ADVERTISEMENT

2 questions....Clemson football operations building vs ours

And if he doesn't?
There is no doubt he will. He evaluates every player personally and knows what is needed to get their. His defense with Kurt Roper's offense and QB develoment will produce a leader in our division.

These days, Nick Saban is offering more of the recruits Muschamp has evaluated and offered 1st.

There is no doubt he will. He evaluates every player personally and knows what is needed to get their. His defense with Kurt Roper's offense and QB develoment will produce a leader in our division.

These days, Nick Saban is offering more of the recruits Muschamp has evaluated and offered 1st.

No doubt we will win a national championship in 3 years? I'll have what you're having.

I'd be happy starting with the SEC East and then moving up from there.

If a high school player is highly ranked by the recruiting media, it seems they would want to pick the best location to continue the hype. The source of the amount of coverage a school gets depends on the Top 25 ranking, pre-season hype, top players on the team, reputation of coaches, and stage a coach is at in their career. I think in the next 2 to 3 years, Muschamp can get us to the level Clemson just reached.

Why does the Carolina fanbase struggle so much with expectation management? Can Muschamp get this team to the top of the SEC East in 2-3 years. I think that is a reasonable goal. Could he get it to the SEC East from 6-7 yrs ago, no that would not have been a reasonable goal. The East is ripe for the picking right (and has been for a while). The East was the worst division in the Power 5 last year.

To get to a point that Carolina would honestly compete with the West (specifically Bama) in the next 2-3 yrs is a pipe dream. The horses are not in place now and will not be in place then. Muschamp is building a foundation right now. Bentley's class has some nice pieces, but no where near enough of them. This coming class has good volume but is loaded with guys that will need a lot of development or need to surprise.

The gap is narrowing talent wise with Carolina and the big programs but only because there was little to no talent in the out going classes, not because the incoming class are more impressive than a Clemson or Bama. In that regard the talent gap is still growing but slowing.

Replace 2-3 with 6-7 years maybe I can stay with you on this.

No doubt we will win a national championship in 3 years? I'll have what you're having.

I'd be happy starting with the SEC East and then moving up from there.
Who said anything about winning a national championship? Clemson was very fortunate to make the playoff and upset Alabama. They could have lost 8 of the 15 games on their schedule that were decided by a touchdown or less. You act like they are some dominating team that no one can compete with but many teams on their schedule do. Offensively, I think we'll be as good as any team in the country in the next 2 or 3 seasons and if the defense improves, and it will, we will have a tough physical football team that can win a lot of games. It would not surprise me if we beat Clemson in 2017 with the character and skilled position talent Roper will put on the field this season.

Who said anything about winning a national championship? Clemson was very fortunate to make the playoff and upset Alabama. They could have lost 8 of the 15 games on their schedule that were decided by a touchdown or less. You act like they are some dominating team that no one can compete with but many teams on their schedule do. Offensively, I think we'll be as good as any team in the country in the next 2 or 3 seasons and if the defense improves, and it will, we will have a tough physical football team that can win a lot of games. It would not surprise me if we beat Clemson in 2017 with the character and skilled position talent Roper will put on the field this season.

The gap narrows quickly when you downgrade your opponents achievements and inflate your own.

I think there are pieces in place for this to be a good offense. A good offense is a VAST improvement over last year, before or after Bentley took over. This offense after Bentley took over was still outside the top 100 in total yards and scoring. There is a long way to go. Why are you pushing so hard to accelerate the timing, and building so much pressure to win right now. It is a process

The gap narrows quickly when you downgrade your opponents achievements and inflate your own.

I think there are pieces in place for this to be a good offense. A good offense is a VAST improvement over last year, before or after Bentley took over. This offense after Bentley took over was still outside the top 100 in total yards and scoring. There is a long way to go. Why are you pushing so hard to accelerate the timing, and building so much pressure to win right now. It is a process
You should follow the example of your starting QB and head coach. Bentley made a statement on February 22 that he wanted to win a National Championship and would stay 4 years to do it. He followed that up with a 300 yards passing, 60.1% completed passes, and 3 TDs in the Spring Game.

Our leader on offense has character, skills, and is driven.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...rolina-long-enough-win-national-championship/

You should follow the example of your starting QB and head coach. Bentley made a statement on February 22 that he wanted to win a National Championship and would stay 4 years to do it. He followed that up with a 300 yards passing, 60.1% completed passes, and 3 TDs in the Spring Game.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...rolina-long-enough-win-national-championship/

McIlwain looked great in last year's spring game. To be clear, I think Bentley will be a good one for us based on last year's performance.

But please don't use Spring game stats to try to make any point.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay

Lou Holtz said he wanted to win a national championship at SC too.

McIlwain looked great in last year's spring game. To be clear, I think Bentley will be a good one for us based on last year's performance.

But please don't use Spring game stats to try to make any point.
Whatever....At least he hasn't stunk it up in 2 Spring Games like Dabo's announced starting QB, Kelly Bryant. If Bentley stats compared to Kelly Bryant's (4 for 13 - 43 Yards 1 INT 2017 - 9 for 17 - 169 Yards 2 INTs). Kelly Bryant has the potential of Chris Smelly. Bentley"s ceiling is sky high and progessing daily.

Whatever....At least he hasn't stunk it up in 2 Spring Games like Dabo's announced starting QB, Kelly Bryant. If Bentley stats compared to Kelly Bryant's (4 for 13 - 43 Yards 1 INT 2017 - 9 for 17 - 169 Yards 2 INTs). Kelly Bryant has the potential of Chris Smelly. Bentley"s ceiling is sky high and progessing daily.

And you provide more Spring game stats, thanks.

Still waiting on Boosie Whitlow to have a great year after his 2 sack performance in the 2016 game. Maybe it will be against Clemson in two years after the transfer year

Perhaps it had something to do with the defense each was facing. Remember, last time Bentley faced the Clemson defense he went 7-17 for 41yds and 1 int.

In turn, Kelly Bryant rushed 2 times for 5 yards and a touchdown against the USC defense last season.

Muschamp wanted it be a place they come to and get their work in, not a play ground. Which I agree with.

What Clemson has will catch a 17 years olds eye, but when practice gets done and they players want to fool around they aren't going to hang out on or near the football field, they're going to go hangout, chase girls, and party a little and they won't be doing that anywhere near coaches or an ops building.

Clemson wasted a lot of money.

Reactions: Superior7
Not big on fishing, hunting, golf or shopping. I do like to eat and I can get my history from the museum in Columbia. I don't need to be reminded of the slave trade everytime I walk down Market St. From Columbia you are 2 hours from the beach, 2 hours from the mountains, and a not too long ride to Atlanta.
Well, that settles it then. Columbia is the best city in the south because it's within reasonable driving distance to anything desirable. And it sounds like the Columbia Museum is failing you history-wise if you think there was ever a slave sold on Market St. But carry on.

I'm afraid that just like Dabo, their seemingly wacky, absurd, juvenile playground will be a perfect fit at Clemson and help them be successful.

The culture there is very weird. Dabo was the perfect fit for it, the playground may be too.

"Dabo's announced starting QB". Got a link for that? Of course you don't, since you made it up. Bryant may be the leader coming out of spring ball, but no team in the country has an "announced starting QB" in April, and you have no idea what the rest of the QBs on Clemson's roster will do between now and August.

"Dabo's announced starting QB". Got a link for that? Of course you don't, since you made it up. Bryant may be the leader coming out of spring ball, but no team in the country has an "announced starting QB" in April, and you have no idea what the rest of the QBs on Clemson's roster will do between now and August.
Sure.....but why can't you link the quotes of your coach. He only told ESPN after the Spring Practice was over. He said if the new season started today, Kelly Bryant would be the guy.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...replace-qb-deshaun-watson-out-of-spring-game/

Well, that settles it then. Columbia is the best city in the south because it's within reasonable driving distance to anything desirable. And it sounds like the Columbia Museum is failing you history-wise if you think there was ever a slave sold on Market St. But carry on.
Well excuse me. The slaves were sold a few blocks over but the produce that they grew and picked was sold on Market St. I never once said Columbia was the best city in the south but in MY OPINION, it is the best that the state of SC has to offer. You seem to have your panties in a wad because I don't like Charleston. Get over it. Not everyone does. Most people I know that are die hard music fans hate Charleston because it offers nothing for us. We get a little something in Columbia and Spartanburg. Outside of that we have to go to places like Charlotte, Atlanta, and Wilmington.

Last edited:
So, just to make sure we're on the same page: "if the new season started today" = "announced starting QB". Yes? Even you aren't this dumb.

Hey dumbass....his decision was based on a month of Spring Ball + Bryant has been through 2 Springs and taken more reps in games than any other QB on his roster. Who is he going to turn to, the 5 star rookie that played just as bad? His options are as limited as your intelligence and junvenile as your tater spin.

Hey dumbass....his decision was based on a month of Spring Ball + Bryant has been through 2 Springs and taken more reps in games than any other QB on his roster. Who is he going to turn to, the 5 star rookie that played just as bad? His options are as limited as your intelligence and junvenile as your tater spin.
So you are this dumb.

So you are this dumb.
No...but your denial for written statements by your head coach should have your insults directed @ your coach for stating what he did after playing as poorly as he did. Dabo is as mentally challenged as you are but you appear dumber trying to defend him.

How much are you paid to hang out on this site and promote Clemson?

No...but your denial for written statements by your head coach should have your insults directed @ your coach for stating what he did after playing as poorly as he did. Dabo is as mentally challenged as you are but you appear dumber trying to defend him.

How much are you paid to hang out on this site and promote Clemson?
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've posted anything since last year. Good to see things haven't changed, and you still resort to accusing people of being Clemson fans when proven wrong.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've posted anything since last year. Good to see things haven't changed, and you still resort to accusing people of being Clemson fans when proven wrong.
First off, you haven't proven me wrong and i'll double down that Brandon Streeter will develop you a QB that might be good enough for Liberty's level of competition. That's where he came from and probably belongs.

Cole Stoudt was the starter coming out of spring ball also, and we see how that turned out.

Cole Stoudt was the starter coming out of spring ball also, and we see how that turned out.

So now Hunter Johnson, being developed by Brandon Streeter's Liberty expertise, will catapult him to Deshaun Watson's level by September.....If Bryant loses to Auburn, Louisville, and Virginia Tech in September, I'm sure Hunter Johnson will be named starter.

Surely Dabo won't lose to Auburn on his home field to a defensive coordinator he fired?

First off, you haven't proven me wrong and i'll double down that Brandon Streeter will develop you a QB that might be good enough for Liberty's level of competition. That's where he came from and probably belongs.
You've been shown to be wrong on several fronts, including the "announced starting QB" (seriously?). At this point, you're just willfully ignoring facts. You think Bryant looked bad going against Clemson's defensive 1s, taking live hits, and not two hand touch like Ohio State's spring game? How did Bentley look against Clemson's 1s for a full half, before getting knocked out of the game? What was it, 7-17? A pick? A handful of yards? Why aren't you riding Bentley in the same fashion? Bryant played a series against SC. He walked a TD in. Is any of this adding up for you, or would some pictures help? But please, post Bentley's spring game stats against a defense ranked in the hundreds as proof of....something.

Based on what we know about Dabo, I'd be surprised if Bryant doesn't take the first snap under center come fall. Dabo is loyal to upperclassmen. I'd also be very surprised if Bryant takes the most snaps in Game 1, and shocked if he's still the starter by midseason. Nobody is replacing Watson up thar, but you're fooling yourself if you don't believe they have a ton of talent at that spot not named "Kelly Bryant".

So now Hunter Johnson, being developed by Brandon Streeter's Liberty expertise, will catapult him to Deshaun Watson's level by September.....If Bryant loses to Auburn, Louisville, and Virginia Tech in September, I'm sure Hunter Johnson will be named starter.

Surely Dabo won't lose to Auburn on his home field to a defensive coordinator he fired?

He doesn't have to be at Deshaun Watson's level. Frankly, you are coming unhinged here. Clemson isn't a bad as you think. South Carolina isn't as good as you think. You are just trying to convince yourself that Clemson won't be any good, and that Carolina will be great. Clemson isn't going to fall apart overnight. South Carolina isn't going to become a world-beater overnight. Most rational people understand this.

Reactions: flyfisher29640

Some people just can't tell you anything w/o being asshats, e.g. Spears, Staniel, Expat.

Reactions: JSpears5
He doesn't have to be at Deshaun Watson's level. Frankly, you are coming unhinged here. Clemson isn't a bad as you think. South Carolina isn't as good as you think. You are just trying to convince yourself that Clemson won't be any good, and that Carolina will be great. Clemson isn't going to fall apart overnight. South Carolina isn't going to become a world-beater overnight. Most rational people understand this.

Not at all....the correct logic is Clemson barely escaped with victories over Auburn, Louisville, and VT with a 1st round talent @ QB last season. Auburn has greatly improved @ the QB position, Louisville still has the Heisman winner returning for another season and Clemson plays them back to back. Virginia Tech is a stretch but I think the game is in Blacksburg @ night and will be tough on a rookie starter. Just calling it the way I see it with the drop off @ the QB position Clemson has going into the 2017 season.

Not at all....the correct logic is Clemson barely escaped with victories over Auburn, Louisville, and VT with a 1st round talent @ QB last season. Auburn has greatly improved @ the QB position, Louisville still has the Heisman winner returning for another season and Clemson plays them back to back. Virginia Tech is a stretch but I think the game is in Blacksburg @ night and will be tough on a rookie starter. Just calling it the way I see it with the drop off @ the QB position Clemson has going into the 2017 season.
Their game against VT is at night? Neat. You should probably let the networks know. Starting to agree with the other poster about the "unhinged" thing.

That made me chuckle.

QUOTE="CockerStaniel, post: 3298734, member: 30819"]Their game against VT is at night? Neat. You should probably let the networks know. Starting to agree with the other poster about the "unhinged" thing.[/QUOTE]

Some people just can't tell you anything w/o being asshats, e.g. Spears, Staniel, Expat.

If you don't drink the Kool Aid they're pouring, they gang up on you and insult you on the site of your team. The moderators should blacklist most of them and their intent to control the message of Gamecock fans on this site.

Nobody is controlling messages around here. It's a sports message board. It's for debate. If you consistently post incorrect things, even about your rival, somebody is likely going to call you on it. That's the debate part.

FYi Streeter came from Richmond, not Liberty. He was pretty successful there. I don't think he's some kind of genius coach at all but he's a tough guy. When at Clemson he got the crap beat out of him on a regular basis and got back up almost every time. I respected him for that.

Streeter is a tough guy, YES.
Good QB coach? It's wait and see. A monkey would get credit if he coached Watson.

Matter of fact, there's going to be a lot of wait and see from Clemson this year. Having a special player like Watson takes the pressure off of everyone, including the coaches.

What Watson did as an improviser was nothing short of awesome, and you can't teach that. The loss of Mike Williams will hurt their receiving group, as he bailed Watson out on many many many bad throws. The next QB won't have that benefit.

Clemson will be good, they have the players to be real good, but you can't win big without a special guy playing QB and the guys they have trying to get the job have skills but they aren't Watson, at least not yet.

18 year olds are blown away by the WOW factor. Don't look at it from the stand point of usefulness look at the how the building we blow away an 18 year old recruit.
I will say however that the actual things that "wow" 18 year olds change RAPIDLY in our society. I don't have a problem with the fact that our building emphasizes football, because that DOESN'T change. Clemson, might... might... find in five years or so that recruits don't even care about the particular bells and whistles they currently have.

FYi Streeter came from Richmond, not Liberty. He was pretty successful there. I don't think he's some kind of genius coach at all but he's a tough guy. When at Clemson he got the crap beat out of him on a regular basis and got back up almost every time. I respected him for that.

Streeter is a tough guy, YES.
Good QB coach? It's wait and see. A monkey would get credit if he coached Watson.

Matter of fact, there's going to be a lot of wait and see from Clemson this year. Having a special player like Watson takes the pressure off of everyone, including the coaches.

What Watson did as an improviser was nothing short of awesome, and you can't teach that. The loss of Mike Williams will hurt their receiving group, as he bailed Watson out on many many many bad throws. The next QB won't have that benefit.

Clemson will be good, they have the players to be real good, but you can't win big without a special guy playing QB and the guys they have trying to get the job have skills but they aren't Watson, at least not yet.

Just last year on this same board there was a post explaining that Watson was no better than Perry Orth. Now he is an irreplaceable first round talent that will never come around to Clemson again. I agree he is a special talent, but good teams can win without a superstar at QB. Just take a look at what Alabama did last season.

I do think the QB position at Clemson will take a drop off, but the defense is going to be better than it has been in the last 2 years. Clemson may not win as many shootouts, but they probably still have at least 10 wins this year. If they win the ACC they are probably right back in the playoff, even if they lose a game early.

I agree that Mike Williams bailed Watson out with some big catches, but to act like there are no more WR's on the roster is also not accurate. Clemson will line up with Deon Cain (5-star), Ray Ray McCloud (5-star), Tee Higgens (5-star), Cornell Powell (4-star), Amari Rogers (4-star), Diondre Overton (4-star), and some scrub named Renfrow all on the roster this season.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT