting the last couple of years. To keep a hold of our grasp on the upper echelon of the East I think we really need this game.

They have recruited well, but haven't they had a fair amount of transfers..? I got no idea about what next year holds for us. I do think the D will be much improved, and if the O line stays healthy, they will be underrated. Also Cooper is an All American type talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT