ADVERTISEMENT

2018 .... Can we all Agree

1. If Champ wins 9 or 10 games this year all of us that cried when he was hired (Myself included) are wrong and ray knows way more than we do . Champ has done a phenomenal job to this point given the cards he was dealt and expectation should be high
2. If Bentley struggles all of the .. Jake should still be in High School BS won’t fly . Besides Drew Locke he is the most experience QB in the conference and the excuses are over . He either can play or he can’t . Put up or Shut up
3. If this team flounders and goes 6-6 or worse , the blame Spurrier excuse is over . This is Champs team with Champs players and this is the easiest SEC schedule we have ever played . If we flop it’s all on Champ .
4. If the offense finishes in the bottom half of the SEC again , Then the problem is not the talent or the Coordinator . If 4 OC’s can’t get it done in your system then we know what the problem is .
5. Not expecting to beat UGA or Clemson but we should be able to compete and hang in both games . If we get squashed in Death Valley again this year then no matter what our record is .. people are not gonna be happy . The talent gap is still a mile wide but we can all agree that we should be able to at least hang in with both teams
6 Beating Kentucky is a Nonnegotiable this year . I would rather slam my fingers in a sliding glass door over and over again for an hour over watching us lose to Kentucky again .

Agree or Disagree .
#4 sort of assumes we couldn't get two inept coordinators in a row. That's not necessarily so. We don't know yet. But by and large, I think your conclusions are reasonable.

Michigan was 8-5 last year and NC State was 9-4 in the ACC...I wouldn’t call those statement wins. Ones we could have lost but won for sure.
Well, we only had 2 chances at a statement win then buddy. Georgia and Clemson. One was in the CFP and the other played for the national championship. Pretty hard to get a statement win. I consider anytime we win at Tennessee and beat Florida those are statement wins regardless of the situation. Michigan was a statement win and NC State was s very good win.

Well, we only had 2 chances at a statement win then buddy. Georgia and Clemson. One was in the CFP and the other played for the national championship. Pretty hard to get a statement win. I consider anytime we win at Tennessee and beat Florida those are statement wins regardless of the situation. Michigan was a statement win and NC State was s very good win.
Michigan stated to me that we could beat a team good enough to go 8-5 team away from home but not necessarily on the opponent's field. Tennessee stated to me that Butch Jones was on his way out, as did Florida with respect to McElwain. Statement wins have to come against teams that are definitely good right then.

Michigan stated to me that we could beat a team good enough to go 8-5 team away from home but not necessarily on the opponent's field. Tennessee stated to me that Butch Jones was on his way out, as did Florida with respect to McElwain. Statement wins have to come against teams that are definitely good right then.

Need to make a statement in Kentucky........

Tenn and UF both had fired or were about to fire their coaches because they were garbage. Tenn was actually a bad win because we struggled so much. Texas A and M wouldn’t of been a huge upset but it would have put us above the middle of the pack in the SEC.

Reactions: king ward
Tenn and UF both had fired or were about to fire their coaches because they were garbage. Tenn was actually a bad win because we struggled so much. Texas A and M wouldn’t of been a huge upset but it would have put us above the middle of the pack in the SEC.
There were no statement wins in 2017. There could be one the second week of 2018.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
Hiring Muschamp. We could have done a lot worse. He is getting better quality football players.He and his staff work tirelessly on recruiting. Now it's time to put them on the field and hope it translates into wins.

Reactions: king ward
1. If Champ wins 9 or 10 games this year all of us that cried when he was hired (Myself included) are wrong and ray knows way more than we do . Champ has done a phenomenal job to this point given the cards he was dealt and expectation should be high
2. If Bentley struggles all of the .. Jake should still be in High School BS won’t fly . Besides Drew Locke he is the most experience QB in the conference and the excuses are over . He either can play or he can’t . Put up or Shut up
3. If this team flounders and goes 6-6 or worse , the blame Spurrier excuse is over . This is Champs team with Champs players and this is the easiest SEC schedule we have ever played . If we flop it’s all on Champ .
4. If the offense finishes in the bottom half of the SEC again , Then the problem is not the talent or the Coordinator . If 4 OC’s can’t get it done in your system then we know what the problem is .
5. Not expecting to beat UGA or Clemson but we should be able to compete and hang in both games . If we get squashed in Death Valley again this year then no matter what our record is .. people are not gonna be happy . The talent gap is still a mile wide but we can all agree that we should be able to at least hang in with both teams
6 Beating Kentucky is a Nonnegotiable this year . I would rather slam my fingers in a sliding glass door over and over again for an hour over watching us lose to Kentucky again .

Agree or Disagree .
Until champ beats CleMson he has underachieved

I would like us to beat teams we should beat. Last year we almost lost to Louisiana Tech, blew it at A&M and now UK is looking down us. I know we feel we are improving but I am sure they feel the same way about there teams. A UK loss is very likely in Lexington.
maybe but every article i see on that game last year was we laid a big fat egg and i totally agree with that....they need to amend that this year

Until champ beats CleMson he has underachieved
i have never heard anything further from the truth....do we wanna beat em? absolutely...do we have comparable talent? hell no and it aint champs fault....we are recruiting as well as we ever have,but have you even looked at their recruiting? if he beats clemson this year he will be overachieving by a large margin.....unfortunately, thats just the way it is....just have to tip your hat to them, plain and simple....and there is not another legitimate way to look at it

i have never heard anything further from the truth....do we wanna beat em? absolutely...do we have comparable talent? hell no and it aint champs fault....we are recruiting as well as we ever have,but have you even looked at their recruiting? if he beats clemson this year he will be overachieving by a large margin.....unfortunately, thats just the way it is....just have to tip your hat to them, plain and simple....and there is not another legitimate way to look at it

I understand and am not oblivious to them, but can't tip my hat, never have never will. this is an us and them sorta deal.
Happy Thanksgiving
here is to the journey.

Reactions: jonesz21

Agree or Disagree .

I was one of about 3 people defending it. Remember that day well getting into it with a few posters. I just felt he was what we needed. I also felt he learned from Fla situation and knew he could recruit. Many of our fans were adamant it was a huge mistake.

Understand that sentiment but that is a little unfair. Programs were so far apart when Champ got here. He has overachieved not underachieved

Ok. I give you that but at some point in the near future we have to beat them. Most coaches jobs ride on rivalry games sad but true. Most coaches legacy is determined by rivalry games.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

I agree. My only issue was how poorly we played against Clempson. Not that we lost. Will has grown as a coach. He gets it. And I wouldn't give Ray too much credit because at the end of the day Will was the only real viable option. Most coaches could see what bad shape we were in and not excited to take on this opportunity. Will needed this job badly.

Reactions: jonesz21

Agree or Disagree .
Agree with every point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT