ADVERTISEMENT

#1 QB recruit in the country picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't Mark Richt's Georgia any longer. Anyone who can't see the difference in last year and this year UGA is only kidding themself. I can tell you this, no one on any UGA forum is wanting to fire Kirby. Every team with a 2nd year coach can't say that.
Grumpyolddawg likes to come over to spew the laurels of his beloved leghumpers! Screw UGA and the horse they rode in on! This is a Carolina forum.

This isn't Mark Richt's Georgia any longer. Anyone who can't see the difference in last year and this year UGA is only kidding themself. I can tell you this, no one on any UGA forum is wanting to fire Kirby. Every team with a 2nd year coach can't say that.
UGA may have a 2nd year coach, but they have been getting top ten recruits for a good number of years. Talent matters. Great coaching can develop players to overcome a inferior talent, to some extent.

Reactions: Judson1
I quit listening to those recruiting websites long ago after I figured out they knew as much about HS FB prospects as my kid's cat. Every year Notre Dame was in the top 10 & sucked. Plus many of those guys worked too closely with MSESPN.

Impressive to me. Got a frosh starter who has the job til he plays himself out of it. Plus one of the top recruits at qb from last year who was a starter til injury. Then to get this kid. We have a hard time getting every so often.

Reactions: Saxondawg
alberto1987dogballs.gif

dog-humping-throw-up.gif

Last edited:
So a dual threat commits to UGA. They run a pro style offense.
Our rivals stockpile talent. Our recruiting talent confirms his predecessor has moved out of his dorm before he commits.
Until this stuff happens at USC, expect more of the same. Losing 3 of every 4/5 to these two programs. And that’s if our administration is doing the right things. I’ve just had to learn to accept it. Still want to ask “why not us?”. But know until this is us we shouldn’t be expecting something that really is far fetched at this point.
Pray for elite talent to sprout up in this state and for Clemsin to look elsewhere!

This guy knows his CFB.
@Heyward1

Someone isn’t paying attention on Saturdays this year

He's talking about way it has basically gone each year. Wins over miss state and tenn dies not really change that. The east is down and has been for a while. Kirby inherited lots of talent so don't act like he's done done super coaching act. Time will tell. Not just 5 games of year 2

Grumpyolddawg likes to come over to spew the laurels of his beloved leghumpers! Screw UGA and the horse they rode in on! This is a Carolina forum.

Why so bitter, you still blaming UGA you have Muschamp instead of Kirby for your coach? That's on your AD, not UGA. Everyone knows he was your first choice, and he likely would have taken it if your AD hadn't drug his feet.

He's talking about way it has basically gone each year. Wins over miss state and tenn dies not really change that. The east is down and has been for a while. Kirby inherited lots of talent so don't act like he's done done super coaching act. Time will tell. Not just 5 games of year 2

No one is arguing the East isn't down, UGA fans are happy with what we are seeing on the field, it's not the wins over UT and MSST, its how we are winning those games. I now USC fans want Kirby to fail, him being successful isn't good for USC, but nothing so far this season shows this is the same type team Mark RIcht put on the field, its faster, more physical and focused than any team Richt ever put on the field/ The roster is being upgraded at every position, OL isn't being ignored like it was for 15 years

I like where we are headed, if you think its to a constant 8-10 win season that's ok and I can respect that opinion, I have a different one and think we are building to a 11+ win every season. Doesn't mean we get there this year, we are still a young team offensively other than Chubb and Michel and Swift might be our best back right now.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Why so bitter, you still blaming UGA you have Muschamp instead of Kirby for your coach? That's on your AD, not UGA. Everyone knows he was your first choice, and he likely would have taken it if your AD hadn't drug his feet.

Ha, you are a clown.

Reactions: Pole
Impressive to me. Got a frosh starter who has the job til he plays himself out of it. Plus one of the top recruits at qb from last year who was a starter til injury. Then to get this kid. We have a hard time getting every so often.

Meh. What has made UGA decent (certainly not great) has been your line depth on both sides of the ball-same thing that has killed us many years. Everyone has some decent skill players. Haven't seen a QB in the SEC to compare with Watson in the past ten years. We could argue that you don't have a player right now that can match Deebo's skill set. Kid has been hurt his entire career.

Meh. What has made UGA decent (certainly not great) has been your line depth on both sides of the ball-same thing that has killed us many years. Everyone has some decent skill players. Haven't seen a QB in the SEC to compare with Watson in the past ten years. We could argue that you don't have a player right now that can match Deebo's skill set. Kid has been hurt his entire career.
Yeah. And a lot of the "experts" on here missed on Watson abilities. Posters put up such crap about his "injuries" etc. that he would never amount to anything. The last time I looked, despite his shortcomings consistently pointed out by posters on here, he's a candidate for "rookie of the year" in the nfl. Bad as I hate to say it, I believe this doggie team is for real. Their d and los are very good and very deep.

UGA was won 2 games impressively, but looking a little deeper there are some questions. Beating MSU 31 -3 looked impressive after MSU rolled on LSU, but then we find out LSU is not what we thought it was, and since that game MSU has been outscored 10 80 in last 2 games.

UT had barely beaten UMass at home the week before the UGA game, not really sure how to get a good read on UT so early in the season

UGA may be reading a little to much into their last 2 results. Not saying they are not a good team, but based on the current history of their last 2 opponents I'm not ready to crown them east winners just yet

Reactions: Lakecock1
It is hard to see what we want to do on offense and define what we do well. Also, our quarterback development seems to not be progressing for whatever reason. Bentley is inconsistent and Fromm @ Georgia is having a better season making the coaching @ Georgia for his position and side of the ball look better.

Hopefully Bentley and the offense can improve in the remaining games and improve our offensive image.

I've only watched a little bit of the Vandy/UGA game, and I know they were in a prevent D at the end of the first half, but why not bring the house with that Junkyard Dawg D? Best D since the '85 Bears. In effect the game is over at 21-0 at the half. Either way, from what I've seen, Clemsin and Bama, at least beat the Dawgs by 14 or so

Dont forget they got the number 1 rb committed also

Go take your dribbling over to the DawgVent! You folks haven't been relevant in the SEC in years!

Is it 1980? You are a joke in college football. UGA- where talent goes to die.
Dude you are as salty as they come. We won't even start to compare our fb programs but then again I don't think I have to. Let's let Winsipedia do it for us: http://www.winsipedia.com/south-carolina/vs/georgia

See you in Athens? My tailgate is open to you. Two RV's and 250' feet of rain proof covered seating with a 60" flat screen. We pipe the audio/music through 4 tripod 15" Yamaha speakers. The menu that day will be grilled Maine lobster, bbq pork butt, burgers, dogs, chicken and all the fixin's. Beverages of every kind. Baxter @ Finley you can't miss us.

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Dude you are as salty as they come. We won't even start to compare our fb programs but then again I don't think I have to. Let's let Winsipedia do it for us: http://www.winsipedia.com/south-carolina/vs/georgia

See you in Athens? My tailgate is open to you. Two RV's and 250' feet of rain proof covered seating with a 60" flat screen. We pipe the audio/music through 4 tripod 15" Yamaha speakers. The menu that day will be grilled Maine lobster, bbq pork butt, burgers, dogs, chicken and all the fixin's. Beverages of every kind. Baxter @ Finley you can't miss us.

Trying to impress with your tailgate??

Bwahahahhahahahzaha

Just curious, and please try to be completely objective - if you had a choice of HC between Muschamp and Smart, who would you choose?

Dude, get a grip. Smart isn't some genius that has resurrected UGA. He's just on a long list of coaches that will do well there, but the fans will stay disappointed in because he can't get you over "the hump." Whatever that hump is. Richt left a great load of talent.......Smart has continued to recruit well also.......big wow.......a UGA coach recruited well. That's a first.

Muschamp was left not much. He's working his tail off and we are improving. If he had UGA's talent, he'd be 6-0 right now. So for me, at this point, Muschamp is doing more with less. That's what you pay a coach to do. If UGA wins out, beats bama, then I'll say hats off to Smart. If not, it's just another year of "almost" for UGA and the fans will start griping again. JMO

Regardless of what happens, Muschamp has gotten the respect of Gamecock nation. We like him. Kirby is doing what he should be doing with all that talent. Muschamp is doing a heck of a job himself with what he has to work with. We are way below the scholarship level ourselves. BTW, I personally never wanted Smart but he may end up doing well. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT