ADVERTISEMENT

17 rushes for net 0 yards in Saturday's scrimmage???

rockingamecock

Aug 28, 2001
Soda City
that's unheard of.......
sick0020.r191677.gif

Well, that is pretty impressive. Our running backs are pretty good, so either our OL is scary bad or Hoke is already making some serious improvements. My guess is that the OL is not as strong as last year, but our DL is performing much, much better.

Originally posted by gamecockjosh:

Well, that is pretty impressive. Our running backs are pretty good, so either our OL is scary bad or Hoke is already making some serious improvements. My guess is that the OL is not as strong as last year, but our DL is performing much, much better.
I agree, but we've got to get that OL clicking better - can't win in the SEC w/o a good ground game.

Unless healthy, I thought we were down to about 7 OL's to practice and scrimmage with? I know Spurrier talked about having 6 or 7 available with all of the injuries. That was a post practice interview sometime last week.

Our offensive line has sucked for years. We have a good cheerleader at that spot but not sure about coach. They couldn't block a pee wee team.

Originally posted by 67gamecock:

Originally posted by gamecockjosh:

I agree, but we've got to get that OL clicking better - can't win in the SEC w/o a good ground game.
This is true. Need to be good on both lines of scrimmage. It's all a guessing game right now. No way of knowing for sure how good or bad we are until after that first snap in September.

1st spring controlled scrimmage stats that are not open the public are ALWAYS my #1 predictor for fall success!

This post was edited on 3/30 5:13 PM by winloseortie

Could not agree more. Hopefully Mr. Wharton can help with Teaching technique and maybe help us keep some kids here as well?

Originally posted by basses:
Our offensive line has sucked for years. We have a good cheerleader at that spot but not sure about coach. They couldn't block a pee wee team.
Believe in our coaching staff! We have the greatest coaches in America...

This board is awesome. Been bitching about the defense for MONTHS. Defense, which any damn fool knows will be improved this year, goes out and manhandles the offense, and the first thing y'all say is "What's wrong with the offense?"

In the article after Saturday's Scrimmage on SC running backs: USC DUO OF WILDS AND WILLIAMS WORK TOWARD FALL SHOWDOWN:

Wilds missed a week of spring practice due to a bruised shoulder but participated in Saturday's scrimmage, finishing with one carry for 1 yard. Williams had two carries for 2 yards and the scrimmage's only touchdown, a 1-yard run.

Looks like Williams is ahead...doubling the injured Wilds production.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT