ADVERTISEMENT

20 years of FGF. I would like to thank the folks from the very early days for creating the site

Really?! He & I were here at the same time. Why'd you figure that?
I remember meeting Plano, Ercoupe and several others for spring game back in the day. My original sign in was Pettyfan. Great group of guys, funny times don't change much because argument was Phil Petty would be replaced by Keith Matkins, Fuller etc...Backup qb always the favorite, some things never change!!!

Reactions: rogue cock
I think I started in 99 sometime and was using the name trailblazer at the time. Lots of great times doing the DP nights. Good times back in the day.

I’m also a 99er. Does anybody remember the chat rooms ? If I recall, Coupe moderated them. He kicked me out of one once when I accidentally left my computer on and my UGA bull puppy brother-in-law jumped on there and started talking crap. I almost lost my FGF privileges before convincing Coupe it wasn’t me !

Love the site and this board never lacks in entertainment value...its gotten me through many bathroom breaks to say the least.
I read for many years before deciding to post and I proudly made it through my fist 50 or so posts avoiding the "tater" label too which I'm pretty proud of but then again I do register as a moderate Sunshine Pumper Party member.

Whatever Tater

lol

It was my pleasure to help Shoe and crew add and build the site....Remember The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly as Lou was trying to build a program !?!
I joined in 98.

Aging here no doubt. =;-p

First time I logged on it was through a dial up connection and default was still thread view. I remember meeting @FGF Supercock and maybe another poster or two at the "Rally round the Gamecocks" thing they used to have after practice on Thursdays
I loved the old thread view default! I was on here a long time before the famed 9/11 thread. I wasn't on it, but I think I recall there was a bulletin board(?) originally, and I came on not too long after it transformed into a website. Didn't post much early on, there were plenty of great posters back then that kept the riff-raff away. A lot of them moved to the pay board and the quality here suffered for a while.

I think I joined before Lou was hired because I was hearing rumors about it. I know the "joined" date I have doesn't match up to that. At that time this was the only place online to get information about Gamecock sports since I'm out of state.

Is Rusty still alive? I had heard he was very ill. Trooper Del died several years ago in Chicago. We met up in NYC for burgers and beer iaround the turn of the century.

I’m also a 99er. Does anybody remember the chat rooms ? If I recall, Coupe moderated them. He kicked me out of one once when I accidentally left my computer on and my UGA bull puppy brother-in-law jumped on there and started talking crap. I almost lost my FGF privileges before convincing Coupe it wasn’t me !
I was in just about every one of those chats.

It was my pleasure to help Shoe and crew add and build the site....Remember The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly as Lou was trying to build a program !?!
Bass Cock you kinda full of yourself aren't you. What you say may be true are may not be true. Anyways I choose to believe you and that makes you my hero.

and providing the hands down go to place for Gamecock sports, especially for those of us living out of state. Congratulations, and many more years.
And FWIW, I first joined in early 1999 after I moved to Florida.

I joined in '98 or '99. I am friends with Bunzcock, so I used to attend all the Friday lunches at the Catawba Fish Camp. I got to meet a lot of posters at these lunches. I can't believe nobody has mentioned Classicgirl. She announced she was going to attend one of the lunches and about half the board showed up.

I joined in '98 or '99. I am friends with Bunzcock, so I used to attend all the Friday lunches at the Catawba Fish Camp. I got to meet a lot of posters at these lunches. I can't believe nobody has mentioned Classicgirl. She announced she was going to attend one of the lunches and about half the board showed up.
Poultrygeist-we need to have another Fish Camp Friday. I’m about to retire, maybe I can help set something up this fall.? Tell Bunz I said hello

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT