ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 will pre-empt the women's game for Frank Martin's call-in

Kitchenlabs

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
May 20, 2000
show. It's A'ja Wilson's last regular season home game, and much of it will be pre-empted. The call in shows are stupid anyway.

Reactions: Judson1
It's locked in. Men's basketball takes priority over women's basketball, whether the program is better or not. Even the call-in show gets priority.
No, the call in show gets priority even if it's Kingston's turn to be on. Like I said, change the time.

It's been that way all season long...not a big deal... every Thursday the call in show is on 107.5 in Columbia because it's the flagship of the network and the women's games start on the AM station before moving over to the FM after the call in show is over. Women's games are only broadcast in Columbia and I think sometimes in Rock Hill? so the events on the network take priority.

As it should be. Folks need to realize that football and men's basketball stir the drink. Everything else takes a back seat

Duh.....that's why I started this thread.
But yet you seem dismayed. Preempting a mere regular-season women't sporting sporting event amounts to nothing in the eyes of most fans. This thread just reached 32 posts with me doing all I can to keep it going.

Last edited:
As it should be. Folks need to realize that football and men's basketball stir the drink. Everything else takes a back seat

This! Then baseball which operates on a 1/3 of the budget of women's basketball yet brings in more ticket revenue. They don't give out $5 to baseball games.

But yet you seem dismayed. Preempting a mere regular-season women't sporting sporting event amounts to nothing in the eyes of most fans. This thread just reached 32 posts with me doing all I can to keep it going.
I think you're wrong. A'ja has a huge following. And by the way, I hardly need YOU to keep my threads going.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
This! Then baseball which operates on a 1/3 of the budget of women's basketball yet brings in more ticket revenue. They don't give out $5 to baseball games.
Actually they do periodically. At times you could attend men's basketball and baseball games with bi-Lo receipts.

ADVERTISEMENT