ADVERTISEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigger_Stronger_Faster

Aug 6, 2011
So now the number of unranked teams you beat matters more than the number of ranked teams you play and beat???
Easy to see all ACC teams have an advantage to start with. It's probably a category they'll give awards for and use to help promote the conference.
And I see how Palmer jumped on board with that stat!

So now the number of unranked teams you beat matters more than the number of ranked teams you play and beat???
Easy to see all ACC teams have an advantage to start with. It's probably a category they'll give awards for and use to help promote the conference.
And I see how Palmer jumped on board with that stat!

Actually the stat is only brought up because that is what the media defined "Clemsoning" to be.

Losing to an unranked opponent while ranked Clemson has not done that since 2011.

Actually the stat is only brought up because that is what the media defined "Clemsoning" to be.

Losing to an unranked opponent while ranked Clemson has not done that since 2011.

Why does it matter when you only play 2 ranked opponents a year and you lose to both of them?

To be the best you need to beat the best. Beating teams you're supposed to but failing when you play top teams is still failing.

And playing 10 unranked teams a season and beating them is nothing to gloat about...especially when 2 of them are FCS teams.

Why does it matter when you only play 2 ranked opponents a year and you lose to both of them?

To be the best you need to beat the best. Beating teams you're supposed to but failing when you play top teams is still failing.

And playing 10 unranked teams a season and beating them is nothing to gloat about.
You are right ND FSU and GT are terrible.

I just hate we can't play in the super powerful SEC East

You are right ND FSU and GT are terrible.

I just hate we can't play in the super powerful SEC East
Clemson's overall record against our opponents in the SEC East:

Florida 3-9-1
Georgia 18-42-4
Kentucky 5-8
Missouri 3-1
Tennessee 6-11-2
Vanderbilt 1-3
Total 36-74-10

Florida 3-9-1
Georgia 18-42-4
Kentucky 5-8
Missouri 3-1
Tennessee 6-11-2
Vanderbilt 1-3
Total 36-74-10

Guess that shut one of their smart mouths up. They will probably go 9-2 or 10-1 while we limp into our game with them 6-5 at best. Its kind of back to the old days I guess unless Perry or Lorenzo can catch fire in the next 5 games and we can beat one of the big boys left. I say the season doesn't really start until Saturday and I will be satisfied if SC can at least make this a 2nd half game v GA and be competitive. NM

And playing 10 unranked teams a season and beating them is nothing to gloat about...especially when 2 of them are FCS teams.
The new "Clemsoning" is beating up on unranked teams, but never beating a ranked team. And the Clemson fans actually brag about that. They're "all in" the Clemson kool aid

And that has what to do with how strong those teams are this year?

Didn't you just say in jest, "the super powerful SEC East"???
Seeing Clemson's record Vs. the "super powerful SEC East" should shut you up, but the tater in you feels compelled to tiger spin it.
Do you know who thinks Clemson has a tough schedule this season? Clemson fans... that's it. No one else in the country is talking, or even thinking about, Clemson's "difficult" strength of schedule.

Klempsun has a losing record to Vanderbilt and Kentucky? They think they are in the same class as LSU, Georgia, Tenn and Auburn? Give me a break!

Didn't you just say in jest, "the super powerful SEC East"???
Seeing Clemson's record Vs. the "super powerful SEC East" should shut you up, but the tater in you feels compelled to tiger spin it.
Do you know who thinks Clemson has a tough schedule this season? Clemson fans... that's it. No one else in the country is talking, or even thinking about, Clemson's "difficult" strength of schedule.

"Should shut you up" can we have a conversation without childish stuff like this please? I have not attacked you once.

"Should shut you up" can we have a conversation without childish stuff like this please? I have not attacked you once.

An obvious Clemson fan, on a SC fan board, saying in sarcasm "the super powerful SEC East" is considered an attack in my book.
I'm a SC fan, on a Gamecock board, defending my school/team from sarcastic remarks from a Clemson fan.
You sir, are a Clemson fan, on a SC board, making sarcastic remarks. So maybe you should get off your high horse?
I have no problem with Clemson fans on this site. I actually enjoy the rivalry. But when you make ridiculous sarcastic remarks, don't complain about the response you get. Take a look around and remember where you are, friend.

An obvious Clemson fan, on a SC fan board, saying in sarcasm "the super powerful SEC East" is considered an attack in my book.
I'm a SC fan, on a Gamecock board, defending my school/team from sarcastic remarks from a Clemson fan.
You sir, are a Clemson fan, on a SC board, making sarcastic remarks. So maybe you should get off your high horse?
I have no problem with Clemson fans on this site. I actually enjoy the rivalry. But when you make ridiculous sarcastic remarks, don't complain about the response you get. Take a look around and remember where you are, friend.

I am all for having a conversation as well. I am not for attacking other posters which I have never done over here. I was simply defending my team as well. The response that I was given had nothing to do with my remark. The SEC East is weak this year and has been for the past several. I am not sure what Clemson's results from decades ago against the SEC East has to do with the teams strength this year.

Florida 3-9-1
Georgia 18-42-4
Kentucky 5-8
Missouri 3-1
Tennessee 6-11-2
Vanderbilt 1-3
Total 36-74-10
So when we bring up our overall record against y'all it's irrelevant only the last 6 matter but our overall against the east is relevant?

I am all for having a conversation as well. I am not for attacking other posters which I have never done over here. I was simply defending my team as well. The response that I was given had nothing to do with my remark. The SEC East is weak this year and has been for the past several. I am not sure what Clemson's results from decades ago against the SEC East has to do with the teams strength this year.
How do you know the SEC East is weak? Is the season over?

"The sec east is weak thus year and has been for the last several." When has the ACC been powerful?

Uga 1-1 y'all 2-5 notice I put our record vs y'all even though y'all left it out on the overall. We are also 2-1 auburn and 1-0 lsu how are y'all in that same time against them?

Thanks for proving my point.... Clemson fans say the SEC East is weak, yet Dabo's record Vs the SEC East is 3-6? Does that make sense to yall?
We didn't have at least a month to prepare for Auburn and LSU the way Clemson did. Clemson opened 2 seasons Vs Auburn, so it had an entire off season to prepare. You faced LSU in a bowl game with a month to prepare. Just so we're clear.... the seasons yall beat Auburn and LSU, you LOST to SC.

Uga 1-1 y'all 2-5 notice I put our record vs y'all even though y'all left it out on the overall. We are also 2-1 auburn and 1-0 lsu how are y'all in that same time against them?

Thanks for proving my point.... Clemson fans say the SEC East is weak, yet Dabo's record Vs the SEC East is 3-6? Does that make sense to yall?
We didn't have at least a month to prepare for Auburn and LSU the way Clemson did. Clemson opened 2 seasons Vs Auburn, so it had an entire off season to prepare. You faced LSU in a bowl game with a month to prepare. Just so we're clear.... the seasons yall beat Auburn and LSU, you LOST to SC.

So we have played the two best teams in the SEC East the past 5 years. Its not that hard to figure that part out. It is easy to make a record look bad when you take out all the bad teams from the equation. You seriously arguing that UT and Florida have not been terrible lately?

UT seems to be getting it back on track though.

I would love to see our record during that time span vs awful Florida, Vandy, UT, Kentucky.

Florida 3-9-1
Georgia 18-42-4
Kentucky 5-8
Missouri 3-1
Tennessee 6-11-2
Vanderbilt 1-3
Total 36-74-10

Guess that shut one of their smart mouths up. They will probably go 9-2 or 10-1 while we limp into our game with them 6-5 at best. Its kind of back to the old days I guess unless Perry or Lorenzo can catch fire in the next 5 games and we can beat one of the big boys left. I say the season doesn't really start until Saturday and I will be satisfied if SC can at least make this a 2nd half game v GA and be competitive. NM

yes i am a clemson fan, yes this is my first and probably only post youll ever see. but i just need to throw this out at yall.

usc record vs sec east teams
Florida - (8-24)
Georgia - (18-42)
Kentucky - (17-9) (good job)
Missouri - (2-3)
Tennessee - (7-24)
Vandy - (20-4) (good job)
total - (72-106)

and again just in case yall didnt know

usc vs Clemson
42-66-4

yall dont look so big and bad either against that "almighty SEC East"

furthermore, yall had the advantage of playing the majority of your games against kentucky and vanderbilt in the 90s and 2000s, where they were both....to put it mildly....terrible. if you withhold your dominance of those 2 cellardwellers and measure yourselves against what im sure most of yall would consider the better teams in the east, your win percentage drops from 68% to 36%.

since 1952, clemson is 4-4 with ky and has only played vandy 4 times (1905,1908, 1958, and 1960). those are hardly relevant statistics when judging the overall success and tradition of a team. so i propose the following.

assuming that....since clemson thoroughly dominated south carolina in the 80s, 90, and 2010s, clemson would beat uk and vandy much in the same fashion you did during that time frame, remove them from the stats and call it a push. then the following is what you get

usc vs
fla (8-24)
ga (18-47)
mo (2-3)
tn (7-24)
ttl (35-98 or 36%)

clemson vs
fla (3-9)
ga (18-42)
mo (3-1)
tn (6-11)
ttl (30-63 or 48%)

i guess this is my attempt at constructive criticism for you. take it for what you will.

Reactions: housetater
So we have played the two best teams in the SEC East the past 5 years. Its not that hard to figure that part out. It is easy to make a record look bad when you take out all the bad teams from the equation. You seriously arguing that UT and Florida have not been terrible lately?

UT seems to be getting it back on track though.

I would love to see our record during that time span vs awful Florida, Vandy, UT, Kentucky.

I'd like to see our record Vs Wake Forest, Syracuse, NC State, and Louisville too.
UT started the season as a ranked team and just fell out of the top 25 after a close loss to OU. I didn't make that up, it happened. Since Tenn started this season as a ranked team, then obviously there are many "experts" that think Tennessee is not terrible.

I'd like to see our record Vs Wake Forest, Syracuse, NC State, and Louisville too.
UT started the season as a ranked team and just fell out of the top 25 after a close loss to OU. I didn't make that up, it happened. Since Tenn started this season as a ranked team, then obviously there are many "experts" that think Tennessee is not terrible.

ok i lied, ill make one more post.

to answer your question,

usc vs
louisivill (0-0) never played
syracuse (0-0) never played
ncsu (27-26)
wake (34-20)

clem vs
louisville (2-0)
syracuse (2-1)
ncsu (54-28)
wake (62-17)

yes i am a clemson fan, yes this is my first and probably only post youll ever see. but i just need to throw this out at yall.

usc record vs sec east teams
Florida - (8-24)
Georgia - (18-42)
Kentucky - (17-9) (good job)
Missouri - (2-3)
Tennessee - (7-24)
Vandy - (20-4) (good job)
total - (72-106)

and again just in case yall didnt know

usc vs Clemson
42-66-4

yall dont look so big and bad either against that "almighty SEC East"

furthermore, yall had the advantage of playing the majority of your games against kentucky and vanderbilt in the 90s and 2000s, where they were both....to put it mildly....terrible. if you withhold your dominance of those 2 cellardwellers and measure yourselves against what im sure most of yall would consider the better teams in the east, your win percentage drops from 68% to 36%.

since 1952, clemson is 4-4 with ky and has only played vandy 4 times (1905,1908, 1958, and 1960). those are hardly relevant statistics when judging the overall success and tradition of a team. so i propose the following.

assuming that....since clemson thoroughly dominated south carolina in the 80s, 90, and 2010s, clemson would beat uk and vandy much in the same fashion you did during that time frame, remove them from the stats and call it a push. then the following is what you get

usc vs
fla (8-24)
ga (18-47)
mo (2-3)
tn (7-24)
ttl (35-98 or 36%)

clemson vs
fla (3-9)
ga (18-42)
mo (3-1)
tn (6-11)
ttl (30-63 or 48%)

i guess this is my attempt at constructive criticism for you. take it for what you will.
ok i lied, ill make one more post.

to answer your question,

usc vs
louisivill (0-0) never played
syracuse (0-0) never played
ncsu (27-26)
wake (34-20)

clem vs
louisville (2-0)
syracuse (2-1)
ncsu (54-28)
wake (62-17)

My response was part of a conversation with Clemalum.... he/she said...
I would love to see our record during that time span (under Dabo) vs awful Florida, Vandy, UT, Kentucky.

I thought it was implied, in my response, that I'd like to see SC's record, "during that same time span", Vs Louisville, Syracuse, NC State, Wake Forest. "During that same time span" being key. Clemson is a top two team in their ACC division, and SC is 5-2 Vs the Tigers "during that same time span", so I would assume if SC was able to beat Clemson 5 times, then SC would have at least an equally impressive record Vs the bottom half of Clemson's division.

Last edited:
The only reason you taters think the SEC east has been down is hatred for USC. UT and UF haven't been the same for years, but USC moved up. Adding Mizzou who has been up since joining the SEC east, with Uga and USC winning 10-11 games a season only means that the division is about equal...it just has different teams at the top.
Yes, the SEC East has not been as good as the West the past few years (the West always has more teams with better records...they almost always have) but they haven't fallen to the level of the ACC...and never will.

As for CU's defense, well they did what they had to do. The DL looked fairly good but was it that they are good or UL's OL is bad? I saw CU's middle linebacker blitz straight up the middle about 20 times it seems and UL never made adjustments or either their OL is just so bad they kept forgetting about him. LB's looked decent. I wasn't overly impressed with the secondary but they didn't have a lot of balls thrown so it's hard to judge also. Like many have said it's hard to judge them on this game. But they will play about 7 more teams with OL and offenses just as bad so I'm sure they'll be ranked high at the end of the season...even if they get exposed playing a good OL and offense or 2. That's the beauty for them of being in the mighty ACC.

Last edited:
LSU had a month to prepare too. And Auburn had a whole offseason to prepare.

Guess no tater will respond and tell me when the ACC had ever been good. Bash the east for being down when your conference as a whole has never been up.

According to Sargarin end of the year rankings. There have been 6 times since between 2000 and 2012 that the ACC has been ranked 3rd or higher in conference rankings. I stopped at 2012 because Sargarin started breaking his rankings down into divisions. Twice in that span the ACC was ranked the #1 conference (2003,2004) and it was ranked 2nd in 2005(Big 10 was #1).

They should try playing GA, LSU, and FL back to back to back like we did in 2012, with LSU, and FL on the road. They finished ranked #5, #9, and #14 respectively that year. As a side note, Vandy finished #24. When has Clemson ever played 3 ranked teams in a row? Let alone 2 that finished in the top 10.

2012 was the year the SEC screwed us by reshuffling the schedule when TA&M and MO joined the conference.

On October 1, 2011, Clemson became the first ACC team to beat three nationally ranked opponents in a row: #21-ranked Auburn, #11-ranked Florida State, and #11-ranked Virginia Tech.

On October 1, 2011, Clemson became the first ACC team to beat three nationally ranked opponents in a row: #21-ranked Auburn, #11-ranked Florida State, and #11-ranked Virginia Tech.

Lol...a 8-5 Auburn team that finished unranked and 2 ACC teams that beat up on midgets all season. BTW, at least CU was in friendly company in the final poll...VT #21, CU #22 and FSU #23.

But yeah, they were all ranked when y'all played em.

So 2005 so 10 years ago you were the 2nd best conference. No where have I seen yall were the best conference. Should I bother to ask what the SEC rankings are?

The new "Clemsoning" is beating up on unranked teams, but never beating a ranked team. And the Clemson fans actually brag about that. They're "all in" the Clemson kool aid

Yep! Dumbest thing I've ever seen. Let's tell App State they got Clemsoned. Those morons are doing just that.

Ok snagged here I'll play. We were talking about conferences nkt an individual team. AP final rankings thay year

ACC
1 Florida State
8 clemson
15. Louisville
23. Duke

SEC
2. Auburn
4. South Carolina
5. Missouri
7. Alabama
14. LSU
18. Texas A&M
24. Vandy

Hm so again which conference was better? Also yes Vandy was ranked. Now run along its 3am I've been drinking and don't wanna play with idiots anymore.

Wait correction Louisville wasn't in the ACC yet so the SEC east had as many teams ranked as the whole ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT