ADVERTISEMENT

1997 and 1999

sadd66

Jun 2, 2010
Two of Ray Tanner's first three years as the new head baseball coach, the Gamecocks failed to reach the NCAA tourney. And in my opinion those teams had way more talent, especially on the offensive side. Patience, my friends. Patience.

Two of Ray Tanner's first three years as the new head baseball coach, the Gamecocks failed to reach the NCAA tourney. And in my opinion those teams had way more talent, especially on the offensive side. Patience, my friends. Patience.
1997 did not have more talent. BAs are elevated, as that was in the middle of the hot bat era.
(No offense to my very dear friends who played on that squad.)

1999 is borderline, but I lean toward "no" on it as well. Except for pitching. 1999 did have more talent pitching wise.

Last edited:
Is anyone suggesting we _not_ have patience in a brand new coach who's team has played exactly 3 SEC games? I think most of us are pretty patient - we know he inherited a bad team.

Reactions: rogue cock
Is anyone suggesting we _not_ have patience in a brand new coach who's team has played exactly 3 SEC games? I think most of us are pretty patient - we know he inherited a bad team.
Yes, some are suggesting just that. I read suggestions yesterday from fire Kingston now to it's time to move on from Carolina Stadium

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT