ADVERTISEMENT

2018 FB Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGC

Oct 22, 2008
Do we have any shot @ Zamir White? A while ago I thought the leaders were UNC, Clem, USC, and UGA. What about KJ Henry?

Would be a sweet set up with XT, White, Henry, Hollifeld, Joyner.

One can dream eh

White and Henry are almost assuredly Clemson Bound

4 GA experts crystal balled White to Clemson yesterday if that tells you anything

XT would likely be a Gamecock if he had to pick today but it's closer than y'all think. Henry and Thomas play on opposite sides of the line so they won't effect each other's decisions

Well that sounds terrible. I assume the legacy Wynn is there as well, odd that he hasn't pulled the trigger.

Probably not with Henry or Zamir but you never know with Muschamp.

No shot at White, IMHO, it's a UGA vs Clemson battle with Bama as a darkhorse.

White and Henry are almost assuredly Clemson Bound

4 GA experts crystal balled White to Clemson yesterday if that tells you anything

XT would likely be a Gamecock if he had to pick today but it's closer than y'all think. Henry and Thomas play on opposite sides of the line so they won't effect each other's decisions

He is already purchased, but I am not sure it is by clemson at this point. Clemson winning over bama may result in him returning the money though.

Well that sounds terrible. I assume the legacy Wynn is there as well, odd that he hasn't pulled the trigger.

Yes. Clemsux bound. White likely to Clemsux and if not Ga or Bama. We need to get Joyner. Sandidge XT and Hollifield

"you can't always get what you want....you can't always get what you want...YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED"...

relax my Gamecock brethren..we'll have a top 10 recruiting class...XT will be a Gamecock along with Rick Sandidge and several other prime time ballers..The south is loaded with prime defensive players this year...We'll get our share...

I heard we have a good shot at getting Dax holifeild. He was at the Tennessee game. Him XT would be huge for are defense.

It's ridiculous to think they could actually get 5* commitments from
Trevor Lawrence
XT
Zamir White
KJ Henry

And they only plan on taking 10-12 players. So 1/4 of that class could be 5* talent? Ridiculous. Muschamp better start maximizing the gray area if we plan on competing.

It's ridiculous to think they could actually get 5* commitments from
Trevor Lawrence
XT
Zamir White
KJ Henry

And they only plan on taking 10-12 players. So 1/4 of that class could be 5* talent? Ridiculous. Muschamp better start maximizing the gray area if we plan on competing.

Not counting Wynn and Belk who are very good players. Hope it's not over with Belk. Wynn is probably a done deal

The gap is not closing. Better get to work.
uh duh...you know that how??? For all we know the Gamecocks could beat them this fall...It would not surprise me one bit...I have loved and watched football all my life..I know how fast these things turn around...No need to panic...There are a lot of good people in our program working extraordinarily hard to right the ship...I HAVE FAITH

Reactions: BigTomE
uh duh...you know that how??? For all we know the Gamecocks could beat them this fall...It would not surprise me one bit...I have loved and watched football all my life..I know how fast these things turn around...No need to panic...There are a lot of good people in our program working extraordinarily hard to right the ship...I HAVE FAITH

I like your enthusiasm but the talent gap is huge between us and Clemson. I don't see us beating them again for a while. They recruit on an elite level. We don't. Muschamp needs to hit a grand slam in this next recruiting class!

Reactions: freekoffhisleash
I like your enthusiasm but the talent gap is huge between us and Clemson. I don't see us beating them again for a while. They recruit on an elite level. We don't. Muschamp needs to hit a grand slam in this next recruiting class!

Your posts seems more like wishful thinking to me...On what level does Pitt recruit? How about NCSt who choked a 28 yd field goal as time expired to give you a game you actually lost...On what level does Troy and Louisville recruit...Football games are played on the field and that's real...

In a one game scenario a less talented team can beat the more talented one. Over the course of this time the more talented team will beat the less talented one more often if things like coaching are even. For instance, do you recall the laughter when Dabo said they would beat fsu 5 out of 10 times and this was after losing somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 points? Talent wins. Don't kid yourself.

Your posts seems more like wishful thinking to me...On what level does Pitt recruit? How about NCSt who choked a 28 yd field goal as time expired to give you a game you actually lost...On what level does Troy and Louisville recruit...Football games are played on the field and that's real...

In a one game scenario a less talented team can beat the more talented one. Over the course of this time the more talented team will beat the less talented one more often if things like coaching are even. For instance, do you recall the laughter when Dabo said they would beat fsu 5 out of 10 times and this was after losing somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 points? Talent wins. Don't kid yourself.

You are talking in circles...Talent is relative...It's not like they have it all and we have none..We don't play seven game series...It's who plays the best on gameday...Coaching, mistakes, turnovers and yes talent go into determining the outcomes of games..If the most talented team always won, Alabama would win it every year and Ohio St would be right behind them...

I don't think the so called "talent gap" is as huge a some think..Last season they were certainly more talented...The big difference was they were more experienced and physically stronger in the trenches...Those issues must be addressed during the off season...We have enough talent to beat them...We will see how fast our young players can grow up and get a little nasty in them

Next years class is gonna be 100% dependent on the product we put on the field this year . If we make some noise in the East I think we have a shot at just about anybody . If we lay an egg against NC State on opening night and stumble thru the season then we are screwed with the blue chippers . Hate to say it but unlike most , I don't see Clemson being down next year . Even without Deshaun and others they are still LOADED on Defense and have a ton of skill players coming in . We gotta bring it on the field this season or we are gonna miss the train . 5 star players aren't interested in 3 star teams so we gotta raise the bar this year .

They were more talented in every position group. Qb was the difference maker for the last three years. Want to win the sec and national championship? Better be in the top 10 in recruiting. Nope, not exact science but every single national championship winner since 1995 has had at least one top 10 class in its most recent 5 years leading up to winning. Usually it is multiple.

QUOTE="lawcalcock, post: 3166103, member: 94893"]You are talking in circles...Talent is relative...It's not like they have it all and we have none..We don't play seven game series...It's who plays the best on gameday...Coaching, mistakes, turnovers and yes talent go into determining the outcomes of games..If the most talented team always won, Alabama would win it every year and Ohio St would be right behind them...

I don't think the so called "talent gap" is as huge a some think..Last season they were certainly more talented...The big difference was they were more experienced and physically stronger in the trenches...Those issues must be addressed during the off season...We have enough talent to beat them...We will see how fast our young players can grow up and get a little nasty in them[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Shadow86
NOo NOo. Why do u come on a gamecock board so often ? Just curious. It's not about being a " realist " or everyone not knowing last year taters were more talented etc. If these were going to be your responses. It just seems mainly u talk about taters or talk down about gamecocks. So just curious is all

Next years class is gonna be 100% dependent on the product we put on the field this year . If we make some noise in the East I think we have a shot at just about anybody . If we lay an egg against NC State on opening night and stumble thru the season then we are screwed with the blue chippers . Hate to say it but unlike most , I don't see Clemson being down next year . Even without Deshaun and others they are still LOADED on Defense and have a ton of skill players coming in . We gotta bring it on the field this season or we are gonna miss the train . 5 star players aren't interested in 3 star teams so we gotta raise the bar this year .

You hit the nail on the head, Muschamp is recruiting off of playing time and promise. You come here and start right way (still beyond me how HN went the other way because of this) and that he is building a program that will pay off by the time these guys leave. This promise only holds if he gets better every year. Stats must be better, record must be better. Drop to a middle of the road ACC team and it will be an uphill fight keeping momentum.

I like where we stand with XT and Joyner would consider both basically locks (as long as USC upholds their side of the bargain - show the promise next year) XT wants to be a GC. We all know it, he just is not sold 100% on the staff. He wants to be. Win 8 games and he is Carolina bound, win 5 and he is not. Joyner likes the situation at Carolina, so might get him either way. That kid was a Clemson lock up until the day they said no to QB, which means he is more easily swayed dependent on situation. If both of these kids do not sign with Carolina, the coaches dropped the ball IMO.

As for White, Henry, this team better play out of their heads to get a real look. Out of state guys do not go to 6-6 teams (not $ure how that could have ever happened in the past) I think Dax is a long shot but if you have seen the video he put out last year burning Clemson stuff before the ACC championship it makes you love the kid. Makes you wonder if he is already sold going to VT but makes you love him.

How do you quantify or qualify that statement, because we have no verbal commitments?
I see this a possibly a really good sign. This would still be early compared to last year, but the staff was jumping on borderline prospects last year early in the cycle, I think, to build some momentum., The fact that they are not doing that this year, would be a big step forward.

Reactions: Gradstudent
I don't think the so called "talent gap" is as huge a some think..Last season they were certainly more talented...The big difference was they were more experienced and physically stronger in the trenches...Those issues must be addressed during the off season...We have enough talent to beat them...We will see how fast our young players can grow up and get a little nasty in them
I definitely agree with both of these statements. The OL/DL issue is not something that gets fixed in a year's time, unfortunately. Great speed will help this year. We don't play games on paper, but we are overmatched there again for sure.

You hit the nail on the head, Muschamp is recruiting off of playing time and promise. You come here and start right way (still beyond me how HN went the other way because of this) and that he is building a program that will pay off by the time these guys leave. This promise only holds if he gets better every year. Stats must be better, record must be better. Drop to a middle of the road ACC team and it will be an uphill fight keeping momentum.

I like where we stand with XT and Joyner would consider both basically locks (as long as USC upholds their side of the bargain - show the promise next year) XT wants to be a GC. We all know it, he just is not sold 100% on the staff. He wants to be. Win 8 games and he is Carolina bound, win 5 and he is not. Joyner likes the situation at Carolina, so might get him either way. That kid was a Clemson lock up until the day they said no to QB, which means he is more easily swayed dependent on situation. If both of these kids do not sign with Carolina, the coaches dropped the ball IMO.

As for White, Henry, this team better play out of their heads to get a real look. Out of state guys do not go to 6-6 teams (not $ure how that could have ever happened in the past) I think Dax is a long shot but if you have seen the video he put out last year burning Clemson stuff before the ACC championship it makes you love the kid. Makes you wonder if he is already sold going to VT but makes you love him.

I see this a possibly a really good sign. This would still be early compared to last year, but the staff was jumping on borderline prospects last year early in the cycle, I think, to build some momentum., The fact that they are not doing that this year, would be a big step forward.
Totally agree with you . Also if Jake has a big season it could really influence Joyner's decision . Knowing that Jake could possibly leave after his JR year would give Joyner some incentive of earlier than expected playing time . NC State game is really big . If we go up there and get Destroyed on national TV opening night then a lot of Recruits are going to mark us off the list . Gotta come out of the gate strong .

Henry and white major longsgot. Better chance for us to get back in with Belk

White and Henry are going to be wearing orange. Joyner will be a Gamecock. XT is a complete toss up. If we can get to 8 or o wins and Clemson falls down to 8 or 9 next year, I think he comes to Columbia. It's going to be really fun in this state watching Lawrence and Joyner going head to head.

White and Henry are going to be wearing orange. Joyner will be a Gamecock. XT is a complete toss up. If we can get to 8 or o wins and Clemson falls down to 8 or 9 next year, I think he comes to Columbia. It's going to be really fun in this state watching Lawrence and Joyner going head to head.

Dude please...XT is a Gamecock lock...He and Sandidge will anchor a great Gamecock Dline...Belk will be hard to turn away from tater tech..But Boom will give it his best shot...There is a wealth of defensive talent in our primary recruiting areas...We'll get our share

You are talking in circles...Talent is relative...It's not like they have it all and we have none..We don't play seven game series...It's who plays the best on gameday...Coaching, mistakes, turnovers and yes talent go into determining the outcomes of games..If the most talented team always won, Alabama would win it every year and Ohio St would be right behind them...

I agree with you that anything can happen on any given Saturday, Clemson is losing a great qb who made them much better, a good tough runner. But at this point, their DC is showing he is one of the best in college football at making adjustments, I am not sold on their OC just yet, much of their offense was drop back, look around and Watson running for a first down, basically playground ball. I think Dabo is clueless as a coach, he is more a cheerleader, but he is great at hiring assistants, especially cooridnators.. Clemson will still have an elite defense, unless you are a power team and then they tend to back off a little, look at the differenece when Scarbourgh went out, last time we played, they weren't even trying to tackle Gurley or Chubb in the 4th quarter, But they are one of the more talented rosters in college, Dabo's goofy ways, or whatever it is keeps kids coming in at a high level. Until they are caught cheating again, and I think most believe they are, why else would a kid from want to spend time at a place where the vast majority of their fans wouldn't give them a ride if they were walking down the road in a lightening storm? USC will have a tough time pullling out a win this fall against them, but I do think they drop off a good bit offensively.

I agree with you that anything can happen on any given Saturday, Clemson is losing a great qb who made them much better, a good tough runner. But at this point, their DC is showing he is one of the best in college football at making adjustments, I am not sold on their OC just yet, much of their offense was drop back, look around and Watson running for a first down, basically playground ball. I think Dabo is clueless as a coach, he is more a cheerleader, but he is great at hiring assistants, especially cooridnators.. Clemson will still have an elite defense, unless you are a power team and then they tend to back off a little, look at the differenece when Scarbourgh went out, last time we played, they weren't even trying to tackle Gurley or Chubb in the 4th quarter, But they are one of the more talented rosters in college, Dabo's goofy ways, or whatever it is keeps kids coming in at a high level. Until they are caught cheating again, and I think most believe they are, why else would a kid from want to spend time at a place where the vast majority of their fans wouldn't give them a ride if they were walking down the road in a lightening storm? USC will have a tough time pullling out a win this fall against them, but I do think they drop off a good bit offensively.

Yeah....just imagine what he would have done in an intricate offense like jawja's.

Reactions: cornstock84
So a Georgia fan is accusing the populace in neighboring South Carolina of being more racist....

I wasn't aware that the Savannah River held such racist sway

Unfortunately for your argument, Pitt and Louisville had pretty strong teams. NCST almost always beats Clemson and Troy should have won, but they just caught Clemson off guard. I don't see us sneaking up on them.

FIFY
ur posts seems more like wishful thinking to me...On what level does Oklahoma recruit? How about FSU?...On what level does OSU and Alabama recruit...Football games are played on the field and that's real...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT