ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Schedule--What You Think? Bash Away

Jan 20, 2002
1 UNC--Win, will be a shootout but should win
2 Kentucky--Win, home field makes the difference
3 Georgia--Loss, home field and I think they are just more talented at this point
4 UCF--Win, will be hard for them in Columbia
5 Mizzou--Loss, they are better than people give them credit for
6 LSU--Loss, not sure the defense can stop a physical running team for 4 quarters
7 Vandy--Win, they will be awful again
8 Texas A&M--Loss, tough place to play and it will be the first trip there
9 Tennessee--Loss, they are stockpiling talent and they have won the last two with lesser teams
10 Florida--Win, Florida is probably a year away from being relevant again
11 The Citadel--Win, just dont get anyone hurt
12 Clemson--Loss, until the QB situation gets settled after the spring

Prediction: 6-6
Certain Wins: Kentucky, UCF, Vandy, The Citadel
Certain Losses: None
Probable Wins: UNC, Florida
Probable Losses: Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M
Toss Ups: Mizzou, LSU, Clemson

Worst Case: 4-8
Best Case: 9-3

Originally posted by AAAA Baseball Fan:
3 Georgia--Loss, home field and I think they are just more talented at this point
6 LSU--Loss, not sure the defense can stop a physical running team for 4 quarters
9 Tennessee--Loss, they are stockpiling talent and they have won the last two with lesser teams

Great minds think alike, my friend. I've been predicting the exact same Wins & Losses as you. I differ a bit in the categories you've created though;

Certain Wins: Vandy, The Citadel
Probable Wins: Kentucky, UCF, North Carolina
Toss Up: Florida
Probable Losses: Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, LSU, Texas A&M, Clemson

I agree with your Best Case and Worst Case records, I agree with your 6-6 prediction, and I agree exactly with your projected wins (UNC, Kentucky, UCF, Vandy, Florida, The Citadel) and losses (UGA, Tennessee, Missouri, LSU, Texas A&M, Clemson).

I would put Mizzou and Tenn. in the win column. No way Spurrier will lose to Tenn for a 3rd year in a row. I agree with everything else.

Not an unreasonable pick, but I'm going to take a more optimistic approach. I think we improve next year....not by leaps and bounds...but we do make some improvements. I'm taking your schedule and I'm adding two wins. I think we beat LSU finally.....at some point we are due to beat these guys. I think this is the year with the game at home and LSU not at a national championship caliber level. I also think we take Clemson. Their drop off on defense will be painful and I could see us winning a close, ugly one at home. We finish 8-4 and head to the Outback Bowl excited for the next year.

Please don't call me a sunshine pumper. I'm just trying to be an optimistic fan. Hopeful that Connor Mitch does a decent job at QB, that the OL performs reasonably well and the new recruits on defense and coaching additions allow us to make great strides there.

Originally posted by gamecockjosh:

Not an unreasonable pick, but I'm going to take a more optimistic approach. I think we improve next year....not by leaps and bounds...but we do make some improvements. I'm taking your schedule and I'm adding two wins. I think we beat LSU finally.....at some point we are due to beat these guys. I think this is the year with the game at home and LSU not at a national championship caliber level. I also think we take Clemson. Their drop off on defense will be painful and I could see us winning a close, ugly one at home. We finish 8-4 and head to the Outback Bowl excited for the next year.

Please don't call me a sunshine pumper. I'm just trying to be an optimistic fan. Hopeful that Connor Mitch does a decent job at QB, that the OL performs reasonably well and the new recruits on defense and coaching additions allow us to make great strides there.
Bartender.....I'll have what he's having, & make it a double.

I don't think 8-4 is unreasonable. We have alot of bodies coming in on defense that could help right away. Our secondary should be better and our lb's can be good if the d-line shows improvement and holds up blockers. Now, we need a solid addition to defensive staff before I think we make much improvement but hopefully that is coming.

Offense, just don't know. Qb is big question mark, rb is stable, o-line will be ok, TE solid and wr we have Pharoah but need others to help.

I wouldn't put LSU in winners column and I wouldn't put Clemson in loss column. Their d takes a big hit and what are odds their QB makes it thru season without injury? Heck, with knee surgery who knows how he repsonds? Without him they are in tank big time.

To OP: you look awfully right - right now, but the thing I love most about college football is its unpredictability. We'll see, but for now, I'll just say a 'decent' season hangs on whether we beat Tennessee AND Clemson.

Well let's consider that we choked games away instead of being just blown off the field like against Clemson and to a lesser extent Auburn. Many of our games were definitely winnable (Mizzou, Tenn, etc.) and we just didn't come through.

So you can bet on a few of those close games being wins in our favor next year, I think 8-4 is a reasonable prediction. If it's 6-6, changes need to be made.

UNC W
Kentucky W
Georgia L
UCF W
Mizzou W
LSU L
Vandy W
aTm L
Florida W
Tennessee W
The Citadel W
clemson W

9-3/10-3 with bowl win

This post was edited on 1/27 11:49 AM by TrailerParkBoy

My first thought was 8-4, with our four losses being all the conference road games. If we can steal one of those, I see the SEC East being enough of a clusterf**k that 9-3 (5-3) could put us in Atlanta.

I think we'll somehow go 7-5 with the extra win being over Clemson. I think they will look at lot like they did with Boyd next year. Point machine offense, average defense.

I'd also mark Texas A&M as a certain loss. I think that's a bad match up for us and will be extra hard on the road.

1 UNC-- Win. Tough game. Their tempo and our reputation for being unprepared and not in shape makes this a probable win at best.
3 Georgia--Loss, away game and I think they are just more talented at this point
5 Mizzou--Loss. Not much separating these teams anymore so an away game means a probable loss.
9 Tennessee--Loss, they are stockpiling talent and they have won the last two with lesser teams. Plus it's another away game. I'm not even putting this one in the probable win column.
12 Clemson--Toss up. But the loss from last year should motivate our guys. At least it had better.

Prediction: 7-5
Certain Losses: UT/ Texas A&M/ UGA
Probable Losses: LSU/ Mizzou
Toss Ups: Clemson

Worst Case: 5-7

One huge reason I'm taking a wait and see. What player is in that weight room right now pushing those other guys? Who are our leaders? I can see a few on D that could be but what about on offense? I feel that leadership has taken a dive in the last couple of years.

Impossible to even predict right now

1. We have no idea who or whom the QB rotation is going to be.
2. We have an influx of new faces that are upgrades on the defense.
3. We will have a shuffling of the defensive coaching staff after NSD.

I'll wait until after the Spring Game before I'd even to attempt to predict our season.

IF - and that is a big IF - we find a qb that really does well and can carry this team, we could win a few more and we could maybe somehow pull out 10-2, but generally agree with you. If qb never gets going, we could very well be looking at 6-6 or even 5-7.
Wins - NC, Kensucky, UCF, Vandy, Florida, Citadel
Toss up's - Jawja (we ALWAYS play them close), Mizzou, ClemTech (they cant lose as much as they are losing and be anywhere near as good), Tennis-she.
Loss - LSU (sorry, I dont see us beating them), Tx. A&M

1 UNC--Win
2 Kentucky--Win
3 Georgia--Win
4 UCF--Win
5 Mizzou--Win
6 LSU--Win
7 Vandy--Win
8 Texas A&M--Win
9 Tennessee--Win
10 Florida--Win
11 The Citadel--Win
12 Clemson--Win

See, I can make random predictions too!

Wow, some really wishful fans here. I'm not very optimistic about next season. Honestly, I don't see our defense making any big strides forward without any difference makers on that side of the ball, and our offense is going to nose-dive unless there is something special out there at QB that nobody has seen yet.

1. UNC (Neutral site)- We will probably win this one, but I'm not terribly confident
2. Kentucky (Home)- I'd like to think we win this game, home field will probably help
3. UGA (Away)- No chance, they roll us
4. UCF (Home)- Likely win, but this team is better than ECU and S. Alabama
5. Missouri (Away)- They win this one
6. LSU (Home)- Nope.
7. Vandy (Home)- They're a mess right now, we win
8. A&M (Away)- Nope.
9. Tennessee (Away)- They're going to challenge UGA for the east this year, I think they beat us handily
10. Florida (Home)- They're a mess, but they have a ton of talent. I think they will be better this year, and I'll punt on calling this one either way
11. Citadel (Home)- Easy win
12. Clemson (Home)- If Watson stays healthy next season, I expect their offense will be really good. Their defense won't be as good, but I don't think they'll suck it up like ours did this season. They probably get a second in a row.

I see 5-7 or 6-6

13-0 after the SEC CG win, headed to the playoffs as heavy favorites- CHAMPIONSHIIIIIIPP

Originally posted by AAAA Baseball Fan:

Agree with you almost, more like 5-7, losing to Florida. They will be better and our defense will be the same. UNC may be trouble to with a first time QB starter, so it could go to 4-8.

Maybe it was be the opposite of last year! There were a lot of expectations last year and we didn't live up to them. With low expectations, we turn it around! Trying to be optimistic!

You dont have to be a genius to realise that the reason we lost or choked awsy 4-5 games last year was due to a defense that at times couldnt have stopped a girl scout troop. We had defecincies. And to mske it worse, instead of just practicing fundamentals and making who we had better, we tried to make up for those deficiencies by dabbling with the 3-4 before ultimately switching back to 4-2-5....

So, what im getting at is the natural edge rushers we have coming in, the year more experienced dbs, safeties, and lbs we should be more talented. Also more in tune schematically since we will teach, practice 4-2-5 from day one. But....then we have to find a qb....

My thoughts are with good production 8-4 or 9-3. Without, 6-6 or 7-5.
Im sorry i just dont see us losing to tenn,mizzou,clem,lsu, ga and a&m with these guys a year older and new talent. We will win one or two of these gsmes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT