ADVERTISEMENT

2 out of 4 experts agree: USC is in trouble at the QB position (link)

Originally posted by msc1992:
So that means 2 out of 4 say we're NOT in trouble at the QB position.
Read the article, that's not what it says at all. 2 of 4 say the Rebels and Gators are worse off, with 1 of those 2 saying "no teams in the conference are as helpless at the quarterback position as Florida and South Carolina"

Sorry sunshine, 3 of 4 say we are in dire straits and the 4th says Ole Miss is worse.

4 out of 4 fans say No Kidding.
captain-obv-sign.jpg

Can we get to spring practice without declaring ourselves a 6-6 team?!? Seriously!! No we don't know hardly anything about our qbs, but can you tell much about them after a total of ONE quarterback took snaps besides Dylan this year and threw a total of SIX passes. SIX. This is about as stupid as the poster on this board who is claiming our pitching staff is crap after four games! If GA likes what he sees in this kid, then I say give him time and a chance. If we put the guys in a position to succeed instead of some of the questionable play calls we have made during SOS tenure then we should be fine. We talk about simplifying the defense because of how hard it can be to learn some of the schemes, I ask why can't we do the same to the offense. If this means us going away from a zone read offense then so be it. The QBs have my full support going into next year. How much did we really know about Dylan besides the Clemson game where he played out of his mind. Not knocking DT, but he made some questionable throws and decisions this year....

"In trouble" = inexperienced

Just saying, we are definitely inexperienced at QB and if that equates to "in trouble" fine. But, the truth of the matter is nobody has a damn clue how this year's QB or QBs will play because we've not seen any of them play enough to judge.

Originally posted by NaturalGC7:
So the genius posters on this board think there's a chance, or no chance? Wow.
Nothing says "genius" like an incoherent response, Natural. And you either failed to read the article or failed to understand it. Fine work.

This story comes as no surprise. That site is in love with the taters. Yahoo posts a weekly Saturday Down South headline either drooling over Deshaun Watson's rehab progress or Clemson being the early favorite to win the ACC this year.

I will agree though that we have serious questions at qb until someone proves themselves.
This post was edited on 2/19 3:56 PM by sclawman77

So we are calling anyone with a keyboard an "expert" now? Not that I disagree that we have questions, but I hardly consider the vast majority of these bloggers to be more than guys who like football. By that token, FGF has about 1,800 experts, including some of our favorite trolls.

Originally posted by TN--Gamecock:
BS...I would also think UGA is in the same boat...who will their stater be experts?
Don't know his name...their backup did play the second half against Louisville in the bowl game. That's more significant playing time than any of our backups received last year.

But even if the Dawgs' quarterback will be inexperienced, his main job will be to turn around and hand the ball off to a stable of outstanding running backs and not turn the ball over. Quarterbacks in Spurrier's offense, in contrast, are expected to make plays.

Free Comic Relief

I drop in to this site for several reasons each day. One of the reasons is for the free comic relief that it provides me. Usually the conversations take a very quick turn in a rapidly descending downward spiral with some of the contributors sounding like they have their heads shoved "straight up their Georgia". Have a great evening and Go Lady Gamecocks!!!

we also heard last year our defense was going to be really good and the offensive line was one of the best in the country
confused0024.r191677.gif

Let's pump a little sunshine into the argument. Tee Martin's 3rd year in the program and first year starting at UT resulted in an undefeated season and a national championship. If memory serves me correctly, I think that year he broke a record for the most completed passes in a row - something like 23 or 24. The opponent ? The Gamecocks.

So yes, I can see a national championship looming on the horizon........hey but I'm on Saturn, not Earth.

Based on the fact that we had to have a 3 touchdown lead last year before they would bring in any backup does not paint a confident picture of this year's QB situation. What bothers me more, is that we have what appears to be a very good dual threat QB coming in that could create issues for teams, but we seem to have a QB system in place that takes incoming QB's two years minimum to understand it. Why is it that other very good teams can bring in true freshmen QB's and do perfectly fine, but we need a QB in our system two years to take the field? Also, what every happened to the possibility of this Arizona transfer coming here?

Duh. I'm no expert but Stevie Wonder and I can see that qb is a potential back breaker for us. At this point though, the key words are a potential issue. We have spring practice, fall pre-season practices to work on this issue. I, the non-expert and the self proclaimed experts, will have a better idea of what to expect for 2015. The real answers will come after the first couple of games. I sure hope we'll find a qb who can get the football into the hands of our play maker. Mr. Cooper. I'd hate like heck to see him frustrated because a qb can't throw well enough to utilize his talents.

" Before we go 6-6". As a football fan, I'd be surprised if we win 6. Looking at the schedule " and I'm a betting man" I just don't see where we win 6 games. As a fan, we win the SEC. In reality, I'd like to hear who those 6 wins will be against? Georgia, LSU, A&M, Clemson,and Tennessee. I guarantee are losses. Mizzou, Kentucky, North Carolina and Florida are coin flips. Florida has good talent and it will depend on how we'll their new coach does. Kentucky's talent will start to show up soon, and same can be said for North Carolina. I'll be actually happy with 6-6.

What I don't undertand is how can you be an expert on our situation when you haven't seen any QB available this year play on the field. Granted, that's a big question, but we still have no clue about how good or bad any of them are.

Originally posted by Irmo Cock:
What I don't undertand is how can you be an expert on our situation when you haven't seen any QB available this year play on the field. Granted, that's a big question, but we still have no clue about how good or bad any of them are.
None of those guys are experts, but deductive reasoning suggests they're right. Mitch never saw the field last season and can't get separation from a walk-on. You also hear the coaches are looking around for a 5th year transfer. So, you can reasonably assume the QB situation ain't good.

Or maybe GA is right and the light will come on for Mitch. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper playing QB, kinda like Newton did when the line was struggling.

The truth is that NO ONE knows how Connor Mitch or any of our other QBs will play in a live game. That isn't good but it might not be bad. It just is. It sure won't take long to find out though.

Originally posted by Irmo Cock:
i think the point is, the fact that even when we had big leads or when Thompson was clearly struggling SOS had so little confidence in any of them that they almost never saw the field, that kind of might be an indicator that they aren't any good

I would advise everyone not to watch any pre-season shows this summer because it will not be pretty for us. I think they will pick us 6th in the SEC East with question marks all over the place. Remember they also picked Mizzou to finish 6th in 2013 as well.

Originally posted by hookwrestler:
" Before we go 6-6". As a football fan, I'd be surprised if we win 6. Looking at the schedule " and I'm a betting man" I just don't see where we win 6 games. As a fan, we win the SEC. In reality, I'd like to hear who those 6 wins will be against? Georgia, LSU, A&M, Clemson,and Tennessee. I guarantee are losses. Mizzou, Kentucky, North Carolina and Florida are coin flips. Florida has good talent and it will depend on how we'll their new coach does. Kentucky's talent will start to show up soon, and same can be said for North Carolina. I'll be actually happy with 6-6.
You'll be happy with that? Dammit man. What happened to our fan base? SOS was supposed to change the culture here. Looks like hes wasted his damn time the past 10 years. You'll be OK with losses to Kentucky and North Carolina? I sure as HELL won't be.

ADVERTISEMENT