ADVERTISEMENT

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO...

Great series win for Gamecocks over the #2 team in the country on the road. This gives us a shot to make the NCAA's if we take two out of three from LSU next weekend and a good showing in the SEC Tournament. Gonna make the end of the season fun to watch.

Getting Mooney back helped a lot. Finally hit the ball all three games, and pitching was just good enough to survive. Play like this at home and we have a chance....

Pitching was shaky at best, and that's putting it mildly...and you can't place all the blame on the kids on the hill. At the same time aTm is a very good hitting team so overall the boys did good enough.
What impressed me the most was our hitting. Getting Mooney back, who was not only on fire at the plate but played lights out like he was last season at SS, and having guys in the bottom of the order like Bright and Scolamiero coming through on hits with RISP was fun to watch. But then again there is a lot of insinuating circumstances that could have created all of this. Did aTm coaches and pitchers take us too lightly playing at home? Are they overrated (which I believe they are)? Did our coaches work overtime to scout aTm? Did the players all decide they were going to swing the bats more with a do-or-die attitude? Or did they create another lucky charm we haven't heard about like a sock monkey, spirit stick or buy another fish???

I guess we'll find out next weekend. Whatever changed this weelend, I hope they stick with it and it works against LSU. I hate Tigers...ALL Tigers!

Well except for one...and he happens to be a pitcher on the LSU staff my son played with on a tourney team. But I'll have to find a way to pull for him and hope he does well but hope we can still win!

what helped was the guys batting like crap all year finally hit the ball, but then the pitching went wayyyyyyyy south....this had to be the worst pitchin all year ive seen in any series....we cant win for losing....now if we can combine the two, then we would be on to something....but im afraid its a little too late...hopefully not, but we will see

what helped was the guys batting like crap all year finally hit the ball, but then the pitching went wayyyyyyyy south....this had to be the worst pitchin all year ive seen in any series....we cant win for losing....now if we can combine the two, then we would be on to something....but im afraid its a little too late...hopefully not, but we will see

Yeah, we've lost in every possible way you can lose a ball game this season.

I don't really know what's caused all the problems this year. This weekend shows that we have the talent, but for some reason it just hasn't clicked.

Hopefully it'll all come together. Now is the time...the time is now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT