ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 South Carolina Basketball program

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
This has to be one of the best Jekyll and Hyde team in the country....

So far big wins against:
at Clemson
at Virginia
Kentucky
at TAM

So far bad losses against:
Boston U
Northern Iowa
Houston
Stetson

If we can go 9-9 in the SEC regular season and go 2-1 in the SEC Tourney, then I can actually see us make it to the NCAA's play in game...

Disagree on the bad losses. Northern Iowa and Houston were not bad losses at all. Their current NET rankings are 34 and 37–both would be considered tournament teams. As for the other two “bad” losses? Yes, those were BRUTAL. We’d be sitting at 12-5 right now; not great, but not bad either. We’d also probably be somewhere in the 60 NET ranking range without those two losses. Right now we sit at 98. Not good enough—still have 14 regular season games to play...

Disagree on the bad losses. Northern Iowa and Houston were not bad losses at all. Their current NET rankings are 34 and 37–both would be considered tournament teams. As for the other two “bad” losses? Yes, those were BRUTAL. We’d be sitting at 12-5 right now; not great, but not bad either. We’d also probably be somewhere in the 60 NET ranking range without those two losses. Right now we sit at 98. Not good enough—still have 14 regular season games to play...

They are bad losses... Period!

If you want us to receive an at-large invitation to the NCAA tournament, then our NET rating needs to be better than 34 and 37. So a split in those two games would be ok but losing to both are bad loses.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
We can’t afford to exceed 10 losses, I think 11 is the death nail unless we want to win the SEC tournament, the fewer the losses the less significant a penalty the Stetson Hat

C'mon, ... I can tell ... some of y'all are just trying to make the N.I.T. sound palatable.
Just remember, it doesn't matter what kind of bread it's on or, what kind of condiments you use. A shit sandwich is still a shit sandwich.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I agree; Northern Iowa and Houston are good programs.

C'mon, ... I can tell ... some of y'all are just trying to make the N.I.T. sound palatable.
Just remember, it doesn't matter what kind of bread it's on or, what kind of condiments you use. A shit sandwich is still a shit sandwich.
I know its killing you, we've had a couple of nice wins. Please just try to deal with it.

Last edited:
Beat Auburn and we can get in. But , we dont play well against Bruce Pearl.

Northern Iowa will be in the dance and could win at least one game. There a good team. I say we will lose to Auburn but there over rated. They are not a top 10 team. I say around a top 20 team though.

if you like being put into a rage, watch them....lol....they may be jeckyll and hyde, but the hyde is gonna cost them....they lost to some pretty sorry teams

I know its killing you, we've had a couple of nice wins. Please just try to deal with it.

I certainly can see how some could purposely misinterpret my post that way but, make no mistake, my comment was meant quite literally. Receiving an invitation the N.I.T. does not pardon Frank Martin's continual poor performance as a basketball coach year after year after year nor, would it justify retaining him as a employee at the University of South Carolina.

I enjoyed our upset wins over UVa, Kentucky and Texas A&M with great pleasure and will continue to support and loudly cheer for our teams. However, I would strongly suggest that you cease your false bravado and interest in my well being and increase your concern over the growing acceptance of mediocrity in our men's athletic programs and concentrate on how much longer it will be before you join the ranks of the dissatisfied, as well.Trying to be cute doesn't work and speaks poorly of you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT