ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Football Schedule

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Was looking at this season’s schedule and noticed we have a brutally tough finish.

@ Ole Miss
@ Florida
Chattanooga
@ Clemson

Obviously we should win at home against Chattanooga. But even though Ole Miss and Florida aren’t as strong as they have been in recent years, those will be difficult games to win. Clemson is obviously going to be extremely difficult to win.

I believe a 2-2 record here would be acceptable. 3-1 and we did pretty dang good.

Also, the Marshall game is dangerous coming the week after the UGA game. Whether we win or lose that game agains UGA, we will likely be feeling a bit of a letdown the next week. All of us saw how we played against La Tech last season. If we were to play like that again we could lose.

Hopefully we will improve so much on offense this season that we can have an off day and still outscore a team like Marshall.

Last edited:
Reactions: msc1992
Going into season, I think most would view it as this:

Probable wins = Ole Miss, Chat
Possible wins = UF
Probable Loss = Clemmers

So, 2-2 should be minimum expectation in that stretch. Ole Miss is still in turmoil.

Going into season, I think most would view it as this:

Probable wins = Ole Miss, Chat
Possible wins = UF
Probable Loss = Clemmers

So, 2-2 should be minimum expectation in that stretch. Ole Miss is still in turmoil.

That’s a reasonable expectation. Always interested to see how a team plays on the road. Hoping we are a solid road team. With college baseball basically over I’m already starting to get nervous about football. I love it.

Was looking at this season’s schedule and noticed we have a brutally tough finish.

@ Ole Miss
@ Florida
Chattanooga
@ Clemson

Obviously we should win at home against Chattanooga. But even though Ole Miss and Florida aren’t as strong as they have been in recent years, those will be difficult games to win. Clemson is obviously going to be extremely difficult to win.

I believe a 2-2 record here would be acceptable. 3-1 and we did pretty dang good.

Also, the Marshall game is dangerous coming the week after the UGA game. Whether we win or lose that game agains UGA, we will likely be feeling a bit of a letdown the next week. All of us saw how we played against La Tech last season. If we were to play like that again we could lose.

Hopefully we will improve so much on offense this season that we can have an off day and still outscore a team like Marshall.
3-1...Only loss to Clemson-The Tigers are a CFP participant in 2018. Carolina will get the UK monkey off it’s back and play UGA a fourth quarter game @ Williams-Brice.

Reactions: Carolina4
Actually I think this is the weakest schedule USC has had in quite some time. Ole MIss, A&M, UF all with new coaches and supposedly rebuilding. IMO, we should be underdogs in only the Clemson and the UGA games (Maybe A&M) and every game with the exception of the Clemson game is very winnable...although I'm not giving up on the Clemson game. We will see how the season progresses. I'm not totally sold on UGA, we win that game then we are sitting in the cat bird seat...especially with UGA playing LSU on the road and Auburn.

Actually I think this is the weakest schedule USC has had in quite some time. Ole MIss, A&M, UF all with new coaches and supposedly rebuilding. IMO, we should be underdogs in only the Clemson and the UGA games (Maybe A&M) and every game with the exception of the Clemson game is very winnable...although I'm not giving up on the Clemson game. We will see how the season progresses. I'm not totally sold on UGA, we win that game then we are sitting in the cat bird seat...especially with UGA playing LSU on the road and Auburn.

I definitely agree overall the schedule isn’t that bad. Just difficult in a sense that we don’t have a “meaningful” home game in November. I do believe almost every opponent is capable of beating us but if we play well we should be fine.

3-1...Only loss to Clemson-The Tigers are a CFP participant in 2018. Carolina will get the UK monkey off it’s back and play UGA a fourth quarter game @ Williams-Brice.

Looking at Clemson’s schedule I can’t see how they could lose twice unless they take a solid step back from where they’ve been the past 3 years. I agree with you they are a playoff team. The key game for them is week 2 against A&M. This could be their worst team in the 4 years and they probably still make it. Gotta hope someone like a Syracuse can upset them again. Then us, A&M, or FSU can knock them off. I don’t think FSU will be ready to contend for that division in year 1 under Taggart. I’d prefer celebrating the New Year without Clemson this time around, regardless of how that happens.

I think MO is going to be a tougher game than everybody thinks. They got their act together a lot more in the 2nd half of last season.

They did. I think most feel better with it being at home. They should have a decent offense.

FSU..... were waiting on you

TA&M are ahead of schedule (over UF) with Jimbo and he will make things tought .. glad we get the 1st year one at home.
Ugly and Cow tech are our toughest ones.. 10-2 going into the season... but we shall see what happens after the 1st two games.

Reactions: Pole
The Orange Crush at the end of the season was ridiculous and really unfair for SC.

Still think 3 of 4 road games in November is still a difficult task. Though I am encouraged by everyone’s confidence!

Favorable schedule for sure. Maybe better than last year...we had 9 wins last year and only quality win was Michigan? NC State? Should have beaten A and M and Kentucky...If we played Missouri in November last year we lose, didn’t have an offense to keep up with them and they were running on all cyclinders by that point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT