ADVERTISEMENT

10 Formerly Great Teams Who Are All But Irrelevant Now

I'm not sure its fair to include Florida on that list. Yes, Florida was bad this year, but they are one year removed from a #12 final ranking and two years removed from a #6 final ranking. As a program, it's hardly "irrelevant." Would anyone be surprised if Florida is a top 10 team again within the next few years? Does anyone get the impression Nebraska, VT, or Miami is going to field a legit top 10 team anytime soon?

Reactions: DrMickey
I'm not sure its fair to include Florida on that list. Yes, Florida was bad this year, but they are one year removed from a #12 final ranking and two years removed from a #6 final ranking. As a program, it's hardly "irrelevant." Would anyone be surprised if Florida is a top 10 team again within the next few years? Does anyone get the impression Nebraska, VT, or Miami is going to field a legit top 10 team anytime soon?
The only school I don't see becoming a top 10 soon is Nebraska. VT and Miami are just 1 right hire away from getting back to the party.

and not Nebraska? Every game they lost was by single digits. I hope they give Frost the time Michigan gave Harbaugh. I think they will be pleased.

Reactions: uscg1984
and not Nebraska? Every game they lost was by single digits. I hope they give Frost the time Michigan gave Harbaugh. I think they will be pleased.
parks-and-rec-parks-and-recreation.gif

These lists keep getting posted and in my opinion they are all horrible. This is the same guy that renamed us the South Carolina Samians or something like that.

I would say your top three powerhouses that have been really down for awhile are
Nebraska
Miami
Florida St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT