ADVERTISEMENT

3 Football players arrested

Was only a matter of time.

We are still in that early recruiting phase where you have to take the more questionable kids that the bigger schools can pass on.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Rhames was booked in at midnight and is STILL in jail as of 5:10 today as I post this. Not good, because if RICHLAND bond court hasn’t released him yet- it has to be bad. There are people habitually committing armed robberies other felonies and such that get out of that place within a few hours.

Either the bond court judge is a Clemson fan. Or Beamer called in a favor to keep him there an extra day or two to teach him a lesson.

Last edited:
If this was carrying a weapon on campus, this should be bigger than discipline from a football coach. This probably shouldnt even get to SB's desk. Out of his hands.

Reactions: Lurker123
Hopefully South Carolina will choose campus safety over an athlete. The Crimson Tide had a basketball player a few weeks ago charged with capital murder so hoping South Carolina has that in mind when making a decision.

Without knowing all the details of the charges I think we should wait before writing those guys off…. I mean- some areas around here are violent. People need protection. If a gun sniffing dog alerted on his car and campus police found a little pea shooter or a pair of brass knuckles in his glovebox, then there should be some consideration to not kick them off the team and ultimately off campus.

It also just said weapon. That could be a tube of pepper spray for all we know.

Without knowing all the details of the charges I think we should wait before writing those guys off…. I mean- some areas around here are violent. People need protection. If a gun sniffing dog alerted on his car and campus police found a little pea shooter or a pair of brass knuckles in his glovebox, then there should be some consideration to not kick them off the team and ultimately off campus.

It also just said weapon. That could be a tube of pepper spray for all we know.
Common sense says the don't arrest someone for carrying pepper spray ffs

What makes this look even worse is, Rhames had red flags and just about everyone else backed off before his senior year even started.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
What makes this look even worse is, Rhames had red flags and just about everyone else backed off before his senior year even started.

Same with Rose, Hardy and McLeod.

But that’s how Frank Beamer was successful at VT. So it’s a play worth doing if you can’t recruit the other kids as talented as they are without red flags.

Terminate Rhames scholarship and offer scholarship to someone that will appreciate the benefits of an athletic scholarship. The opportunity to receive a degree, a study hall that provides tutors, high quality meals, access to a medical staff is really a privilege that Rhames just did not appreciate as an early enrollee.

Terminate Rhames scholarship and offer scholarship to someone that will appreciate the benefits of an athletic scholarship. The opportunity to receive a degree, a study hall that provides tutors, high quality meals, access to a medical staff is really a privilege that Rhames just did not appreciate as an early enrollee.

Does he still get his NIL money?

Does he still get his NIL money?
Need to put a cap on NIL to make it fair for every school. Also I think they should create a rule that if you transfer from another school that you should not be able to receive NIL from the school you are transferring to and this should hopefully cut down on the poaching from other schools.

I do not mind the kids receiving a some money while they are in school so they can concentrate on school (the main point of the scholarship) and not forced to work.

Reactions: 67gamecock
The thread title says three arrested. Were all three arrested? I know all three were suspended, but have only seen evidence that Rhames was arrested.

The title regarding this on the other forum is a much less sensational "3 freshmen football players suspended." With fans like this...

The thread there also includes the detial that the weapon was a rifle.

Still don't understand the charges. If he was carrying a rifle down the street, that is not illegal and not a crime. If he were using it to commit another crime, that would be illegal, but just carrying a rifle is not illegal. I don't think we have enough information in what was released. Must be something else involved.

Still don't understand the charges. If he was carrying a rifle down the street, that is not illegal and not a crime. If he were using it to commit another crime, that would be illegal, but just carrying a rifle is not illegal. I don't think we have enough information in what was released. Must be something else involved.

It's illegal to have on campus.

If it was in his dorm room, it was on school grounds, and then illegal.

Reactions: bucketdad
If it was in his dorm room, it was on school grounds, and then illegal.
Yes, there is a specific separate statute dealing with schools. After re-reading the article it does say they were on campus so that has to be it.

Reactions: Lurker123
ADVERTISEMENT