ADVERTISEMENT

#2, #3, and #5 took an L

nursegirl25

Aug 29, 2005
Gators, Seminoles, and LSU Tigers all took a loss yesterday to unranked opponents. Just a reminder baseball is tricky business when you just look at an individual game.

Not saying we are punching our ticket to Omaha just yet but I do think our staff so far as a whole has to be top 1 or 2 in the country. Really liked how Murray and Colie threw in the middle innings yesterday and you gotta figure TJ is not going to give up too many runs late like yesterday.

We really need Madison and Jonah to provide some offense from our veteran guys....Love their gloves but can't have a SS batting under .100.........Still early.

Gators, Seminoles, and LSU Tigers all took a loss yesterday to unranked opponents. Just a reminder baseball is tricky business when you just look at an individual game.

Not saying we are punching our ticket to Omaha just yet but I do think our staff so far as a whole has to be top 1 or 2 in the country. Really liked how Murray and Colie threw in the middle innings yesterday and you gotta figure TJ is not going to give up too many runs late like yesterday.

We really need Madison and Jonah to provide some offense from our veteran guys....Love their gloves but can't have a SS batting under .100.........Still early.
Mid week games. I usually don't start getting worried about losing mid week games until April.

Those mid week games are what prepare you for the end of the season.

It's also hard to know how good/bad/average some of these mid-major programs are from year to year, esp. SoCon and Big South. (See also: Coastal Carolina). For all we know, we took a quality series win last weekend.

we will find out how good we are when we play the taters. we better win that series this year

Reactions: vehemon
I think we will find out a lot this weekend. Going to Clemson and winning 2 out of 3 the way they did is pretty impressive. Will we be satisfied if we beat Wright State 2 out of 3? We probably should be if that happens but I know some people won`t take a team without a big name seriously.

I think we will find out a lot this weekend. Going to Clemson and winning 2 out of 3 the way they did is pretty impressive. Will we be satisfied if we beat Wright State 2 out of 3? We probably should be if that happens but I know some people won`t take a team without a big name seriously.
Baseball has been a lot different the last 4-5 years. There's been a swell of media attention and 'smaller school' teams are looked at more on the national field.

you can't talk any sense to some on this board on any of our sports. i quit responding to comments on this board 10 years ago cause some just ain't got no sense when it comes to anything. i just stop by from time to time to see what just a few may know sometimes that i have not found out yet. i told people on this board about 6 months before spurrier was hired that he was our next head coach and i was blasted by idiots. then i told my source which was an ex gamecock that played for the redskins that i played golf with at the time at the university club every week and some still laughed so i quit messing with the fools.

you can't talk any sense to some on this board on any of our sports. i quit responding to comments on this board 10 years ago cause some just ain't got no sense when it comes to anything. i just stop by from time to time to see what just a few may know sometimes that i have not found out yet. i told people on this board about 6 months before spurrier was hired that he was our next head coach and i was blasted by idiots. then i told my source which was an ex gamecock that played for the redskins that i played golf with at the time at the university club every week and some still laughed so i quit messing with the fools.
Can you blame them with as much garbage finds it's way on some threads? Don't act like it's just this board.

That's a common problem with any internet forum.

BTW, congrats on the new job. I ran your id through one of my spiders and got a match for linkedin profile regarding your name, south carolina gamecocks, and your mortgage background.
Got this;
https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-rogers-54237349

If that's you, I would advise cleaning that up.
And for your sake, remove your birthday from your rivals.com profile. :)

Just helping another Gamecock out.

Reactions: wood90
There is far too much parity in college baseball these days for folks not to take some of the smaller schools seriously. They forget that many of these schools have rosters full of guys that just barely didn't make the squad at the "bigger" schools (see SoCon/Big South schools full of guys who really wanted to be Gamecocks/Tigers/Heels/etc but they had the elite guys already there).

did they lose the following Wednesday?

Mid week games. I usually don't start getting worried about losing mid week games until April.

Those mid week games are what prepare you for the end of the season.

Wasn't it 2011 that we did not lose a mid-week game all season?

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT