ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 MBB Greatest in USC History?

RaleighGC

Oct 22, 2008
In a few short hours the Gamecocks could be invited to the dance. Should they receive the invite this would be the 9th team to make the post season. Many folks are predicting and 8-9 seed which would place the team as the 7th best team in our history. Should they win an opening round game, they are top 3 material. Should they make the sweet 16 they are the G.O.A.T..........Discuss.

So we're doing the "if we make to" scenario to call them GOAT. Let it play out first. Right now they aren't.

Reactions: Lakecock1
No. If by some miracle this team makes the round of 16, which would take an incredible amount of luck in the seeding matchups, and probably divine intervention, anyone that has a clue about basketball knows full well that this team can't hold a candle to McGuires power teams, or even Foglers real good teams for that matter.

When Allen got his girlfriend pregnant his Sr year at Hillcrest, I thought maybe he might be motivated to stay close, but still no chance.

When Allen got his girlfriend pregnant his Sr year at Hillcrest, I thought maybe he might be motivated to stay close, but still no chance.
BJ did the same thing but obviously stayed close. I grew up playing rec league at Seven Oaks in Irmo with him and graduated with his first cousin,Corey, at Dutch Fork.

Reactions: QC Cock
BJ did the same thing but obviously stayed close. I grew up playing rec league at Seven Oaks in Irmo with him and graduated with his first cousin,Corey, at Dutch Fork.

Did you go to his and Brittany's wedding in 2010? Hands down the largest wedding I've ever attended. Food at the reception was great, and I sat at the same table as Mike Boynton, Jr. Justin was still early in high school.

In a few short hours the Gamecocks could be invited to the dance. Should they receive the invite this would be the 9th team to make the post season. Many folks are predicting and 8-9 seed which would place the team as the 7th best team in our history. Should they win an opening round game, they are top 3 material. Should they make the sweet 16 they are the G.O.A.T..........Discuss.

I was being serious.....

Reactions: USC1832
This team has definitely catapulted itself to either 3rd or 4th, with the other ones in the mix being 70, 71, 97.

No. If by some miracle this team makes the round of 16, which would take an incredible amount of luck in the seeding matchups, and probably divine intervention, anyone that has a clue about basketball knows full well that this team can't hold a candle to McGuires power teams, or even Foglers real good teams for that matter.
I wonder how the McKies feel about this.wouldnt it be great to hear from BJ. How proud he must be for his son.

I wasn't around in the early 70's, but I like this team better than the 1997 team because they have stepped up their game when it counted. We had better shooters on the 1997 team, but this team plays much better defense and I believe is better coached. When we are shooting well, we are practically unbeatable. I'm not sure there is a team in the country that could have hung with us in the second half last night.

I wonder how the McKies feel about this.wouldnt it be great to hear from BJ. How proud he must be for his son.

BJ can clearly be seen in the fan video on the Gamecock Basketball twitter page. Sitting right in front of Perry Dozier.

No this team didn't win the conference nor the conference tournament...Winning 2 tournament games is absolutely terrific...

Reactions: vehemon
If they keep pushing and make it to the Final Four... I'll be happy to support that statement.
I agree. Can't figure out at this point if this team had an underachieving February or if they are over-achieving now. If they win one or two more, I'm inclined to say this is one awesome team that just had a bad stretch in February.

Reactions: DrMickey
I'll agree with Final Four equals the best.

I still have this team behind Foglers SEC champs with BJ McKie (even with the Coppen State debacle) for nearly running the table in a deep SEC, including 2 wins over a great Kentucky team. And my dad probably has at least one of McGuires teams ahead. But reach the Final Four next weekend and that equals a conference championship at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT