Bud Wiser

Aug 14, 2021
USC-2022-football-schedule.jpg
- Week 2 @ Arkansas
- Mixed up version of Orange Crush at the end of the season
- Vandy just before the Orange Crush
- If Georgia was the opener I’d say this was intentional

Reactions: TAV31
An absolute embarrassment. Now cue up the fan base who claims we need these games so we can pad our win total, and how it's beneficial for coaches and players for further development.
Pathetic.
Hopefully we won't do like we've often done before and let them hang around and make a game of it.

Reactions: TAV31
I think the schedule is exactly what we need to build back the program. We do not need 50/50 OOC games. We need sure wins to give the perception that we are moving forward. It helps with recruiting and perception while the coaches work hard on the recruiting trail. It is just where we are at right now.

I like bringing in Georgia State. Some former Gamecocks on that staff as well as some other coaches with ties to SC including the brother of one of our current coaches. Should be fun for all of those guys.

Reactions: TAV31 and redrogers
Hopefully we won't do like we've often done before and let them hang around and make a game of it.
I get that...in Spades. While I love what Stoops has done at UK. I don't love everything that he does. In some ways he is so ridiculously "Old School" that it really stunts his potential as a Head Coach.

One really bad habit? He has this entire "Cloak and Dagger" routine about OOC games early in the season. He doesn't want to reveal schemes or plays he will rely on during the conference schedule. The coaching staff's attitude is, "We so outclass the opponents that we don't have to use our best, most effective schemes or tactics. We can just line up, Mano y Mano, play Super Vanilla...don't shift, stunt or blitz. Don't use any offensive shifts, motions or Jet Sweeps...and just John Wayne these guys into submission."

The problem? When the staff so thoroughly disrespects an opponent like that, the team comes to believe that they can win without their best effort (See last Saturday vs Chattanooga).

Then, Stoops spends the post game presser explaining, "The team wasn't prepared to compete and that's on me." But, he will still do EXACTLY the same thing next year and sit there in the post game with the same surprised look on his face that the team wasn't "ready to play".

I like bringing in Georgia State. Some former Gamecocks on that staff as well as some other coaches with ties to SC including the brother of one of our current coaches. Should be fun for all of those guys.
Yeah that will be true as long as they take the L and go home…..now if they leave here with a win that will be a totally different story!

Reactions: BlueCord86
USC-2022-football-schedule.jpg
- Week 2 @ Arkansas
- Mixed up version of Orange Crush at the end of the season
- Vandy just before the Orange Crush
- If Georgia was the opener I’d say this was intentional
Tennessee, Florida and Clempson is like the old orange crush to end the season that would usually do us in. I liked the years of an easier OOC game the week before Clempson. Was wondering how long the league would let us keep doing that. If you scan other league schools schedules, many are still allowed to play weak OOC games the week before the season ending rival game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT