ADVERTISEMENT

2 questions....Clemson football operations building vs ours

gamecockox

Sep 20, 2007
i know Clemson's has caught everybody's attention .. but i have two questions...

1) What does theirs have ours don't?

2) Could the fans start a fund raiser to add some of the features our's doesn't have that theirs does?

Reactions: idohvac2
i know Clemson's has caught everybody's attention .. but i have two questions...

2) Could the fans start a fund raiser to add some of the features our's doesn't have that theirs does?
"
Not sure, because I don't think they've said what ours will have and have not released much of what it will look like. It was more that Tanner publicly stated, in introducing it, that it didn't have the "bells and whistles" that you've heard about from other programs. My guess is that is doesn't have all the entertainment stuff for the players like Clemson's does. It kind of sounded as though ours was going to be more utilitarian.

"
Not sure, because I don't think they've said what ours will have and have not released much of what it will look like. It was more that Tanner publicly stated, in introducing it, that it didn't have the "bells and whistles" that you've heard about from other programs. My guess is that is doesn't have all the entertainment stuff for the players like Clemson's does. It kind of sounded as though ours was going to be more utilitarian.

That don't sway young recruits

SC facility will have the largest weight room in the state and near the top in the nation. New standards will be set when SC facility is built. Yes, there should be a need from fan's to fund raise and request extra equipment that Clemson and others schools don't have.

SC facility will have the largest weight room in the state and near the top in the nation. New standards will be set when SC facility is built. Yes, there should be a need from fan's to fund raise and request extra equipment that Clemson and others schools don't have.

Well is it football only? If so, then it will be the largest in the nation if its the largest in the state.

It will be just as nice as the one in cow town. Problem is ours is 1-2 years down the line. Then they have a new thing. It is an arms race, our problem is we are always a step behind. Our stadium needs an upgrade before we can do anything after our new ops building is done.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Are you sure cause I heard theirs would be larger? Hope I'm wrong

There seems to be a virus running through the forum that I have not as yet contracted which is best described by reading this thread. I just can't get worked up over the number of play station cubicles or device charger outlets in some building on a college campus supposedly devoted to higher learning. Or worse yet, how the quantity of these objects compares to those found in other institutions.

The weight room claim is really strange. Why say it is biggest in the state if it is the biggest in the country. Makes no sense.

One thing they have I could not find in the Carolina specs is any sort of VR room. Clemson has been using that specifically with there QBs for a few years. It has allowed them to do meeting time and basically relive practice situation. If Carolina is in on this technology, I have not been able to find out anything about it. Seems like a missed chance

The weight room claim is really strange. Why say it is biggest in the state if it is the biggest in the country. Makes no sense.

One thing they have I could not find in the Carolina specs is any sort of VR room. Clemson has been using that specifically with there QBs for a few years. It has allowed them to do meeting time and basically relive practice situation. If Carolina is in on this technology, I have not been able to find out anything about it. Seems like a missed chance

Well Clemson got lucky on the VR front. Dabo and David Shaw have been friends for a few years and when the Stanford GA came up with the system Clemson was the first team outside of Stanford to be offered the chance to use it. Im just happy our coaches saw the opportunity the technology presented for the program.

Who would know.

We've only seen an artist pic of the lobby.

How are they raising a bldg that no one knows what's inside.

Reeks of USC budget sensitive utilitarian half ass.

I
Who would know.

We've only seen an artist pic of the lobby.

How are they raising a bldg that no one knows what's inside.

Reeks of USC budget sensitive utilitarian half ass.

the plans that they used to get permits showed all that was inside layout. It was posted here some time back, but it was not exactly a high res picture so it was a little tough to get a full picture

for starters, a slide, nap room, bowling alley, ice pool, and barber shop

Won't we still have the additional facilities across the street in the stadium? I realize we are consolidating offices, etc. but the Crews weight facility was pretty awesome just a few years ago and there are several film and position rooms there.

I don't think we have a sliding board or an outdoor area for cooking out. No putt-putt either. These are essentials.

And why should we take up a collection when the department is flush with cash?

I don't think we have a sliding board or an outdoor area for cooking out. No putt-putt either. These are essentials.

Cash is not the issue, it is about the want to. There is a mindset about what the goal is. I think Boom is a lot more old school than a guy like Dabo is. In his mind, Dabo is like a dancing monkey playing to the crowd and guys like Boom and Saban laugh at that style. But hell, if that style doesn't resonates with recruits and is winning games. Dabo wins the big one and everybody wants Boom to follow that style. Boom wants the new digs, do not get me wrong, but the bells and whistles are probably the last think he would do, to heck with what anyone says

Reactions: BIG KITTY
Cash is not the issue, it is about the want to. There is a mindset about what the goal is. I think Boom is a lot more old school than a guy like Dabo is. In his mind, Dabo is like a dancing monkey playing to the crowd and guys like Boom and Saban laugh at that style. But hell, if that style doesn't resonates with recruits and is winning games. Dabo wins the big one and everybody wants Boom to follow that style. Boom wants the new digs, do not get me wrong, but the bells and whistles are probably the last think he would do, to heck with what anyone says

Guys like Boom and Saban?

Who needs all those childish things we are a football school it's not like we are recruiting children to come here.......... Oh wait never mind

When you win a championship, your way carries more weight that that of a person who hasn't.

Reactions: Chuckt0wnCock

The fun things (not part of most "ops centers for ncaa football teams") that Dabo-world has includes things like fire-pits for players/dates, outside/covered/basketball court, nap rooms, golf simulator, bowling alley, etc......maybe ours will have them and maybe some consider then stupid, but there's a lot of kids (5* recruits) that have made a lot of comments about their facility, so it must be impressing the right people, as it's not made to impress us:)

Reactions: lostcock and NooNoo
I still think Charleston is the jewel of the south.
I guess it depends on your tastes. I hate Charleston. I've lived around it most of my life and other than a few crummy beaches it doesn't have much to offer. I love live music and the scene in Charleston died about 10-15 years ago.

I guess it depends on your tastes. I hate Charleston. I've lived around it most of my life and other than a few crummy beaches it doesn't have much to offer. I love live music and the scene in Charleston died about 10-15 years ago.

Fishing, hunting, golf, shopping, dining, history, etc.

Fishing, hunting, golf, shopping, dining, history, etc.
Not big on fishing, hunting, golf or shopping. I do like to eat and I can get my history from the museum in Columbia. I don't need to be reminded of the slave trade everytime I walk down Market St. From Columbia you are 2 hours from the beach, 2 hours from the mountains, and a not too long ride to Atlanta.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT