ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 The Team: the best coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like finding out what bands they like or what movies they watch. I wonder between the extended commercials and the social talk when they have time for any sports.

Reactions: RayGilda
They are a complete joke. No, I am the joke for even trying to listen to their condescending crap..!!!

Anything to avoid taking calls about carolina recruiting or Holbrook. They spen more and more time on off topic subjects.

Anything to avoid taking calls about carolina recruiting or Holbrook. They spen more and more time on off topic subjects.

Jay is really quiet bad. He thinks he knows what is best for all of us. To hear him talk he sounds exactly like a liberal. Oh, excuse m they are now called progressives..... Either way and they are jokes.

I talk sports 99 percent of the time. Letterman retiring is a huge cultural moment, one I make no apology for being interested in discussing. We talked baseball virtually all yesterday afternoon, and anyone is welcome to call about it today, tomorrow or whenever. There's exactly zero new info to give from yesterday, so what would you have liked me to say as a new opinion about baseball today?

I talk sports 99 percent of the time. Letterman retiring is a huge cultural moment, one I make no apology for being interested in discussing. We talked baseball virtually all yesterday afternoon, and anyone is welcome to call about it today, tomorrow or whenever. There's exactly zero new info to give from yesterday, so what would you have liked me to say as a new opinion about baseball today?
You don't have to say anything new. Just let the callers say what they want to say. You are better than the others Heath. Jay spent five minutes talking about how he has modeled himself after Letterman. A lot of the programing at 107.5 needs some serious revamping.

You don't have to say anything new. Just let the callers say what they want to say. You are better than the others Heath. Jay spent five minutes talking about how he has modeled himself after Letterman. A lot of the programing at 107.5 needs some serious revamping.
But that's the thing, anyone was welcome to say whatever they wanted. Anyone could've called to talk about baseball at any point in the show. I'm not asking people to call about it when I had nothing particularly new to say since yesterday, but that's not preventing them from calling. I just get puzzled by posts above acting like there's some conspiracy to keep baseball talk off the air.

Do you think the defense will be better because we have a new DC or because we have more talent? There's plenty of examples of good coaching and poor talent still being mediocre on defense. We weren't mediocre, we were one of the worst defenses.
But that's the thing, anyone was welcome to say whatever they wanted. Anyone could've called to talk about baseball at any point in the show. I'm not asking people to call about it when I had nothing particularly new to say since yesterday, but that's not preventing them from calling. I just get puzzled by posts above acting like there's some conspiracy to keep baseball talk off the air.

Do you think the defense will be better because we have a new DC or because we have more talent? There's plenty of examples of good coaching and poor talent still being mediocre on defense. We weren't mediocre, we were one of the worst defenses.

The talent is the single biggest thing, along with a more experienced secondary. Totally raw there with no pass rush was a worse case scenario. One should improve, the other has by last year's kids learning the hard way. Tackling appears improved in spring - must stay that way into fall. New ideas on the D should help too, but no coach does well if he has last year's "pass rush".

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
I agree, but I think they could've been better prepared for certain situations.
The talent is the single biggest thing, along with a more experienced secondary. Totally raw there with no pass rush was a worse case scenario. One should improve, the other has by last year's kids learning the hard way. Tackling appears improved in spring - must stay that way into fall. New ideas on the D should help too, but no coach does well if he has last year's "pass rush".

Heath, not like i'm on your side or anything, but it's amazing how similar this complaint about your show is to the common complaint people make about this very forum: people complaining about what other people choose to talk about, while at the same time offering no better subject matter for their own.

Having said that, as the host of the show you do bear some responsibility for setting the tone and topics of the day. David Letterman retiring isn't any kind of "huge cultural moment" for me, i can't stand the guy and haven't watched him since the 80s.

Great spin.....!!!!

Heath does a good job but he does come off as a little snarky at times. A bit of an attitude that says " I'm the smartest one here, so the rest of you idiots need to realize you know nothing compared to me".

He also definitely puts a positive spin on most things involving USC. I guess I would be the same way though. Don't want to piss off the wrong person.

Letterman used to be a lot better. Nit a big fan lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT