ADVERTISEMENT

34 yrs ago today in Braves history....(can we still call em that?)...

I was a kid/ teenager when he played. I would watch an entire game just to watch his 4 at bats. He had that short power swing. Also i thought it was funny that after the 3rd home run they showed the score and the Bravos were losing. Typical 80's Braves baseball. lol

Reactions: Gaimcock
I was a kid/ teenager when he played. I would watch an entire game just to watch his 4 at bats. He had that short power swing. Also i thought it was funny that after the 3rd home run they showed the score and the Bravos were losing. Typical 80's Braves baseball. lol
Score runs and can't win team. They were fun to watch.

no candles when they compare to early 70’s teams......recall one game down there when Braves got 7 hits and committed 7 errors......frank tepedino was our first basemen then:)

It was a Sunday afternoon game and I got offered a free ticket to the game.....turned it down to spend a wonderful afternoon with my girlfriend......it was a good decision but not a four home run decision

I watched this game live. If memory serves me correctly, he hit his fourth in the 8th or 9th inning in his 5th at bat. He flew out to the wall in center on his fourth at bat.

Reactions: mikeypen
...and the Braves still lost. I remember a local (Atl) sports caster giving the highlights, then announcing the Braves lost at which point he threw his notes up in the air on live TV. Pretty much summed up that team at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT