ADVERTISEMENT

1-19 In The Last 5 Years Against These Teams

CavDad62

Sep 9, 2010
Once upon a time, we were actually competitive against these teams. Now, over the last 5 years, we are dealing with:

0-5 vs Kentucky
0-5 vs Texas A&M
1-4 vs Georgia
0-5 vs Clemson (yep, going ahead and saying that the Tigers will beat us this year...we won't score 10 points on them).

So how do we turn the trend around? Ga and Clemson keep pulling 5 Stars left and right, play at Georgia and A&M next year, etc.

Have to get better players.

In the words of Ric Flair, to be the man you have to beat the man.

Unfortunately, looks like we will be residing in the lower levels of the East Division for some time, along with Vandy and Missouri.

Some of these mountains look a little steep for the climb now.

It looks pretty bleak right now. I’m hoping we turn the corner next year. Muschamp looked beaten at press conference. I almost felt sorry for him.

Once upon a time, we were actually competitive against these teams. Now, over the last 5 years, we are dealing with:

0-5 vs Kentucky
0-5 vs Texas A&M
1-4 vs Georgia
0-5 vs Clemson (yep, going ahead and saying that the Tigers will beat us this year...we won't score 10 points on them).

So how do we turn the trend around? Ga and Clemson keep pulling 5 Stars left and right, play at Georgia and A&M next year, etc.

Unfortunately, looks like we will be residing in the lower levels of the East Division for some time, along with Vandy and Missouri.

Unfortunately, that 1 win is in Spurrier era, so Champ is 0-fer.

Mizzou won the SEC East 2 years in a row. We've won it once. So we're above only Vandy (and KY) in that dept.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

0-5 vs Kentucky
0-5 vs Texas A&M
1-4 vs Georgia

Looks like we need to schedule Georgia more!

Why cherry pick those five teams? What is SC's record against Vanderbilt? Florida? Arkansas? Missouri? Tennessee? Answer me that and then I will take you seriously.

Why cherry pick those five teams? What is SC's record against Vanderbilt? Florida? Arkansas? Missouri? Tennessee? Answer me that and then I will take you seriously.

First, I'm not sure why being 1-19 vs those teams doesn't concern you. Nothing in your response indicates that, only "well how did we do against everyone else."

To answer your question...(1) Clemson is our rival...how so we compare vs them. I shouldn't have to answer that...its rather bleak now. You should want to compete vs your rival...right now, we are not in the same ballpark. (2) Georgia...see #1 above...that are our East rival, thus climbing the East ladder is dependent on beating them. We have had 1 5-Star player in our program's history...Georgia had 7 on their roster this year when they came to Columbia. The gap is widening. (3) Kentucky has always been an average football team at best. Once, we were able to beat them like we do Vandy. A coach has gone there, built a program of modicum, respect, and now they have passed us in the East. (4) Texas A&M came into the league recently, and we haven't beaten them yet since they came into the league.

In an effort for you to take me seriously ,

Last 5 years vs these schools...

2-2 vs Fla, and will be an underdog this year against a team that is ranked under their 1st-year coach and on the rise.

2-2 vs Tennessee, we should be favored this year. Unknown what this record in this series right now says about us. From the looks of our team this year, this game will be crucial if we want to get to 6 wins and a bowl (considering if we play a Dec 1 game or not).

3-2 over Missouri. Great comeback last week...I was there at the final kick. An average team recently...good that we have been able to split with an average team.

...and our saving grace, 5-0 va Vandy. Not much to say other than Thank God Vandy is in our division.

12-6 against those schools in the last 5 years, with 5 of those wins vs Vandy.

0-5 vs Kentucky
0-5 vs Texas A&M
1-4 vs Georgia

BAG MAN NEEDED

It looks pretty bleak right now. I’m hoping we turn the corner next year. Muschamp looked beaten at press conference. I almost felt sorry for him.

Never feel sorry for any coach making 3.5 million whether they are winning or losing. They make more money in one year than the average person has saved in 401k

USCALUMNI

Well, Dabo gets shit done. Our guy shows off by spewing a bunch of football lingo. Our Hillbilly AD doesn’t do jack.

I hate it but that’s true. Muschamp certainly SOUNDS like he knows what he is talking about. Then, it never translates to the players. Have to hand it to klempson. They are serious about being good and they are willing to do what is needed. Usc? Never has and it has not changed. We deserve better than what we have gotten.

We deserve better than what we have gotten. That one sentence encapsulates so much. But, the really sad part is the part of the fan base that is just happy to have a team, that argues about just going to a bowl because that used to be such a challenge, that finishing in the middle of the East is way better than it used to be on average (don’t worry, we’re fighting for the bottom now), that facilitates are good enough because they too are much better than they used to be. That doesn’t realize that this is an outstanding job, because of the limitless potential, and the best fan support (the AD needs to sell that). Oh, and overall, just BEAT Clemmons! I have issues with some of the things SOS did, but he was dead on on not giving a $&!? about them, and building a team that could beat anyone and by association beat them easily 5 years in a row. But I digress. The fine folks in the first few sentences will win. I wish football won as much, but they don’t. By and large we’ll just strive to be just good enough, to just make a bowl, to just have good enough facilities, while spending a ton of gift money (and our money) just to basically be content with being average. Because that’s still better than it used to be. Some people are just afraid of success and Gamecock fans I think have been let down enough that good enough is good enough. The administration? They tout GC Club membership is the highest ever (probably declining now) money is coming in from the SEC like crazy, and we have all these new (if not average) facilities! It’s a ruse though. They know good enough is good enough, and 2-3 years from now we’ll still be talking about when is Muschamp gonna turn the corner? And 25 years from now, we’ll still be talking about how our good enough is still better than we were when we joined the SEC 50 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT