ADVERTISEMENT

$18 Bucks for a beer at this weeks PGA tournament

What! Better be at least a 12 pack. Suppose alot of mini bottles of favorite liquor will be smuggled in 🤫

Last edited:
That’s the one reason I love the Masters. Someone forgot to tell the concessions guys it’s not 1970 anymore.
Now merchandise on the other hand…

Reactions: 92Pony and FORKCOCK
Southern Hills is a place where smuggling should be looked upon with a blind eye. Easy to smuggle in the beer, but that cooler of ice is just too noticeable.

Hell No, I didn't. I think it was Justin Thomas tweeting about the crazy concession prices at this Tournament
I don’t think the merchandise is that bad considering you can only buy it there. Sure it’s more expensive than a normal hat.

I’ve never really understood the obsession of throwing down tons of money to watch other people play golf. I’d like to walk the Masters one time before I die but more for the history of it than actually being entertained by golf. I know that may be a cold take here but it’s my 2 cents.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I’ve never really understood the obsession of throwing down tons of money to watch other people play golf. I’d like to walk the Masters one time before I die but more for the history of it than actually being entertained by golf. I know that may be a cold take here but it’s my 2 cents.
As an avid golfer I can comprehend just how difficult it is to do what they do. I enjoy watching good golf. To me seeing it in person makes it even more so. Something about being there and hearing the roars and excitement. However I will agree that tv gives you the best perspective.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
As an avid golfer I can comprehend just how difficult it is to do what they do. I enjoy watching good golf. To me seeing it in person makes it even more so. Something about being there and hearing the roars and excitement. However I will agree that tv gives you the best perspective.
Even though it looks easy it only took me once to know I suck at it. I can certainly appreciate the skill set.

It’s also kind of a free for all. Camp out at one hole all day or try to follow someone but it’s hard to get a good view.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
The first time I went to Augusta, mid 70's, I stood next to a player's caddie. My cousin told me to look at the irons in the bag. Each one had a worn off area, no bigger than a dime, in the sweet spot.

That's where the pro's hit it everytime. I love seeing them play in person.

Reactions: taiwancock

I've been to the Masters on tournament days about 10-12 times. My wife has been probably 20-25 times. It's very enjoyable.

I can't say I know I'd enjoy just going to any tournament out there but if you know a bit about the golfers, it's more fun in person than you'd expect (unless you just hate golf).

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Last year at KIawah, 2 hamburgers, 1 hot dog, two Gatorades and a water cost me $68.00 plus tip which was donated to charity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT