ADVERTISEMENT

3-1 at the Quarter Pole....humm...OK

colalex

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Despite the utter gloom and hysteria around here - I am kinda pleasantly surprised. Second year coach with a massive roster rebuild underway and we are 3-1. Ok by me. Injuries are going to play a role here on out but to get off to a good start helps. I think the next four will be a measuring stick for the "next level" we will have to surmount. MO and KY are games we should win now and later. A&M, TN, ARK are games we should lose now and hopefully win later. But...maybe...we have a punchers chance? I think the talent and depth difference right now is too great. But hopefully in 2 years we will have a pipeline of talent and depth that will allow us to be consistent. Here's to 3 and 1!! Good job let's enjoy the next part of the season.

I wish this level of critique that is placed on this young team and new coaching staff had been placed on the last one. In a way I think that we are experiencing a delayed reaction and are attempting to do now what we all know we should have done 4 or 5 years ago.

Reactions: CoachT13 and wood90
I wish this level of critique that is placed on this young team and new coaching staff had been placed on the last one. In a way I think that we are experiencing a delayed reaction and are attempting to do now what we all know we should have done 4 or 5 years ago.

Agreed. We fell asleep at the switch those last couple years. Everyone should count their lucky stars Muschamp even agreed to come to this disaster.

I know some fans get swept up in the glory years of 1 sec east win and an ACC banner from the 60's but the rest of the country isn't real enamored with our pedigree.

Maybe its because we aren't talking about a win over lsu or Florida or even Kentucky, but la tech after getting ran all over by them and Kentucky in our own stadium.

Its not all muschamps fault but if he doesn't do something about roper it will be because the defense is playing well enough to win 90 percent of the games we play. Other teams have more consistent offenses with less talent, so talent isn't and shouldn't be an excuse here.

This team has a lot of young talent offensively. They should get better as the season goes on and should continue over the foreseeable future. The however has some young pieces, jam, tj, Sterling, etc but is loaded with seniors. Time will tell if Roper is the right guy offensively, but personnel wise, the defense concerns me more. Hopefully this year's recruiting will set us up for the long haul. I think muschamp is as close to a perfect fit for the program as we could've hoped for and can be successful here if given time to put it together and fans give him the benefit of the doubt on occasion.

This team has a lot of young talent offensively. They should get better as the season goes on and should continue over the foreseeable future. The however has some young pieces, jam, tj, Sterling, etc but is loaded with seniors. Time will tell if Roper is the right guy offensively, but personnel wise, the defense concerns me more. Hopefully this year's recruiting will set us up for the long haul. I think muschamp is as close to a perfect fit for the program as we could've hoped for and can be successful here if given time to put it together and fans give him the benefit of the doubt on occasion.
All of that isn't gonna stop some fans from having fairy tales of hiring some up and coming young coach that's gonna fly into Cola on his magic horse and become the next Vince Lombardi, Woody Hayes, Knute Rockne or Bear Bryant and make our program the greatest of all time.

Sometimes I pity them.

We are in the middle of a youth movement that has lost several key older players. While yesterday's win was ugly and frustrating, it says a lot about the character of our young players. They fight and they don't quit. Realistically, it's going to take another year or two to add quality depth and to upgrade our secondary and OL. We are on the right track. It's hard to be patient as a fan, but we need to see the positives. A few years ago, w had teams that quit. I don't see that in this group! People calling for Muschamp to be fired have no clue. Rebuilding does not happen over night. Considering what he inherited and considering our rival won the title the same year, Muschamp has done well. It takes time to build it right. I do think that Roper needs to figure some things out though. I'm not sold on him.

Reactions: cocky4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT