ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Heisman Trophy

Mr CockStrong

Jan 2, 2009
The Heisman Trophy has always been, in large part, won on name recognition and exposure in addition to statistical performance. This year, due to COVID, the season has been shortened and there are very few big names held over from 2019. OSU's Justin Fields was probably the leader of the field prior to the Big 10's fatal decision to not have a season and now put the season back in play with an excruciating delay. The other leader is clemP's Trevor Lawrence. And, with the ACC getting underway in early September and other conferences delaying play, he literally had the exposure and his name recognition served up on a platter.

I say all that to say this: It looks 2020 will bring us another painful blow, unless something drastic happens -- another first for our rivals in the NW corner of the state. Their first Heisman Trophy winner.

The Heisman Trophy has always been, in large part, won on name recognition and exposure in addition to statistical performance. This year, due to COVID, the season has been shortened and there are very few big names held over from 2019. OSU's Justin Fields was probably the leader of the field prior to the Big 10's fatal decision to not have a season and now put the season back in play with an excruciating delay. The other leader is clemP's Trevor Lawrence. And, with the ACC getting underway in early September and other conferences delaying play, he literally had the exposure and his name recognition served up on a platter.

I say all that to say this: It looks 2020 will bring us another painful blow, unless something drastic happens -- another first for our rivals in the NW corner of the state. Their first Heisman Trophy winner.
Well if history holds true by 3:30 Saturday one of the Kyles from Florida will be the front runner.

He is probably right but your response is funny as h3ll!

Now if someone in the weakazz ACC can step up and put them on their backs...all Heisman bets are off. Can it happen? :eek:

Reactions: carolinamyke
Mississippi State QB dude. Stats alone. Fabio Clemson won't play enough for the stats in the crappy ACC.
Yep. Heck put fields or Trask or actually many others in that weak conference and they would stroll to a heisman and playoff too.
Sure he’s talented but throwing against Duke and wake forest type secondaries weekly is just a joke. They would easily compete on SEC during this stretch they are on but doubt they would want to. Bama missed playoffs last year but if they played a cup cake schedule no doubt they are in play offs yearly.

Mississippi State QB dude. Stats alone. Fabio Clemson won't play enough for the stats in the crappy ACC.

Ehlinger at Texas has put up 10 TD passes in 2 games. His stats are going to be unwordly if he keeps that up. Texas has to keep winning for him to have a chance, but y'all have SEC blinders on. The Big 12 produces Heismans too. Joe Burrow set the TD pass season record with 60 last year. Ehlinger has a real shot at that.

Reactions: olpolecat
Its TL's trophy to lose. Some can whine about shortened season, easy schedule, etc. Any half informed CFB fan knew barring catastrophe TL would come home with the hardware.

Ehrlinger at UT will put some gaudy numbers, the qb at Miami is putting up impressive numbers as well, and there are sure to be some others who will be mentioned but this outcome is pre ordained.

Ehlinger at Texas has put up 10 TD passes in 2 games. His stats are going to be unwordly if he keeps that up. Texas has to keep winning for him to have a chance, but y'all have SEC blinders on. The Big 12 produces Heismans too. Joe Burrow set the TD pass season record with 60 last year. Ehlinger has a real shot at that.
He's a contender and now they have a leg up with the obvious decline at Oklahoma. It could be their year. I like you, but I hate Texas because of the superior attitude that blew up their former league. I say this even though my nephew teaches there. But they are in a very good position.

I will say this and say it one time. The Heisman trophy will not be Trevor Lawrence. When the dust settles it will

be the qb from Florida or another player.

I will say this and say it one time. The Heisman trophy will not be Trevor Lawrence. When the dust settles it will

be the qb from Florida or another player.

The Florida QB was the Miami QB's backup in high school in Manvel, Texas. He never started a game at QB in high school. Played some, as they blew teams out.

I think Lawrence will likely win it as long as he stays healthy and wins out. I think they’ll want to make a big deal of Clemson’s 1st Heisman winner. Only think I’m hopeful for is the late start brings some major energy from the B1G and Fields has an amazing season. But Dabo is going to do what he can to get Lawrence that Heisman. Even if that means less carries for Etienne.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT