ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 is plain dreadful nowadays . . .

I agree. I live in Virginia and I like to listen to Gamecock talk while I drive. Lately I just listen to something else.

Certainly, once practice starts, it will get better, right? And hey, it could always be worse; they could bring back the old morning show crew. :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: rockingamecock
Morning show will get better now that football is back. The past 6 months have been terrible to listen to. I like Jay in the afternoon. Wasn't a big Heath fan over the last few years but, he has grown on me.

107.5 needs a lead host who has the knowledge of a Heath Cline and the heart of a 100% Gamecock PLUS a good #2 guy (or gal) to help out and who doesn't put listeners to sleep!

Reactions: 92Pony
I thought Bill did a good job frmHeath Cline last week when Heath was out. He was much better in that spot than he is in the am. More sports talk and less about doughnuts.

Yeah..I can not take the teasing drivel. When you spend a hour or so listening....lots of repeating what ground has already been covered. Lots of stretching to fill time and when you think back about what was actually communicated or discussed....you realized you just spent two hours listening to two people agreeing with one another about what is widely known.

Last edited:
I switched it over to Teddy, at least he was playing the Sunday Muschamp presser, which was something!

and Gamecock or not, Carey Rich has got to go . . . some folks aren't cut out to be on the radio airwaves . . . OMG.
Disagree. Carey Rich has great connections within our athletics programs, is knowledgeable, and complements Heath Cline (the very best of 107.5) well.

Reactions: cockburg and kick#
My God I wish you people would stop complaiing! Maybe if you were older you would appreciate it more. It used to be where you couldn`t get anything on the radio except maybe Kornbluts show if you were lucky enough to be able to pick it up. In all, I think they do a great job. Stop listening if you don`t like it. There was a day when there was no 107.5. Believe me, some of us appreciate being able to keep up with everything Gamecocks, a lot having to do with them.

Agreed....I'm not sure C. Rich takes a breath and repeats his self way too much!!!
I really do have to turn the dial when he is one with Heath. I just can't take it... I am not a Gamecock fan but I live around here and listen in the car all the time, but whoever that guy is his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Sounds kinda older. Soft voice. Almost puts you to sleep. He sounds like the dentist telling you about the procedure you're about to go through when you've just inhaled a ton of nitrous and you're about to pass out. I guess it's Tommy Moody? I like Jay but that pair is just kinda weird...

the weirdness only surpassed by what these dudes look like when you go to the website. No wonder these guys are on the radio and not television.

SINGING TELEGRAMS FROM ME, CAPTAIN TELEGRAM HERE ON 107.5 THE GAME

Just read the damn traffic news
Gave me a ride at the Boykin Christmas Parade last year. Saved me from getting soaked. He's okay in my book...

funny when you're listening on the radio (I never really pay attention to what he's saying) you imagine Captain Telegram is a this cool dude up in a helicopter somewhere wearing cool Ray Ban aviator shades checking out traffic. I really think he's in his basement listening to the police scanner and then calling into the station to give the reports. Was kinda disappointing when I came to the realization of what was as opposed to what I envisioned.

My God I wish you people would stop complaiing! Maybe if you were older you would appreciate it more. It used to be where you couldn`t get anything on the radio except maybe Kornbluts show if you were lucky enough to be able to pick it up. In all, I think they do a great job. Stop listening if you don`t like it. There was a day when there was no 107.5. Believe me, some of us appreciate being able to keep up with everything Gamecocks, a lot having to do with them.

I look at it like this...the market is there. A really well done Gamecock station would dominate the market share in Columbia. It is a sad thing that they do not do a better job and therefor maximize the potential of the thing.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I look at it like this...the market is there. A really well done Gamecock station would dominate the market share in Columbia. It is a sad thing that they do not do a better job and therefor maximize the potential of the thing.

Just like Carolina.

Heath Cline is really the only can't-miss show in my opinion. He does research and plans his segments very well, and I never feel like I'm wasting my time by listening to him.

The morning and lunch-time guys just don't have the same level of production quality that Heath does. Often they'll ramble about a topic for too long, or in the case of the lunch guys, talk about USC history from 50 years ago and what players wore a number that corresponds to how many days are left till kickoff. That's terrible content.

and Gamecock or not, Carey Rich has got to go . . . some folks aren't cut out to be on the radio airwaves . . . OMG.
This station has hacks that love to talk to hear themselves. I doub't if they really know very much about the game. Never seem to research a subject before the go on and on about it. Really bad station. I try to listen sometime but boy it's hard. Never know what non football or non Carolina topic will be the feature discussion. I'll usually listen for a while and switch to something else.

Funny... I've heard about three compliments for Heath, and he is the only one I can't take too much of.

He is knowledgeable, just not as knowledgeable as he thinks he is. The guy is very opinionated, and condescending to a lot of the callers.

For the most part, sports talk is opinions, so there is no 'right or wrong'. He seems to think his 'opinion' is always the right one. Takes himself WAY to seriously.

And the 'Top 5 at 5' might be the worst... boring, meaningless stuff that usually has nothing to do with local sports. I always turn the dial at that point.

At least Bill and the guys have fun in the morning, and don't talk down to callers!

Reactions: 92Pony and Shadow86
Funny... I've heard about three compliments for Heath, and he is the only one I can't take too much of.

He is knowledgeable, just not as knowledgeable as he thinks he is. The guy is very opinionated, and condescending to a lot of the callers.

For the most part, sports talk is opinions, so there is no 'right or wrong'. He seems to think his 'opinion' is always the right one. Takes himself WAY to seriously.

And the 'Top 5 at 5' might be the worst... boring, meaningless stuff that usually has nothing to do with local sports. I always turn the dial at that point.

At least Bill and the guys have fun in the morning, and don't talk down to callers!
Besides the doughnut talk and the girl fighting Tim tries to start with Bill. I like the morning show.

Side note: Bless him...but does anybody else want to turn off the radio when Gamecock Larry calls in? I can't understand a word he says. Like a dog with peanut butter in his mouth.

107.5 is as fun as Sunday school at the First Baptist church. Flat, boring and one sided
Way to "generalize." I attend a Sunday School class at a Baptist Church and it's definitely not flat or boring. It may be one-sided, but it's a side all of the members agree with since it's following God's Word. And I'd much rather be in Sunday School than listen to 107.5 any day of the week.

Reactions: 92Pony and cocky4
There's a reason 107.5 is almost never a top 10 radio station in Columbia. Think about how big Gamecock sports is in the midlands. And there is no direct competition anymore so there's no excuse. Poorly run station with inferior hosts. It's a shame.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I hate that I can't pick it up. If you live outside of the midlands there is no presence, particularly in the upstate. I live in Laurens county and always lose service at the rest area on I26 when I am coming back from Columbia. The funny thing is I can literally drive 2 hours any direction from Greenville and still pick up freaking WSSL 100. I can however pick up Clemsons flagship despite being closer to Columbia...smdh.

Reactions: vacock#
Way to "generalize." I attend a Sunday School class at a Baptist Church and it's definitely not flat or boring. It may be one-sided, but it's a side all of the members agree with since it's following God's Word. And I'd much rather be in Sunday School than listen to 107.5 any day of the week.

Calm down preacher.

I hate that I can't pick it up. If you live outside of the midlands there is no presence, particularly in the upstate. I live in Laurens county and always lose service at the rest area on I26 when I am coming back from Columbia. The funny thing is I can literally drive 2 hours any direction from Greenville and still pick up freaking WSSL 100. I can however pick up Clemsons flagship despite being closer to Columbia...smdh.
You might want to try listening on the iHeartRadio app. You can plug your phone into your aux (same way an MP3 player works) and it's a decent fix. That app doesn't burn through the phone battery very fast so it works pretty well.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Can we talk about the national shows in this topic too?

Love: Scott Farrell -- he's funny, I love his voice, and I don't gamble but for some reason I love hearing him talk about it
Hate: Bill Reiter -- dude, stop laughing! Your personal stories aren't that cool or funny. This guy looks like Fred Savage with glasses and he always wants to "casually" drop some story about the famous person he was hanging out with in Vegas while giggling constantly

I kinda like his top 5, but on the rest, I'm in 100%, COMPLETE agreement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT