ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2022 WBB Team

I saw both of them on the court after the game having photos taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamekem
Amihere was the best player on the floor in her quarterfinal game for Canada. She had 17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 1 block. If she can channel this while in a Gamecock uniform, everyone else will have a problem.

Amihere was the best player on the floor in her quarterfinal game for Canada. She had 17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 1 block. If she can channel this while in a Gamecock uniform, everyone else will have a problem.
we really shouldn't lose a game this year, this is the most stacked roster in WBB history.

we really shouldn't lose a game this year, this is the most stacked roster in WBB history.
This is a stacked team, but April is when we can make greatness assessments.

I have said this numerous places, UCONN, Stanford, and NCSU are stacked also. Only one starter graduating from Stanford. The other two remain intact and all three added great players. In fact some services ranked UCONN’s recruiting class as good as ours. WE LOST TO ALL THREE LAST YEAR.

I strongly believe we are the best team in the country. However those three have the talent and the depth to beat us. The good news we get to play State and UCONN in the regular season, so we will know where we stand

Great to hear. It all comes down to floor spacing. If she were in a Gamecock uniform, the defender guarding Saxton or Beal or Lele would quickly double and knock the ball out of her hand. I don't mean to knock our forwards, who are all excellent defenders. We were only 1 point away from beating the eventual national champ thanks, in large part, to their contribution. They're very good players, but opposing teams don't respect their shooting. I only bring it up for perspective on Amihere. She is a very difficult player to defend, if she has space to work with it. She can blow past bigger players with her explosive first step and post up smaller players with her length.

Battle for Atlantis brackets have not been announced BUT I am positive Oregon will be in our bracket. Oregon has a regular season game scheduled vs UCONN. Logic says they will not double up and lessen that matchup.

Other 5 teams are Oklahoma(they cancelled with us in tourney, Covid) Syracuse(Cardodso angle) South Florida(In The AAC former UCONN conference) Minnesota(we have had a home and home in last 5 years) and lastly Buffalo.

Battle for Atlantis brackets have not been announced BUT I am positive Oregon will be in our bracket. Oregon has a regular season game scheduled vs UCONN. Logic says they will not double up and lessen that matchup.

Other 5 teams are Oklahoma(they cancelled with us in tourney, Covid) Syracuse(Cardodso angle) South Florida(In The AAC former UCONN conference) Minnesota(we have had a home and home in last 5 years) and lastly Buffalo.
I would assume USF will be on UConn's side of the tournament because of their history but the other 4 teams could go either way.

Reactions: winloseortie
I would assume USF will be on UConn's side of the tournament because of their history but the other 4 teams could go either way.
USF is probably the 4th best team in the field and a tourney projection. OK. is a bubble team. Both teams help SOS.

SEC is projected to get 9 bids also
with LSU on the bubble. We have 11 games against those 8 teams UKx2 A&Mx2 and ole Miss x2. Add UConn, Oregon, and NCSU. That is 15 games already against tourney caliber teams.
Seven open spots on the schedule plus the SEC tourney. Would love to see 4 or 5 of those games be against top 25 caliber teams

Last edited:
Another Heartbreaker for Canada to lose in double overtime to Brazil. Amihere played her heart out and looked determined to go out swinging. She had a game high 22 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals. Another rough free throw night but she made a couple when it counted most when Canada was mounting its comeback to take the game into overtime. She also made two 3 pointers, one of which extended the game.

Cardoso didn't play too much but she had a good block on Amihere, but Cardoso can now add a bronze medal to her accolades. Overall I think Amihere played a pretty good tournament and is very much deserving of a spot on the Olympic team.

USF is probably the 4th best team in the field and a tourney projection. OU is a bubble team. Both teams help SOS
All I know is that I'm sure USF is glad that UConn has left the American conference. They were the only other decent team in the conference and they can finally win the conference championship.

I'll say this, we will own the boards in the SEC. Between Boston, LA, Cardosa and Saxton and Lele who can beat us on the boards. If our young ones can bring outside shooting to the table, the season will be a very special one. FIBA play definitely made LA a stronger player. Cardosa was a cast as a role player and did not go one one and was not considered a go to player. She did a good job defending Boston and limited her ability to score. The 4 Gamecocks players provided Dawn plenty tape to use going into the season.

Henderson sort of fizzled out the last two games but outside of that our players were key players on their respective teams. It's a shame these games were only limited to ESPN +, the commentators was basically giving Dawn Staley and USC non-stop praise the whole tournament. I'm curious if this tournament will spark more interest from more top tier international talent to want to play for USC as well.

Henderson sort of fizzled out the last two games but outside of that our players were key players on their respective teams. It's a shame these games were only limited to ESPN +, the commentators was basically giving Dawn Staley and USC non-stop praise the whole tournament. I'm curious if this tournament will spark more interest from more top tier international talent to want to play for USC as well.
You know DS is scouting and talking down there. Lisa Boyer is down there also though not sure in what role or capacity.

I'll say this, we will own the boards in the SEC. Between Boston, LA, Cardosa and Saxton and Lele who can beat us on the boards. If our young ones can bring outside shooting to the table, the season will be a very special one. FIBA play definitely made LA a stronger player. Cardosa was a cast as a role player and did not go one one and was not considered a go to player. She did a good job defending Boston and limited her ability to score. The 4 Gamecocks players provided Dawn plenty tape to use going into the season.
We have only been out rebounded once in the last two years. By A&M 46-45 in the 2019-20 season

Disrespectful for Cunane to make the all-tournament team over Boston, who lead everyone in efficiency rating. Cardoso was 6th and Amihere 7th.

Rhyne Howard was named MVP, so they weren't going to name 3 USA players on a 5 person all tournament team, even if it was deserved. But considering Boston had better overall numbers playing against the opposing team's starting lineup, she should have been named over Cunane.

Rhyne Howard was named MVP, so they weren't going to name 3 USA players on a 5 person all tournament team, even if it was deserved. But considering Boston had better overall numbers playing against the opposing team's starting lineup, she should have been named over Cunane.
Yeah I'm not too mad at Cunane getting the honor but it does make me wonder if they finalized the voting after the semifinals instead. If so, I can understand why they didn't choose Boston because the semifinals was easily her worst game of the tournament. I really thought Amihere had a decent shot to be honored as well, assuming they was going to try and honor at least one player from team Canada.

Are any of y'all disquieted by the coach's remarks on the Today show yesterday? She's not doing anything at all to quell the speculation regarding Portland. She was very equivocal, to say the least. If she bolts, does the lady who came from Tennessee move up?

Are any of y'all disquieted by the coach's remarks on the Today show yesterday? She's not doing anything at all to quell the speculation regarding Portland. She was very equivocal, to say the least. If she bolts, does the lady who came from Tennessee move up?
No. She made a pretty strong statement about not being interested. It was in the state if you care to look it up

Reactions: Goody101
Dawn has to make the case for women but in the process she could get a pay increase.

Dawn isn't going anywhere, this is like the rumors that Saban or Dabo will leave for the NFL, it's good for publicity, and may lead to a pay raise, that's about it.

Looks like we have another commitment on the Horizon.
My guess are the usual suspects of either Ashlyn Watkins or Talaysia Cooper.

But considering we just hosted Emma Risch and KK Arnold, we could be a getting be a early commitment from one of these ladies as well.

Looks like we have another commitment on the Horizon.
My guess are the usual suspects of either Ashlyn Watkins or Talaysia Cooper.

But considering we just hosted Emma Risch and KK Arnold, we could be a getting be a early commitment from one of these ladies as well.
If it’s Arnold....... I doubt Fulwiley will be a Gamecock. Same position, similar style.
Risch, while just outside the top 50, may be the best 3 pt shooter in the 23 class or even the 22 class. Men’s game range

If it’s Arnold....... I doubt Fulwiley will be a Gamecock. Same position, similar style.
Risch, while just outside the top 50, may be the best 3 pt shooter in the 23 class or even the 22 class. Men’s game range
Yeah, that was my first thought on Arnold as well. Hopefully we find out relatively soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT