ADVERTISEMENT

2024 football opponents announced

Im gonna miss the Tennessee series so much. WTF. Seeing fans on FB, Insta etc saying “Oklahoma could be a new rival”, well Tennessee already IS a rival, and we wont ever have a rival that we dont play every year. So we get what, Kentucky?

We should not be shocked. We were late to the SEC party. There were rivalries Georgia has with Auburn, Tennessee and Florida that have deeper roots than our border war.

We certainly have developed quite the rivalries with Georgia, Florida and Tennessee. Georgia was a natural border war. Florida with the Spurrier and Muschamp ties made for a little more juice in that series. Tennessee was just a flat out close game for the last 25 years it seems like.

But none of this was going to overtake any of the rivalries listed above. Georgia had to come off the schedule for those reasons more than anything. Tennessee came off for basically the same reasons. They wanted games with Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia preserved.

Last edited:
This is why we need to go to 9 or even 10 SEC games. We need to play UGA at least and preferably UF and UT also.

I feel like that rivalries has been taken away and rivalries are part of NCAA football.

Imagine NFL doing the same thing and eliminating the divisions. I always look forward to Philadelphia playing the Cowboys, Commanders and Giants each season or the Vikings playing the Bears, Lions and Packers.

This 2024 schedule reminds of the kind of schedule South Carolina would play as an Independent.

As a life-long (occasionally delusional) USC fan, I am excited about our 2024 team and its chances of making the playoffs. Before we get too negative about how the schedule sets up for us, imagine playing a ACC schedule with opponents like Wake, NC State, BC, or Syracuse! The SEC is where the big boys play, and with Beamer we will get more and more competitive. I can't wait to get LSU under the lights at WB.

I consider Kentucky to be our SEC rivalry game. Who wins that game usually goes on to have a decent season. The loser of that game is not in for a good season. Georgia beats us too much to consider it a true rivalry game. Tennessee is more like a rival than Georgia is, but they probably don't think of us as being a rival. I hope we can continue to play Kentucky every year, but I doubt that happens now with all the changes.

College football is changing too much too fast in my opinion. To hell with traditions when everyone is chasing the almighty dollar. A bowl game after a 8-4 season was a special event game. In todays world, players refusing to play in bowl games makes bowl games less interesting, and actually sort of weird. Not much different than a pre-season scrimmage game. I would not be surprised if soon a top NFL draft pick player decides to skip the playoffs.

Reactions: Lurker123
I'm a UF fan and hate our schedule as well. They made UGA our first SEC game? Took away our yearly end of the season FSU game....to play at Texas?

What in the world?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT