ADVERTISEMENT

sadd66

Jun 2, 2010
The number of programs not named South Carolina who have made the CWS between 2013-16, some of them multiple times. If anyone says South Carolina shouldn't be in this list then this program is no longer elite.

84a_zpsdto55bl9.jpg

USC- 5 Nattys
Celmnos- 4 Nattys
THIS is all that matters here and now.

The number of programs not named South Carolina who have made the CWS between 2013-16, some of them multiple times. If anyone says South Carolina shouldn't be in this list then this program is no longer elite.

You just proved a point. The fact that there has been that number of teams to make the CWS in that time frame, shows how much parity is in college baseball today and how getting to Omaha is even more difficult. As long as we are in the conversation to make it, that's a good thing because only eight get to go.
At the moment, we really aren't in that conversation, however, still several weekends to go, so that could definitely change.

Last edited:
Reactions: okccock
You do realize there are over 300 programs playing Division 1 baseball, eligible to go to the CWS each year, so the point you just made is that it's ungodly difficult to make it to Omaha. It's not like the other 280 teams all suck. Rays most talented and winningest (56-6 record on regular season) didn't make it to Omaha, eliminated in Supers by Louisiana Lafayette, 2002 season I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: GarnetBlood80
You do realize there are over 300 programs playing Division 1 baseball, eligible to go to the CWS each year, so the point you just made is that it's ungodly difficult to make it to Omaha. It's not like the other 280 teams all suck. Rays most talented and winningest (56-6 record on regular season) didn't make it to Omaha, eliminated in Supers by Louisiana Lafayette, 2002 season I believe.
You make more excuses than anybody who,posts on these boards.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yeah they didn't care about baseball but they sure ran off their legend coach and now they all about it lmao
They couldn't even make it out of the regionals last year, even Chad accomplished that.

We need to lock Holbrook up for many years to come before some other school tries to steal him from us.

The team you refered to was the 2000 team. And yes it is extremely difficult to get to Omaha. Even Tanner found it extremely difficult before 2002 and from 2005 til the 2010 team. I think some fans forget the 5 years before the first national championship under Tanner. He struggled those years similar to what we've seen in the 5 years under Holbrook. The differences to me are that Chad makes poor decisions in big games, his team's execution, and he seems lost about how to correct issues or even make up a lineup .

The team you refered to was the 2000 team. And yes it is extremely difficult to get to Omaha. Even Tanner found it extremely difficult before 2002 and from 2005 til the 2010 team. I think some fans forget the 5 years before the first national championship under Tanner. He struggled those years similar to what we've seen in the 5 years under Holbrook. The differences to me are that Chad makes poor decisions in big games, his team's execution, and he seems lost about how to correct issues or even make up a lineup .
You're correct about those 2005-2009 teams. The were losing 25 games a season or more and not showing any indication of what was to come in 2010. At the end of the day, I'm confident Ray will do the right thing for this baseball program.

I don't care how many national championships SC has in all sports.... they would trade all of them for a football national championship

It was 2000.

Reactions: searooster
But Tanner took 6 teams to the CWS in 16 years. That's once out of a little over two and a half years. So once out of every five years is not unreasonable.
Just tell me one available coach out there who can reasonably be expected to match Tanner's accomplishments today and I'm on board to hire him should we have a vacancy. The thought that the landscape is crawling with brilliant young coaches with the resume you're looking for and are willing to forfeit their 7 figure contracts to come here is without merit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT